• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by bennieboy2290

  1. B

    older motherboards drivers

    For sure! I guess I'm more wondering if its a trial and error thing or if its standard practice that its always acceptable that separate drivers are fine to update and aren't tied to the specific motherboard.
  2. B

    older motherboards drivers

    After building a new PC, we know to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to get the latest drivers for chipset, network interface, onboard audio, etc. But after awhile the motherboard manufacturer will stop updating their website with new drivers. Can I update the component drivers...
  3. B

    Fractal Design Define R6

    Yikes, now Newegg is saying the non-regular black R6s won't be available til March... FML
  4. B

    After ~10 years, my trusty Logitech mx518 mouse broke, looking for a similar replacement

    I know this mouse is ancient, but I'm so used to the shape and feel of it that i don't know if I could like something that strays too far from this style. I was looking at the G400s since that was supposed to be the direct successor to the mx518, but even that mouse is quite old so I'm looking...
  5. B

    Upgrade or Overhaul?

    Here's how to get your old account back: https://hardforum.com/threads/lost-account-access-and-passwords-changed.1887279/ Also theres a HardOCP article comparing Sandy Bridge to Kaby Lake http://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/01/13/kaby_lake_7700k_vs_sandy_bridge_2600k_ipc_review/1 which shows...
  6. B

    Before I buy what do you guys think of this build ?

    You can go with a H chipset motherboard since you're not overclocking. You're also missing a lot of parts lol are you just upgrading the build in your sig?
  7. B

    Updating builds for next 4 or so years of gaming...

    Kaby Lake processors won't work in the Z170 chipset without a BIOS update, so I would go with a Z270 chipset mobo. Also to reiterate what Skillz said, since you are not overclocking the -K processor, Z chipset mobo, and CPU cooler aren't necessary. It will increase resale value though and if...
  8. B

    Perhaps [H]ot? For a used PSU...?

    Seems like a lot of people are having the "chirping" problem with the newer HX650s. I've never RMAd before so I'm wondering if I can RMA a used PSU if the one I order happens to have the chirping problem?
  9. B

    Perhaps [H]ot? For a used PSU...?

    I have a 7 year old HX620 that I want to replace, this should do the trick nicely! The warranty will still be good even though I'm not the original buyer? They are also selling this one...
  10. B

    Samsung D3 Station 4TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive - $119.00

    According to Newegg reviews, it houses a Seagate ST4000DM000 inside. I usually avoid Seagate, but this is a good price, has 3 year warranty, and I'm in desperate need of a 4TB. Thanks for the link OP!
  11. B

    Have $500 to upgrade an LGA775 gaming PC

    I don't factor MIR either, I'm still waiting on one from 4 years ago! All the prices listed are separate from MIR so that Thermaltake comes in at less than half the price of the H80i if the rebate does come in, thats why I decided to try it. HardwareSecrets, LegitReviews, and TweakTown all...
  12. B

    $150 to upgrade my Tmobile HTC Radar 4G

    Wow I've never even heard of the moto G, looks great! This is probably a dumb question but where should I buy one of these? I'm used to just going into the T-mobile store when I want an upgrade but these appear to be unlocked so you can buy them anywhere for any service provider? Can I still...
  13. B

    $150 to upgrade my Tmobile HTC Radar 4G

    I mainly use my phone for listening to music, calls, texts, gps, minimal internet usage outside some facebook/reddit. I don't like windows phone so I'm thinking android. Would a used Samsung Galaxy S 2 be a nice upgrade?
  14. B

    Have $500 to upgrade an LGA775 gaming PC

    Definitely getting that Z77-V LK board, has pretty much everything I need. $130 -$15MIR Decided to get this RAM, only a couple bucks more. $72 As awesome as that H80i looks, the Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro is on a good sale right now and reviews suggests it performs the same as the H80 and...
  15. B

    Have $500 to upgrade an LGA775 gaming PC

    Well I was playing around on ebay and "accidentally" won an i5-2500K for $150 so looks like I'm going LGA1155! I'll probably end up going with something like octoberasian's build, any motherboards I should avoid if I don't choose that P8Z77 pro? Also the processor is OEM (no heatsink) so I was...
Back
Top