Recent content by ArrizX

  1. A

    Looking at an MSI and Gigabyte for a Phenom II OC

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275&Tpk=N82E16813130275 Honestly, kinda seems like a toss up. I have a Phenom II x4 965 125W CPU I want to OC, I have a 7600GT KO GPU for dual monitors, 4GB of...
  2. A

    New build powers on, nothing on display

    Run that CPU and update bios and then run the 965? I might as well, lol. Thats a great idea, actually Till now I didnt know I could ever do that.
  3. A

    New build powers on, nothing on display

    I did, and I have determined that the motherboard has an outdated BIOS revision for my CPU, but I thought that the motherboard will boot into the bios with out the CPU. I can take out both the memory and video card (no on board video) and get zero beeps. So I guess there is no way to flash this...
  4. A

    New build powers on, nothing on display

    Phenom II x4 965 Asus M4A79XTD EVO Samsung F3's, 500GB and 1TB 4 gigs of Kingstong ddr3 1300 hyperX 7600GT KO Sound Blaster X-FI Corsair 750W PSU DVD drive, wifi card... I have it all hooked up, I can plug it in turn it on and I get all my correct lights, noises happen, fans turn...
  5. A

    Taking heatsink off CPU

    I must say think you for this post. It guided me into this motherboard, which I plan to purchase in the next couple minutes as with some thermal paste. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131402
  6. A

    Which memory would you choose?

    But either way what I am getting at it is it better to run at 1600 then?
  7. A

    Which memory would you choose?

    Makes sense. I didnt want to open it and use it before I returned it but I might as well I guess. Thanks
  8. A

    Taking heatsink off CPU

    Well the board I have doesnot support DDR3, so there is an answer it itsself.
  9. A

    Which memory would you choose?

    Interesing. Its for a Phenom 965. I am working on the board right now. I have the DDR3 1333 memory already. Its HyperX, but I kinda wanted to return it and get 1600.
  10. A

    Which memory would you choose?

    DDR3 1333 with a 7-7-7-21 or a DDR3 1600 kit with a CAS of 8?
  11. A

    Taking heatsink off CPU

    I dont think I want to go with MSI now. I was set on this board, untill two new reviews came in saying the Computer only sees the processor as AM2+. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275 Thats a bunch of crap. I dont know whats with MSI on that one, so I think I...
  12. A

    Taking heatsink off CPU

    I dont need Sli or Xfire. I also dont need SATA 6 or USB3.0 (i dont think enough stuff supports it yet to need it, correct?) With that in mind what would you reccomend? The rest of the computer is as follows: Phenom X4 965 500GB Samsun F3 1TB Samsung F3 7600GT KO video card (no games...
  13. A

    Taking heatsink off CPU

    Well box says Biostar TA790GX A3+. But its... not. Because on the board it in very small letters says Am2+, and only supports DDR2 memory. It was only a temp board till I got a 790 series. But oh well. Sorry I made te thread, I got it off. Did a quick google and twisted it off. I was...
  14. A

    Taking heatsink off CPU

    Well, friend sold me a POS mobo and I need to take off my CPU and Heatsink. But now the heatsink is stuck to it since I locked it down. How does it come off with out hurting it? I am afraid I just ruined a Phenom 965.
  15. A

    Educate me on memory and reccomend

    The motherboard I have does not support DDR3 1600 =\ I will think hard about those sticks of ram though. I did not want to spend that much money. Even the hyper x I was looking at was overkill for me. I wanted to stay under 120. Oh well.
Back
Top