9600 pro not installing

Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
13
A little help please. I was a veteran to this site, but I recently reformatted and forgot to backup a few passwords and such. Doh! Anyway...

I can't seem to install this video card. It gives me the following problem:

I uninstall my GF ti4200 (I know Nvidia *gasp) drivers.
Shut down the computer.
Slap this sexy ATI 9600 pro in
However the light on my monitor stays orange.
(The light turns green on startup with the ti4200 in).

Tried updating my monitor drivers, no go.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 2200+ (I think) 1.45 gigz
Some motherboard which only supports SD ram
512 SD RAM (ouch)
GeForce ti4200

My computer is more than 4 of 5 years old. I read somewhere that the motherboard may just simply be too out of date for the video card. Any ideas or solutions are welcome.
 
The problem lies that I can't see anything when my computer starts. I don't see the windows start up, I don't see the craptastic 'COMPAQ' red lettering that slaps me in the face every time I run my computer. Simply put, the light on the monitor remains orange and the screen makes no effort to show my eyes one of its pixels.
 
I've determined that my motherboard is... stupid Compaq BIOS. Anyway, does anyone know or know how I could determine whether this motherboard will support the ATI Radeon 9600 pro?

Manufacturer: Compaq
Model: 073Ch
Chipset: VIA KT133
 
Back
Top