• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by a_kraker99

  1. A

    Correct way to setup domain controller IP settings?

    Here is my scenario. My router is set as a DHCP server and I have Server 2012 setup as a domain controller doing name resolution for my local network. I want network clients to access local resources using my domain name and access the internet so how do I setup DNS? Do I set up a...
  2. A

    Can't get IMAP to work with port forwarding. Whats wrong?

    Yes, that is correct. Mail is hosted with my web hosting provider
  3. A

    Can't get IMAP to work with port forwarding. Whats wrong?

    For some reason I am unable to get IMAP working through my e-mail client. I had it working before with a different router setup so I don't think it is a matter of the ISP blocking port 143 unless they just started to. Any way to test that? Anyway, the setup basically goes like this...
  4. A

    Treating infected computers

    I'm not that worried, just curious about how to safely get the required programs on his computer without infecting my stuff.
  5. A

    Treating infected computers

    That is what I have done in the past as well but after taking a class on network security in college they made me a bit more paranoid about worms. I am going got try out the USB immunizer from bitdefender.
  6. A

    Treating infected computers

    So I have a friends computer that I believe is pretty heavily infected and I need to run some anti-malware scans on it. How do most of you go about doing this when the anti-malware programs are not already installed on the infected computer? I don't want to risk connecting it to my network or...
  7. A

    DNS problems. Connecting to internet behind NAT

    Private. 192.168.69.107 /24 with a gateway on a different subnet 192.168.16.5 /24. The WAN status in the router shows all the same information that I get when connecting the computer directly to the network and using IPCONFIG /ALL
  8. A

    DNS problems. Connecting to internet behind NAT

    Scenario: My brother has an office in a building that has a RJ-45 port to hook up to in order to connect to the internet. I can wire it into a switch to connect multiple devices and they all access the internet just fine. However, they would like to have their own private network to share...
  9. A

    Accessing shares on workgroup computer from a server in a domain

    I got it. I had to turn password protected sharing off for that computer. Here is a different question. I have my server set up as a name server and my computers use it as the primary DNS. Anything it cannot resolve gets forwarded to Google's public DNS. The problem I am having is that it...
  10. A

    Accessing shares on workgroup computer from a server in a domain

    you mean "\\computername\username + password" I think there must be a firewall setting I need to modify. I am able to access other computers, just one in particular is not working now.
  11. A

    Accessing shares on workgroup computer from a server in a domain

    I am just curious if it is possible to access shares on a computer that is on the same network but in a different workgroup/domain or if they all absolutely have to be in the same domain or workgroup. I am able to see and ping the workgroup computer from the domain computer but not able to see...
  12. A

    Dell system partition showing as unallocated when slaved

    I am trying to use Acronis to clone my Dell laptops C: drive onto a SSD, but when I hook the drive up on the computer that is doing the transfer, the C: partition shows up as unallocated. I can see Dell's recovery partitions just fine. I am running MiniTool Partition Recovery right now but I...
  13. A

    Upgrading my SSD. Opinions on SATA II or III

    Okay so I guess my question now is if a card like on one HERE would be sufficient for the time being to get the full speed out of a SSD?
  14. A

    Upgrading my SSD. Opinions on SATA II or III

    From what I read here SATA II actually runs at about 300 MB/s The read speed on the Vertex 4 is supposed to be like 500 MB/s right?
Back
Top