Samsung PX2370

@wagsrules

When you say the colors are popping what settings are you using? Are you using one of the pre-set modes or custom? Also, it's not clear in your post but when you say it has significant off angle white glow I'm assuming you are talking about the 2209wa as that's one of the characteristics of IPS panels?

Having owned both the PX2370 and XL2370 which one would you pick and why? Both seem to be so similar that I think it's going to come down to personal preference and maybe $$.

Off angle viewing used to bother me greatly as I felt it affected immersiveness when gaming, as it had the ability to pull you back to reality so to speak but have since changed my tune and am willing to put up with it for the faster response time and more vibrant colors. I recently picked up an L227WTG as gaming is my main concern but even day to day surfing is a joy. I don't know if it's selective memory or if this unit is indeed better than the first one I owned but the viewing angles definitely seem better this time around. In fact if I wasn't looking for a monitor to double as a console display this is the monitor I would stick with until OLED comes out. This current gen of LCD technology is all about making compromises anyways.

I think I left everything at standard settings. Iused the normal color tone and set brightness at 50. This thing is very bright. The px2370 has some bad off angle white glow. Way worse than the 2209wa. I think this just a product of the viewing angles though. Straight on it was pretty good. The backlight is very uniform. Not as good as the 2209wa but I would call it good.
I don't really think there is much difference in image quality between the px2370 and the xl2370, but the viewing angle seem to be a bit better. I would go for the px2370 over the xl2370. I like the styling better.

I just hooked my xbox up to it and it looks and performs very well.
If you need a fast response and are doing alot of gaming then go with it. I do not game much at all on my pc.
For me I would rather have better viewing angles and color reproduction. I just ordered a dell 2709w for 624+tax shipped from dell. It is a huge bump is size and I don't know if I will like it but I'm going to give it a try. I didn't like the u2410 as its AG coating is way to aggressive giving it a grainy look. PVA panels aren't near as agressive.
Anyway hope I helped.

I have this monitor. I don't have any eyestrain problems with it. Colors really pop on this monitor. The only problem I have with it is I think the stand is too tall. I would like it to sit about an inch or so lower.

I have a dell 2209wa IPS monitor but I wanted the higher resolution and really liked the looks of the px2370. That said I am mostly happy with this monitor but have decided to return it. The vertical viewing angles bother me too much when I have a dark screen image or web page such as this one on the screen. Backlight bleed is very minimal. It does have significant off angle white glow though noticeable with a black image. I think for the same price or cheaper I will get the nec ea231wmi and stick with IPS lcds. I got spoiled with the IPS viewing angles 3 years ago when I got the dell 2007wfp. For most people I'm sure you will be very happy with this monitor. I just don't think it is worth 309 when you can get IPS panels for that nowadays.
Just my thoughts.

Hmm, thanks, the other monitor I'm thinking of buying is Dell 2209wa... it is hard to decide between the two, I never had an IPS before... so, if I use it only from the optimal viewing angle does the Dell have any more advantages? or is the XL2370 a good choice then?
Also i'd like to use it for my xbox 360 too, the Dell doesn't have HDMI, probably it works with a hdmi-dvi cable, but i haven't ever tried that yet... but using as a monitor is first priority.
Eyestrain would be an important factor too, but it looks like they are about the same in that aspect.

Picked one up yesterday and started configuring my games... Seems super wide compared to my wife's 22" widescreen so I measured them.

Her 22" 11.5" tall and 18.5 inches wide.

PX2370 11.25" tall and 20 inches wide.

WTH is up with these aspect ratios?

Too late for me to attempt the simple math, but yeah.. I thought mine looked really wide in comparison. I've got it sitting next to a Samsun 204B. Love that screen. Wish I could have found a 24" for with a 16:10 ratio @ 1920x1200. My 204B actually has a taller vertical resolution than this new screen.

Side my side with my old Samsung, I'm shocked at how much better of a screen the PX2370 really is. Brightness is dead even and color is incredible... and I thought the old screen was awesome.

Picked one up yesterday and started configuring my games... Seems super wide compared to my wife's 22" widescreen so I measured them.

Her 22" 11.5" tall and 18.5 inches wide.

PX2370 11.25" tall and 20 inches wide.

WTH is up with these aspect ratios?

Too late for me to attempt the simple math, but yeah.. I thought mine looked really wide in comparison. I've got it sitting next to a Samsun 204B. Love that screen. Wish I could have found a 24" for with a 16:10 ratio @ 1920x1200. My 204B actually has a taller vertical resolution than this new screen.

Side my side with my old Samsung, I'm shocked at how much better of a screen the PX2370 really is. Brightness is dead even and color is incredible... and I thought the old screen was awesome.

You are probably witnessing the aspect ratio difference betwen a 22" 16:10 @ 1680x1050 vs a widescreen 16:9 @ 1920x1080.

Hmm, thanks, the other monitor I'm thinking of buying is Dell 2209wa... it is hard to decide between the two, I never had an IPS before... so, if I use it only from the optimal viewing angle does the Dell have any more advantages? or is the XL2370 a good choice then?
Also i'd like to use it for my xbox 360 too, the Dell doesn't have HDMI, probably it works with a hdmi-dvi cable, but i haven't ever tried that yet... but using as a monitor is first priority.
Eyestrain would be an important factor too, but it looks like they are about the same in that aspect.

After switching back to the 2209wa I just like it better. The colors are more accurate and the viewing angles are much better. The viewing angles of the px2370 didn't bother me with lighter screens but with black or dark pages like this one the poor viewing angles become more apparent. For a tn it is a good monitor but not worth it to for 300 when you can get the ips ea231wmi for the same price. Just depends what you want to use it for.

Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to read what they have to say as I am trying to make a decision on a 23" monitor.

The DV test is up:

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-8191-36.html

We really liked it, but as @wagsrules said, it's going to be hard for Samsung to shift a lot at the current price. They've made some efforts to compensate for the viewing angle problems inherent with TN displays, but it obviously can't rival an IPS ...

Nice review on DV. It appears The PX2370 is more responsive and has slightly better color reproduction than the XL after calibration. Thinking of replacing my 2233rz with the PX even more now

IPS win, VA lose.

Apple choosed LG display's s-ips for i-pad pannel.
(10% of some i-pad will be supplied samgsung's SP-VA pannel).
In Korea, there are some news that samsung will consider to produce ips pannel like LG.

Nice review on DV. It appears The PX2370 is more responsive and has slightly better color reproduction than the XL after calibration. Thinking of replacing my 2233rz with the PX even more now

I have both monitors, and the XL has better reproduction of colors after calibration, as well as having better contrast. DV seems to agree.

Also, my tests of the responsiveness of these monitors are about 50/50. Sometimes the XL is the winner, others the PX. The XL has slightly less light bleed, too. At least on mine.

Nope here´s the Test and the XL have better values after calibration under level 2 of Delta the PX a little above....

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=721&p1=8191&ma2=36&mo2=589&p2=6587&ph=1

While the XL's colors are more accurate after calibration, the PX is more accurate out of the box for those without the luxury of owning a calibrator. PX also has less input lag and is more responsive.

I would have liked to see more comparisons in the review between the XL and PX as they are in direct competition with eachother. For example I've just come across reports of the PX2370 text being blurrier than the XL2370 which is a HUGE deal if true. Much more so than the negligible differences in contrast and responsiveness.

BigBoss154, since you own both monitors can you shed any light on the differences between both these monitors' ability to handle text?

While the XL's colors are more accurate after calibration, the PX is more accurate out of the box for those without the luxury of owning a calibrator. PX also has less input lag and is more responsive.

I would have liked to see more comparisons in the review between the XL and PX as they are in direct competition with eachother. For example I've just come across reports of the PX2370 text being blurrier than the XL2370 which is a HUGE deal if true. Much more so than the negligible differences in contrast and responsiveness.

BigBoss154, since you own both monitors can you shed any light on the differences between both these monitors' ability to handle text?

Sorry I thought I read better colors after calibration but it is just out of the box settings, which goes against what I was saying before.

Good to know we have two sources to refer to in this case.

I guess the final verdict it comes down to consumers wanting better slightly better contrast/color (after calibration) or responsiveness/input lag (probably negligible difference even in synthetic tests like Big boss says) and better out-of-the box color for their dollar. Also if one is cheaper than the other (XL is 50$ more here) then go with the cheaper model.

After looking at both side-by-side...the XL is the sharper/clearer out of the two. Small difference, of course, but it is noticeable with both next to each other.

I just picked one of these up today and the gamma seems way to bright? Im coming from an FW900 CRT so bare with me lol..

The picture just seems washed out, colors are muted, do you guys use the Nvidia gamma adjustment or some other program to adjust gamma? Right now I have the monitor set at 50 Brightness and 75 Contrast and gamma is on Mode 1 ,videocard adjustments are all defaulted. (gtx 260).

I just picked one of these up today and the gamma seems way to bright? Im coming from an FW900 CRT so bare with me lol..

The picture just seems washed out, colors are muted, do you guys use the Nvidia gamma adjustment or some other program to adjust gamma? Right now I have the monitor set at 50 Brightness and 75 Contrast and gamma is on Mode 1 ,videocard adjustments are all defaulted. (gtx 260).

I found turning down the contrast seemed to help.

Was it worth $309.99 (plus tax and an extended warranty that made it cost nearly $400)? Probably not. Will I keep it instead of returning it for an NEC EA231WMi? Not sure yet. Decisions decisions...

Depends on what you want. If rapid response, low input lag is your goal, TN panels are usually the best for that. If you want better image quality, the best viewing angles, and an awesome ergonomic stand, then the NEC EA231wmi is a pretty good choice.

PS What was the reason for not including vesa mounting on the px2370? Some people like to use monitor arms for their eyefinity setups.

I found turning down the contrast seemed to help.

Thanks yea I ended up turning contrast down when looking at the white saturation test page on http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ ,looks better now but really bummed out how noticable motion blur is on these monitors, Just Cause 2's movement was much more fuid and detailed on the CRT.

EDIT: Ok I disabled the Motion Blur option in JC2 which made things much better, I was under the impression the monitor was causing the blur I was seeing lol.

Last edited:

Hi i own the XL not the PX but this can be helpfull, go to ur nvidia advance video settings and do this...

Select the option Adjust Video Color Settings - With the Nvidia Settings
Then in Advance Tab select Full Dynamic Range 0-255
By doing this ur movies will look natural and good cuz this only affects when you view movies with a video player, so problem with the washed out colors its solved...

You can also select the option Noise Reduction with the Nvidia card to 100% but not with the option Edge Enhancement, the last one let it be managed by the player...

In the XL i have the colors in 45 all 3 of them, Bright 25 with Text 100 with Movies, No Magic Color, Gamma 1, Sharpness 72, Response Time Faster (2nd Level) prevents a lot of ghost almost solve the problem completly, the 3rd step Fastest, contra-produce the effect meaning reverse ghosting is detected and in the manual do not recomend this settings to be use often cuz ur overclocking the pixels panel a lot, Contrast 71 cuz you cant go higher than 73 according to Samsung Color Pro Contrast Adjustment. You can also install Magic Tune to control, without touching the screen buttons, just by software, the bright, contrast, colors of the screen and even has an automatic gamma calibrator, works for Xp and W7 32/64bits
Install the MagicTune and restart Don´t Run the program until you restart otherwise will not work anymore even if you restart after that ...restart first and then double click the blue/yellow icon and the bottom right of the screen, dont close any of them, the other icon controls de gamma...

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/index.idx?pagetype=type

I used this Test ... http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5006/graytest.jpg ... to obtain the most neutral colors possible by obtaining the most accurate gray colors i can get ...

I hope that helps you ...

Last edited:
Hi i own the XL not the PX but this can be helpfull, go to ur nvidia advance video settings and do this...

Select the option Adjust Video Color Settings - With the Nvidia Settings
Then in Advance Tab select Full Dynamic Range 0-255
By doing this ur movies will look natural and good cuz this only affects when you view movies with a video player, so problem with the washed out colors its solved...

You can also select the option Noise Reduction with the Nvidia card to 100% but not with the option Edge Enhancement, the last one let it be managed by the player...

In the XL i have the colors in 45 all 3 of them, Bright 25 with Text 100 with Movies, No Magic Color, Gamma 1, Sharpness 72, Response Time Faster (2nd Level) prevents a lot of ghost almost solve the problem completly, the 3rd step Fastest, contra-produce the effect meaning reverse ghosting is detected and in the manual do not recomend this settings to be use often cuz ur overclocking the pixels panels a lot, Contrast 71 cuz you cant go higher than 73 according to Samsung Color Pro Contrast Adjustment, you can also install Magic Tune to control, without touching the screen buttons, just by software, the bright, contrast, colors of the screen and even has an automatic gamma calibrator, works for Xp and W7 32/64bits
Install the MagicTune and restart Don´t Run the program until you restart otherwise will not work anymore even if you restart after that ...restart first and then double click the blue/yellow icon and the bottom right of the screen, dont close any of them, the other icon controls de gamma...

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/index.idx?pagetype=type

I used this Test ... http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5006/graytest.jpg ... to obtain the most neutral colors possible by obtaining the most accurate gray colors i can get ...

I hope that helps you ...

Thanks for the info :) ive been slowly getting the monitor configured how I want it to look, I just recently realised I had cleartype disabled in Win7 & IE8 (due to CRT) so enabling that helped with text.

Overall im pretty impressed with this LCD I just wish samsung made a slightly bigger LED model, I still have 14 days to decide if Im keeping this one but so far its looking promising.

Im also surprised the backlight bleed on mine is very minimal, there's a small patch of it at the bottom of the screen, right in the middle above the samsung logo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info :) ive been slowly getting the monitor configured how I want it to look, I just recently realised I had cleartype disabled in Win7 & IE8 (due to CRT) so enabling that helped with text.

Overall im pretty impressed with this LCD I just wish samsung made a slightly bigger LED model, I still have 14 days to decide if Im keeping this one but so far its looking promising.

Im also surprised the backlight bleed on mine is very minimal, there's a small patch of it at the bottom of the screen, right in the middle above the samsung logo.

If you want a bigger model there´s a new one the LED BX2440X from Samsung and have 24 inches, its a TN panel also but you have the possibility to adjust the Height, pivots, tilt but its only 5ms in response time so i dunno how it behaves yet, cuz there are not reviews...

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/.../LS24CBUAFY/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail#

Last edited:
I bought a Samsung PX2370 a few days ago and I'm quite disappointed with the overall quality of this monitor. The image quality is quite good although the black levels could be better but my main gripe is with the stand. After trying to assemble this many times, the monitor always ended up slightly tilted to one side. Did you guys have any difficulties with the stand or is it just me?

I have the option to exchange this for a XL2370. I will definitely do so if it is built better than the PX2370. Should I get the XL2370 or is the stand for that more or less the same?

No problems with my stand. Straight and level. Actually, though lacking in adjustments, this PX2370 stand is one of the more attractive stands I have seen.

I havent had any issues with the stand, other than not being able to adjust it lol.

So I installed the latest Quickgamma and was able to get the colors & gamma looking a lot nicer on this monitor.(It looked a little washed out before using quickgamma)

First off I have the color settings all Defaulted in Nvidia control panel.

On the monitor I have the following set:

Brightness: MagicLux set on medium sensitivity

Contrast: 36

Sharpness: 56

MagicBright: Off

MagicColor: Off

Color Tone: Warm

Gamma: Mode1

And in QuickGamma I have it set:

Red: 1.53
Green: 1.56
Blue: 1.74

Let me know how it looks if anyone cares to try it. Im able to see all the test patterns on the black level test and up to box 253 on the white saturation test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure mine is defective. However, I do like the fact that the XL2370 allows you to assemble the stand by itself before attaching the monitor. That said, I really prefer the styling of this monitor and I was able to position it perfectly on my desk.

I'm still debating between this and the XL2370. The latter will cost me $30 more but from what I've gathered, the XL2370 has a better image both before and after calibration.

For those that were comparing the two, why did you get the PX2370?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure mine is defective. However, I do like the fact that the XL2370 allows you to assemble the stand by itself before attaching the monitor. That said, I really prefer the styling of this monitor and I was able to position it perfectly on my desk.

I'm still debating between this and the XL2370. The latter will cost me $30 more but from what I've gathered, the XL2370 has a better image both before and after calibration.

I only bought the PX because I couldnt find any local stores that carried the XL, I was told the PX is the replacement model and that the XL wasnt being made anymore? (tons of stock in town on the PX).

Newegg carries the XL but I hate gambling with buying monitors online.. such a hassle if something goes wrong (dead pixels etc.)

If you want a direct comparison of PX / XL try digitalversus: http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=589&p1=6587&ma2=36&ph=8

It looks like the XL does have slightly better contrast and black levels...along with better color accuracy..

Maybe I should return this one and buy the XL from newegg after all.... Although im not a fan of the XL's styling and I heard the power button is a pain to access (its not on the front of the monitor like the PX).

Last edited:
I only bought the PX because I couldnt find any local stores that carried the XL, I was told the PX is the replacement model and that the XL wasnt being made anymore? (tons of stock in town on the PX).

Newegg carries the XL but I hate gambling with buying monitors online.. such a hassle if something goes wrong (dead pixels etc.)

If you want a direct comparison of PX / XL try digitalversus: http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=589&p1=6587&ma2=36&ph=8

It looks like the XL does have slightly better contrast and black levels...along with better color accuracy..

Maybe I should return this one and buy the XL from newegg after all.... Although im not a fan of the XL's styling and I heard the power button is a pain to access (its not on the front of the monitor like the PX).
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/premium/LS23EFPKFKD/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=gallery

The power button is located on the bottom right corner and shouldn't be hard to access. I have seen both monitors side by side and in terms of design, the PX looks better and the panel actually looks bigger.

The most important fact however is the image quality and even though the PX is the replacement, it isn't as good as the XL in this aspect. In terms of availability, the XL is much harder to find and there are very few left at the electronic stores in my area.

If you're having second thoughts then you should return your PX and get the XL. Based on what I've read so far, it's easily the best TN LED backlit monitor on the market right now.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/premium/LS23EFPKFKD/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=gallery

The power button is located on the bottom right corner and shouldn't be hard to access. I have seen both monitors side by side and in terms of design, the PX looks better and the panel actually looks bigger.

The most important fact however is the image quality and even though the PX is the replacement, it isn't as good as the XL in this aspect. In terms of availability, the XL is much harder to find and there are very few left at the electronic stores in my area.

If you're having second thoughts then you should return your PX and get the XL. Based on what I've read so far, it's easily the best TN LED backlit monitor on the market right now.

I was looking at newegg's return policy and it looks like they're pretty strict, no refunds, they'll only replace the monitor if its defective.... I downloaded the XL's manual and noticed its missing the MagicLux feature which I actually like and currently have enabled on this PX.

But as mentioned overall image quality is what matters the most.

Decisions, decisions....

Last edited:

Availability.

I could walk into BB and walk out with the PX2370. If I wanted to return it, no money lost.

Nice to see the Cnet review confirming my feelings about it, though I prefer the square corners on the PX2370 and it having no colored crystals.

As for lack of brightness compared to the XL2370, mentioned in the Cnet review...the PX2370 will burn your eyes out compared to most non-LED screens. I can't say how it compares though to the XL2370.

Its a crappy stand for sure. I needed the screen to tilt down since my new desk has the monitor just slightly above my head, so I found an old angled foam mousepad that was being tossed out at the office, and cut it to the right angle facing down I wanted. Being on a raised foam pad makes it a bit more unstable on the stand, but heavy duty Velcro fixed that.

My g25 driving wheel makes everything on my desk move when I crash. Less crashing means less knocked over desk items =)

I bought a Samsung PX2370 a few days ago and I'm quite disappointed with the overall quality of this monitor. The image quality is quite good although the black levels could be better but my main gripe is with the stand. After trying to assemble this many times, the monitor always ended up slightly tilted to one side. Did you guys have any difficulties with the stand or is it just me?

I have the option to exchange this for a XL2370. I will definitely do so if it is built better than the PX2370. Should I get the XL2370 or is the stand for that more or less the same?

Mine is tilted a bit to one side too.

Last edited:
Samsung PX2370 Mini Review

PX2370_large08.jpg

Pros:
  • Color accuracy is quite nice out of the box.
  • Almost no backlight bleed when viewing head on. - It gets a little worse when viewing off angle but not too bad.
  • Input lag varies from 16 to 33ms when tested against a CRT(Philips 107S1). - Most of the time it comes in at 16.
  • No Ghosting or Inverse Ghosting visible.
  • No dead pixels on both of the screens I purchased.

Cons:
  • The stand SUCKS! - The only thing it does is tilt backwards about 15 degrees.
  • No VESA mount option.
  • The entire monitor is a Fingerprint, dust and scratch magnet.
  • Changing the Gamma to anything but 'Mode 1' resulted in color banding when viewing gradients.

Other Thoughts:
  • Buttons are hard to press and located on the back of the monitor. - Pressing them leaves fingerprints on the front because you need to use your thumb to keep the monitor steady.
  • The white Glowing power button on the center bottom of the screen cannot be turned off. - It's not too bright, but still.
  • Some minor White Crush. - 251 to 254 is bad and 253 & 254 blends completely into the background white(255).
  • Low Blacks look good running at 200cd/m2 - I can see all of them(if their crushed or not? *shrugs*).
  • The PX2370 also has a Response Time setting which lets you choose how high you want to overdrive the pixels (Normal, Faster or Fastest).

Hope this helps, I'm not recommending the monitor, those are just my thoughts after owning it for 2 days. :)

-Quad

Samsung PX2370 Mini Review

PX2370_large08.jpg

Pros:
  • Color accuracy is quite nice out of the box.
  • Almost no backlight bleed when viewing head on. - It gets a little worse when viewing off angle but not too bad.
  • Input lag varies from 16 to 33ms when tested against a CRT(Philips 107S1). - Most of the time it comes in at 16.
  • No Ghosting or Inverse Ghosting visible.
  • No dead pixels on both of the screens I purchased.

Cons:
  • The stand SUCKS! - The only thing it does is tilt backwards about 15 degrees.
  • No VESA mount option.
  • The entire monitor is a Fingerprint, dust and scratch magnet.
  • Changing the Gamma to anything but 'Mode 1' resulted in color banding when viewing gradients.

Other Thoughts:
  • Buttons are hard to press and located on the back of the monitor. - Pressing them leaves fingerprints on the front because you need to use your thumb to keep the monitor steady.
  • The white Glowing power button on the center bottom of the screen cannot be turned off. - It's not too bright, but still.
  • Some minor White Crush. - 251 to 254 is bad and 253 & 254 blends completely into the background white(255).
  • Low Blacks look good running at 200cd/m2 - I can see all of them(if their crushed or not? *shrugs*).
  • The PX2370 also has a Response Time setting which lets you choose how high you want to overdrive the pixels (Normal, Faster or Fastest).

Hope this helps, I'm not recommending the monitor, those are just my thoughts after owning it for 2 days. :)

-Quad

Not sure if you're input lag testing method is flawed but the digital versus review shows the monitor only Averaging 3ms input lag vs. a CRT.

3ms seems more like it because I cant feel any lag on mine and Ive been using a CRT for many years (ive only had this LCD for 1 1/2 weeks).

I'm running a millisecond stopwatch (this one - http://tft.vanity.dk/inputlag.html) and using clone mode on my 8800 GTS 512 (G92 Core). Then to test the input lag I take a still shot with a Sony Cybershot W100.

Also in order to overdrive a LCD display you need to delay 1-2 frames in order to perform the calculations necessary to over volt(overdrive) the pixels. The 16ms lag kinda makes sense assuming the 'Response Time' setting actually controls the overdrive.

I doubt you would be able to feel 16ms of lag (1 frame behind). But like you said my test could be flawed. Why not take out your old CRT and run your own test? :p.

Last edited:
I'm running a millisecond stopwatch (this one - http://tft.vanity.dk/inputlag.html) and using clone mode on my 8800 GTS 512 (G92 Core). Then to test the input lag I take a still shot with a Sony Cybershot W100

Also in order to overdrive a LCD display you need to delay 1-2 frames in order to perform the calculations necessary to over volt(overdrive) the pixels. The 16ms lag kinda makes sense assuming the 'Response Time' setting actually controls the overdrive.

I doubt you would be able to feel 16ms of lag (1 frame behind). But like you said my test could be flawed. Why not take out your old CRT and run your own test? :p.

My CRT died which is why I bought this LCD, But I plan on having the CRT repaired hopefully soon.

Guess what guys.
My 2370 quit working this morning.
Shut off right in the middle of a game.
No screen,no flashing blue led...dead as a doornail :(
Tried unplugging the psu for a 1/2 hour but it did not work.
V.card is ok (works with my old lcd) and will beep when you plug in the dvi cable (just no screen).

18 day's into my B.Buy purchase and no ext.warrenty.:mad:
I had BIG problems with a Samsung 46 HDTV and was a bit gun shy of buying
another Samsung product...Should have gone with my gut feeling and went with another brand.
Guess I am off to battle with best buys return dept...Any tips?:p

Back