You have a point there. I guess the best precaution is just to not post anything that could be used against you. Or just don't use it socially.
Banks are evil. A good alternative would be credit unions. I'm thinking of joining my union one very soon.
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450(1.65GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)
• AMD Radeon HD 6320M Discrete-Class Graphics and support for DX11
• 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
• 320GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive...