Recent content by archpho3nix

  1. A

    The Hard Drive Journey...

  2. A

    The Hard Drive Journey...

    thanks for the advice gents. I'll post later on the progress of the situation.
  3. A

    The Hard Drive Journey...

    So it started on a crisp cold day, the air was thick and unforgiving... I have a *file* on the hard drive of my computer that is ~ 4.5 gigz. The hard drive is partitioned into two drives, one of which has Windows XP Professional installed. I brought this hard drive to a friend's house in...
  4. A

    Connecting two computers

    <delete thread> Problem solved, just took out the hard drive and hooked it up to the new computer. Take that WinXP Network!
  5. A

    Connecting two computers

    The files were never copied. I don't know how to simply copy one file from my old computer to my new one.
  6. A

    Connecting two computers

    Let's start simple... How do I enable file sharing? Let's say I have both computers connected to the router.
  7. A

    Connecting two computers

    I tried that, the files in the 'shared documents' folder were not the same perhaps I did not apply file sharing correctly? If it makes a difference, I located another line of cat 5 wire.
  8. A

    Connecting two computers

    Hello fellow computer geniuses. I have run into a problem. Unfortunately my expertise of computers does not exceed anything past the case. I need help getting the information from one computer to another. I have over 20 GB of data, files, songs, movies, etc. that I want to transfer from my...
  9. A

    Will my Mobo support...

    Will my Motherboard run an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro? Currently using - Nvidia GF ti4200 Info from CPU-Z Manufacturer: Compaq Model: 073Ch Chipset: VIA KT133 Southbridge: VIA VT82C686 Rev: 81 BIOS: Brand: Compaq Version: 786K5 Date: 12/05/2001 That's right. She's been...
  10. A

    Determining my motherboard

    thx raven. Forgot all about that program. Much appreciated.
  11. A

    9600 pro not installing

    I've determined that my motherboard is... stupid Compaq BIOS. Anyway, does anyone know or know how I could determine whether this motherboard will support the ATI Radeon 9600 pro? Manufacturer: Compaq Model: 073Ch Chipset: VIA KT133
  12. A

    Determining my motherboard

    I went to countless sites... Maybe I'm lazy, but I can't figure out how to find out my Mobo. So far I opened the case up and found a serial code on the mobo, it said: 786K5 0003
  13. A

    9600 pro not installing

    The problem lies that I can't see anything when my computer starts. I don't see the windows start up, I don't see the craptastic 'COMPAQ' red lettering that slaps me in the face every time I run my computer. Simply put, the light on the monitor remains orange and the screen makes no effort to...
  14. A

    9600 pro not installing

    A little help please. I was a veteran to this site, but I recently reformatted and forgot to backup a few passwords and such. Doh! Anyway... I can't seem to install this video card. It gives me the following problem: I uninstall my GF ti4200 (I know Nvidia *gasp) drivers. Shut down the...
Back
Top