• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New build powers on, nothing on display

ArrizX

n00b
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
45
Phenom II x4 965
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Samsung F3's, 500GB and 1TB
4 gigs of Kingstong ddr3 1300 hyperX
7600GT KO
Sound Blaster X-FI
Corsair 750W PSU
DVD drive, wifi card...


I have it all hooked up, I can plug it in turn it on and I get all my correct lights, noises happen, fans turn but nothing happens on the monitor. I need to specifically get to the bios to see if my 125W cpu will work with this board. It will after a particular bios revision, but I forget which right now.

But that shouldnt make nothing come up, Any ideas?
 
Check the stickied Basic Trouble Shooting Guide on what to do when the PC does not POST. Report back after you've done so.
 
I did, and I have determined that the motherboard has an outdated BIOS revision for my CPU, but I thought that the motherboard will boot into the bios with out the CPU. I can take out both the memory and video card (no on board video) and get zero beeps.

So I guess there is no way to flash this bios with my current CPU. I need to buy the 140W edition, instead of the new revised c3 125W edition
 
The cheapest solution, if you have no other option, would to buy a new bios from ebay that already has been updated to the latest bios.
 
Back
Top