Which memory would you choose?

DDR3-1600's CAS time would be 10ns (1.25ns per tick * 8 ticks),

DDR3-1333's CAS time would 10.5ns (1.5ns per tick * 7 ticks).

So the 1600 would be just a slight bit faster per access.
 
Interesing.

Its for a Phenom 965.

I am working on the board right now. I have the DDR3 1333 memory already. Its HyperX, but I kinda wanted to return it and get 1600.
 
Interesing.

Its for a Phenom 965.

I am working on the board right now. I have the DDR3 1333 memory already. Its HyperX, but I kinda wanted to return it and get 1600.

You might try running the HyperX at 1600 with relaxed timings to see if you even need to return it.
 
Makes sense. I didnt want to open it and use it before I returned it but I might as well I guess. Thanks
 
If ddr3 1333 package isnt opened and within return time....get the ddr3 1600
 
Back
Top