Samsung PX2370

I just did this with mine, starting out slowing doing clockwise circles=nothing, then really fast and it was slight. So no its not the same for everyone. Also, other variables can play in this including GPU Drivers displaying the image. Basically it comes down to if you are really looking for something to bitch about with these monitors and you have the time to do all these tests, sure you will find something wrong if you are looking for it.

I also played the games the poster mentioned. Nah, its got to be driver related on his end. ;)

I have a 8800GTS 512(G92) with 197.57(last beta before the v256 drivers) on Win7 x64. Pretty average, besides they do the same thing when I hook them up to my laptop and netbook.

The problem is however Samsung implemented Overdrive on this monitor, because everything is fine when its disabled.

Also I swear I wasn't looking for it :D, I just know how things should look and when something is off then I tend to notice it.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/advanced.htm - Lots of info on Overdrive and other LCD Enhancements here.

I'm mildly curious about this 'magic view' feature - does it fix the major failing of TN? i.e. can this monitor display a solid colour from top to bottom of the screen without exhibiting a visible colour shift? Usually with TN I see bright colour near the top, but the colour fades dramatically at the bottom - so even at normal 1.5'-3' viewing distance I find TN unpleasant.

The MagicAngle doesn't fix the average TN color shift when viewing the monitor head on. Instead it's for extreme viewing angle changes, like when your standing above the screen.

if i type really hard / tap buttons on my desk the screen shakes, is there anyway to stop this? i thought it might be the stand but the part thats moving is the top were you can lean the screen back.

btw what was that thing at the bottom when you install it /screw and then the coin thingy that you have to flick to the other side. ?

You have to align the monitor into the round base (it only goes in one way, so pay attention to the alignment), and then screw it tight using the 'coin thingy'. :rolleyes:

With a Futureshop warranty I exchanged my Samsung 2233rz 120hz montir for the PX2370 with no charge due to horrendes backlight bleed on the 2233rz even with the low brightness of 120cdm/2.

Gotta say out of the box with the PX2370 set to Dynamic (100% brightness) there is less noticeable bleed.

I will post contrast/black depth measurements later and calibrated settings if any one is interested.

You have to get lucky with clouding and backlight bleed. It sucks, but its true. Two of the same screens could have totally different amounts of clouding.

As for edge and corner flashlighting/bleed its usually because the bezel is pressing on the screen too hard. I remember reading on avsforum that some with HDTV's actually went as far as to loosen the screws in back of the television on the spots that were effected. :rolleyes:

And sure, post the calibration and the ICC, being a LED backlit screen there shouldn't be much color variation between screens.

P.S. Do the contrast measurement and calibration with Dynamic off, you can turn it back on later(if you leave it on, it will mess up the calibration).

Yah I know to turn Dynamic off. Going to set the screen to 120cdm/2 in Movie Mode and compare it with the F2380MX after calibration.

Just playing Bad Company 2 to compare the motion blur Vs the MX for now. I tried the Alan Wake Brightness Falls video "Oh Dear," with the Dynamic Presets and the PX2370 crushed most of the shadow detail during the last scene of the video. Other wise the Dynamic mode is quite pleasing for BC2 and not overly bright (usually I find it awful).

Last edited:
I finally decided to get a PX2370 from Amazon after reading some posts in this very informative thread. Just got to play with it yesterday, and having done the research, everything is pretty much what I expected. Only two issues bother me enough for me to consider going through the hassle of returning an online purchase.

The image (the lit screen space) seems slightly off centered in relation to the monitor's frame with top/right edges having minute but noticeably larger gaps whereas the left/bottom edges sit flush against the frame. I'm almost certain that it's a build quality issue because the gap space remains when I try to close in on the gap by adjusting the screen position towards it.

And I'm not sure if it's just my VGA connection, but this monitor fails pretty miserably on this white saturation test page (can barely make out the first line), and doesn't look too good on this clock/phase test either (visible horizontal lines).

I actually would like to just keep this otherwise a beautiful monitor if the issue of uneven gaps around the frame is a common one.

It'd be great to hear from you guys (particularly regarding the gaps). Much thanks.

My PX2370 image is pretty dead center but if I had to choose I'd say there's a slightly bigger gap on the right side, top and bottom look identical.

As for white crush I can see all the way up to pattern 253 but 254 isnt visible. Im using the DVI connection on mine so not sure if thats why you're having these issues.

I thought the monitor had a slightly overbright washed out appearance out of the box but this went away after installing QuickGamma, I went through the various calibrations screens and it helped make the colors look deeper / richer.

Along with the observation you made on yours (much thanks for taking the time to do that), I checked out some other monitors, and they all had it pretty much centered or at least not too noticeably off centered to be bothersome.

I'm now waiting for the replacement Amazon has already sent :)

QuickGamma did help a bit & I learned that I can adjust similar settings through Windows 7 and my Catalyst Control Center. But with VGA, this monitor probably has a white level tradeoff with black levels being so outstanding.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

Hi,

I just picked up the Px2370 from Bestbuy and got a great deal! Had a coupon to get a $10 gift card but the coupon wouldn't work so the girl just took off $50 from the price! And it was already priced competively against Neweggs best price.

So far the viewing angle isn't much better than my last TN based Samsung 204B monitor. You notice it even more as the screen is so much more wider than a standard screen. Though it looks beautiful when playing games like aliens vs Predator the dark areas look so much more clearer.

My only big complaint is on the stand. Not because the vertical is not adjustable, but because it wobbles like crazy when typing on the desk. Maybe its because the screen is so light weight but its enough to drive you nuts!

If theres a way to weigh it down somehow maybe that could help it not shake so much. Wish it had standard screen mountings on the back then you could at least install your own stand but its like molded onto the rear of the screen..

Oh well next time...

Wtf? thats crappy..I didnt buy an ext. warranty either, Samsung's warranty is 3 years parts & labor on this particular model but hopefully best buy will help you out...

Not very promising news tho, heck my FW900 CRT lasted 8 years.

Side note: My samsung 204B I mentioned before just had some pixels die in the corner of the screen a year past warranty. Wasn't a bid deal unless you have a little OCD like I do so in my opinion most things you buy will usually break right on time few months after your warranty runs out. Who know why ...

Side note: My samsung 204B I mentioned before just had some pixels die in the corner of the screen a year past warranty. Wasn't a bid deal unless you have a little OCD like I do so in my opinion most things you buy will usually break right on time few months after your warranty runs out. Who know why ...

I've had either good or bad luck then depending on how you look at it. All my displays have broken down 3-6 months before the end of warranty. And since the repair depots were in my city, quick drop off and a few day turn around for free warranty covered repairs.

PX2370 is beatiful,but it is expensive and still TN panel.
I think F2370H (CPVA) is better.

Guyz,
I am having two problems with my PX2370,

1] My monitor is slant on one side! If you look frm backside of the monitor i can clearly see the frame is slant. (can u check and tellme if it happens on urs too?)

2] I have a pretty noticeable gap(black bar) between panel and the bezel on the top left side.... the gap is double to what it's on right side....

There are ppl reporting both the problems on this thread itself and i wonder if they corrected it.

PS: Please check your monitor and post back and yes the base is fitted properly as i have refited almost 5 times now!

Guyz,
I am having two problems with my PX2370,

1] My monitor is slant on one side! If you look frm backside of the monitor i can clearly see the frame is slant. (can u check and tellme if it happens on urs too?)

2] I have a pretty noticeable gap(black bar) between panel and the bezel on the top left side.... the gap is double to what it's on right side....

There are ppl reporting both the problems on this thread itself and i wonder if they corrected it.

PS: Please check your monitor and post back and yes the base is fitted properly as i have refited almost 5 times now!

i heard about the slant. i dont know i read somewhere that it might be better to use a screwdriver instead of your fingers, but make sure it is fitted properly before attempting. as for the gap maybe its normal.

Hey guys, i need you're help!!!! I've got a sammy px2370 and while i'm in the settings menù i can't Find the "game" preset!!!! Can anyone tell me why???

Back