Samsung PX2370

Picked up a PX2370 at BB on Saturday. Wasn't displaying the best color range at the store, but the LED and Samsung brand sold me (also hoping this is an XL2370 replacement).

I was also looking at the HP zr24w, which we are just getting in at the office.

Coming from a Samsung 172x, which is still in fine condition, just small at 17".

Pros of the HP zr24w:
S-IPS, which means excellent color and view angles. Amazing uniformity. There was a slight blackbleed near the bottom right corner. Ghosting is minimal, but no worse than my 12ms Samsung 172x. Contrast testing doesn't seem all that overwhelming but when loading TF2, the white lettering really pops! More so than the PX2370, which has some amazing contrast. I believe the zr24w is better because it is truly rendering 8-bit colors. Screen is rotatable.

Cons of the HP zr24w:
Brightness is sufficent, but only at 80/100 brightness and 95/100 contrast. Knowing how non-LED backlighting fades overtime, this was a concern. Pricing is much higher than the PX2370 ($425 vs $309...there an additional $27 shipping for the HP in my case as well). Ghosting was much more apparent than the PX2370. Some people might not like the anti-glare coating which appear as a sheen when viewing off-center. Not a problem for me.

Pros of the PX2370:
LED, this thing is bright! I'm running it at 56/100 brightness and 54/100 contrast. I don't believe LEDs fade overtime like non-LED screens do. Happy with the colors but does take a lot of fussing. Blues appear too dark and lean toward purple, and I can't seem to fix this, but they aren't distracting to me. Pricing is good for a LED screen, though there are cheaper ones. When playing games they seems to pop out at you. Not sure why yet, but something about the brightness of the screen grabs you. I can only best describe it as feeling like you can reach into the game world. The zr24w didn't have this feeling. The PX2370 housing is a beautiful! Very good menu options and laid out well. Resfresh rate is excellent. Amazing difference between the zr24w (5ms gtg) and this (2ms gtg). Wouldn't have believed it without experiencing it. It was so fast on the PX2370 that at first it felt like the screen was "choppy". I was used to thing blurring/ghosting a bit on the 172x so it felt smoother. Now the PX2370 feels "right".

Cons of the PX2370:
TN screen, which has terrible vertical off-center viewing.
This will sound contradictory, but everyone who first sees the screen finds the colors lacking punch. However, all testing I could do showed the colors are excellent and I believe that the brightness of the screen overwhelms the colors and makes them feel lackluster. However, after going between the 172x, zr24w and the PX2370, I honestly believe the PX2370 is very good in color reproduction. Until someone truly tests this with electronic calibration tools I won't truly know. Small negative...this thing is a dust magnet. The glass like housing shows the dust well. Menu buttons are difficult to use. Blackbleed all over. Non-uniformed backlighting. If this bugs you, it is serious. It doesn't bother me, which actually surpises me.

Other points:
The screens are the same size in width. The difference between 24" and 23" is the vertical, which allows the HP to be a 1920x1200 vs. the 1920x1080 for the Samsung. I was a true believer in 16:10 being the better route to go because of the larger number of pixels. However, for gaming the 16:9 feels much more movie-like. It does a better job of immersion. Yes, this doesn't make sense, but it is true subjectively to both me and my wife. I felt like I was there inside TF2, and in LOTRO you feel wrapped by the visuals. The zr24w was excellent but you always felt the game was on a screen in front of you, just a big screen. Part of this might be how the images seemed to pop out at you on the PX2370, but I think it has something to do with the screen feeling wider than it is due to the shorter height.

I haven't made a final decision to be honest (have 14 days to decide with BB return policy), but am heavily leaning toward the PX2370 for home use, which is mainly for gaming. I would HIGHLY recommend the zr24w for office work and photoshop, with the small problem of the right corner backbleed.

After running the PX2370 for a day I was ready to return it. However, after playing for more than an hour on the zr24w, and going back to the PX2370 (driving between home and offic and back), I'm very much sold on the PX2370 for home use, but would take the zr24w for the office over the PX2370 in a heartbeat!

Ran both monitors on DVI, but not side by side.

Thanks so much for the detailed post!

I was just about to pick up the PX2370 from BB, but if the black bleed is really that bad I will have to start over looking again. :(

Do you know of a nice monitor similar to the PX2370 (2 or 5ms response time, LED, nice contrast, 1920x1080) w/o the backlight bleeding?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the detailed post!

I was just about to pick up the PX2370 from BB, but if the black bleed is really that bad I will have to start over looking again. :(

Do you know of a nice monitor similar to the PX2370 (2 or 5ms response time, LED, nice contrast, 1920x1080) w/o the backlight bleeding?

Thanks again!

There was a new LG monitor in BB with similar specs.

As for the back bleed, I recommend heading to BB and select the second menu button from the bottom. It will attempt to find another source. The screen will be on but black.

Just came back from work, using a Gateway LCD (sorry, forget the model...but they are very nice) there and this PX2370 really pops. It is just so bright, I love it. I believe it greatly minimizes the apparent back bleed since the whites are very bright. Blacks appear darker than they probably are.

Anyway, I wouldn't remove the PX2370 too quickly from your list, but understand how we all like different things.

As for the back bleed, I recommend heading to BB and select the second menu button from the bottom. It will attempt to find another source. The screen will be on but black.

I wanted to do that! Unfortunately they didn't have the PX2370 on display. :(

Anyway despite the backlight bleeding reviews, since I had already waited a month, yesterday I decided to go in and pick up the PX2370 to see it with my own eyes. Well, I wanted to plug one in before I actually took it home but they couldn't do that, so I just bought it and plan to return it sometime this week.

Here are the issues I found with it...

Backlight bleed
I am super anal about backlight bleeding, so I was curious about this. After I brought it home and set it up, I was surprised that it wasn't actually that bad. There was some blueish bleed in the bottom right corner but I was expecting much worse... maybe 2" white bleed on every edge or something crazy like that. It was less noticeable with the contrast/brightness jacked way up (on the dynamic setting) but I think that was probably because the black was kind of hard to see with the white so deer-in-headlights crazy bright. The dark blueness was more prominent if I sat up straight and moved my face closer to the middle of the screen (which I rarely do, but whatever.)

I drew this in photoshop to illustrate what I saw:
px2370black.png

(Shrunk to 800 x 450)

Color uniformity
This is probably characteristic all LED/TN panels, but it was more of a dealbreaker to me than the backlight bleeding... a learning experience, too since I had never used a backlit LED before. When I sat there head on, the colors seemed okay, except towards the bottom 1/3 of the screen, they seemed to be a little blown out (light gray especially) white had a somewhat turquoise color. Gray/black was noticeably darker in the top 1/5th or so of the screen. I didn't see these issues at all with the Dell 1905FP. THEN if I moved my head by 4-6 inches to the left or right, white seemed to turn a little bit pinkish on the opposite side of the screen that I moved my head toward, and slightly more turquoisey on the top/bottom of the screen. I tried messing with the color settings for a while but nothing seemed to fix this.

Another quick drawing to illustrate this:
px2370white.png

(Shrunk to 800 x 450)

Black value
I set up my Dell 1905FP right next to the PX2370, turned off all of my lights and let the "Flurry" Mac OS screensaver run on both monitors. My mind exploded after seeing how similar the black value was on both of them. I tried with the dynamic setting and without the dynamic setting, and they were still really close. You'd think "5,000,000:1" and 800:1 would look INSANELY different... but wow they were close. I dunno where they get that 5m:1 number, but maybe it means "5m:1 for white, 1000:1 for black" because damn, to me that's what it seemed like.

I really wanted to keep the PX2370 though! I wanted to pretend I didn't notice these things because otherwise it's a pretty sweet monitor, but I DID notice them and they really bug me... haha. :( So I decided to box it back up, and will probably try out a Dell U2410 instead.

Last edited:
You'd think "5,000,000:1" and 800:1 would look INSANELY different... but wow they were close. I dunno where they get that 5m:1 number, but maybe it means "5m:1 for white, 1000:1 for black" because damn, to me that's what it seemed like.

That's Dynamic Contrast, as in BS marketing since you rarely reach that value.

taberr, since you have the monitor, try going to http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/all_tests.php.

Against the HP zr24w it did quite well on these tests (of course the TN failed on the view angle tests). The only color test it didn't do that well on with the gradient banding and gamma (yet learned how to set that well yet). It wasn't terrible on the gamma test but it is definitely not a zr24w nor 172x. However, there is a contrast ratio test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast_ratio.php that neither the zr24w nor the 172x would match. BTW, I don't use the Dynamic Contrast ratio. It's a bunch of BS unless you have a LED array behind the LCD (even then it is questionable). The PX2370 uses LED on the edges and a defusser.

It's funny but your back bleed is different from mine (mine is top and bottom with a bit in the middle) but no worse than your illustration overall. It is definitely a subjective thing.

Color uniformity
This is probably characteristic all LED/TN panels, but it was more of a dealbreaker to me than the backlight bleeding... a learning experience, too since I had never used a backlit LED before. When I sat there head on, the colors seemed okay, except towards the bottom 1/3 of the screen, they seemed to be a little blown out (light gray especially) white had a somewhat turquoise color. Gray/black was noticeably darker in the top 1/5th or so of the screen. I didn't see these issues at all with the Dell 1905FP. THEN if I moved my head by 4-6 inches to the left or right, white seemed to turn a little bit pinkish on the opposite side of the screen that I moved my head toward, and slightly more turquoisey on the top/bottom of the screen. I tried messing with the color settings for a while but nothing seemed to fix this.

This is a TN thing, not a LED one. Though some TNs seem better in this regard than others. Make sure too that the "MagicAngle" is set to something weird. IPS screens will suit you better in this regard. The HP zr24w was excellent in this area.

Hot off the presses...digitalversus just tested the PX2370 and it's got even less input lag than the XL2370 at 3 ms! I can't wait to read their write up to see what they have to say about it. Also, what's going on with prad.de? They are really slow with their reviews and they haven't even tested the XL2370 yet! Their reviews are pretty thorough but perhaps they should think about hiring more staff or something. Anyways, without further ado...

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=589&p1=6587&ma2=36&mo2=711&p2=8105&ph=14

PX2370 seems to 100:1 less contrast@200 nits and slightly worse motion vs the XL2370 according to DV.

I hate that DV is now only testing at 200cmd/2 for brightness, as that murders the black level. Should be using 100-120.

Last edited:
Just picked up PX2370 from BB also, they didnt even know they had them lol, upgrading from Samsung 226BW. The first thing i noticed was this monitor showed amazing color (100% from i think 85% on the old one) and was very bright.
Everything is great on this monitor except as some people have said it does have some backlight bleed but it doesnt bother me too much. What does bother me is that the black level is not as black as i wanted it to be, is it me or 1000:1 CR not enough for deep blacks. Can someone tell me if there are monitors that have perfect black level? (i have a zuneHD and it seems to have perfect black level but its a OLED)

Samsung F2380 is THE only monitor to feature deep blacks under 0.10cmd/2 next to an unobtainable Ezio monitor.

Honestly the 226BW should have the similar performance as the PX2370. Not much has changed in monitor quality.

Turn the brightness down to 50 and watch a widescreen movie, the bleed should be considerably toned down.

Samsung f2380 is only 240$, you may want to consider it if the back light bleed is a huge problem. It has 3x the contrast ratio and 0.03-0.07 cmd/2 for black value vs the PX2370 at 0.23cm/d2. I was hoping I would get a response from those with PX2370's about the backlight bleed with brightness set to 50% as that should half the black level down to 0.11cmd/2 which I would consider excellent if the contrast ratio remains stable and the bleed is no longer noticeable.

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=571&p1=6293&ma2=36&mo2=711&p2=8105&ph=1

Samsung F2380 looks good but its more for still images rather than all around, the backlight bleed is only visible if the screen is completely black which doesnt happen too much, and i got the px2370 for $320 in BB so i think i made the right choice, if not then someone pls tell me

I have the F2380 and use it for all my PS3/360 gaming and movies..I was just interested in the PX2370 sense my 2233rz (2ndary monitor for internet/PC games) has pretty bad bleed and I have a Futureshop warranty, they no longer carry the 2233rz so I was looking at the PX as a replacement.

The f2380 destroys pretty much any monitor and even most tv's on the market in terms of black depth and PQ once calibrated. Also it is only 240$. If you plan on lots of movie watching the F2380 is the best monitor for dark enviroments,

According to Digitalverus and Cnet the XL2370 is superior to the PX2370 prdt101, so maybe exchange your PX for the XL, also it is only 300$ at BB in the states.

where is the proximity sensor for my monitor stopped twice while I was in front of the monitor? In the setting, I entered 4 hours to stop the monitor.

I have the F2380 and use it for all my PS3/360 gaming and movies..I was just interested in the PX2370 sense my 2233rz (2ndary monitor for internet/PC games) has pretty bad bleed and I have a Futureshop warranty, they no longer carry the 2233rz so I was looking at the PX as a replacement.

The f2380 destroys pretty much any monitor and even most tv's on the market in terms of black depth and PQ once calibrated. Also it is only 240$. If you plan on lots of movie watching the F2380 is the best monitor for dark enviroments,

According to Digitalverus and Cnet the XL2370 is superior to the PX2370 prdt101, so maybe exchange your PX for the XL, also it is only 300$ at BB in the states.

Where does Cnet say the XL2370 is superior? I don't see it. In fact I don't see any reviews of the PX2370 any where yet. Also, the PX2370 appears to compare well on DV and in many places is better than the XL2370.

If anything, the DV shows to me that the PX2370 is an excellent TN monitor.

Cnet's Contrast measurements of the XL2370 as well as Digitalversus are higher than that of the PX2370. Also if you look at the Best Gaming Result on DV, it is clear the XL is better than the PX, also the XL has better color accuracy.

Not saying either is source is 100% correct. Flat panels HD measured the XL2370 with a contrast ratio under 700:1 with a mediocre black level of .024cmd/2 and major clouding issues at medium luminance (160cmd/2) to go with it.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1265026060

I take Cnet's ratings with a grain of salt, as there have been many occurrence where multiple review sites who provide much more thorough reviews come up with similar measurements that are completely different than Cnets.

I have the X-Rite Eye One Display 2, tempted to just go and try out both the PX/XL's myself. Don't want to be buying/returning monitors consistently though, people may catch on

Last edited:
i work next to BB so ill go there tomorrow to see if they have px2370 and xl2370...maybe see if they can put them side by side lol so i can see the difference, honestly i dont think i will see to much difference because performance wise they seem same, only difference is the black lvl and as far as i can see everone has their own thoughts about which one is better, for color px2370 is amazing for photo editing and digital art and other stuff so im not really worried about that... again waiting for OLED then the whole game willl change :)

Cnet's Contrast measurements of the XL2370 as well as Digitalversus are higher than that of the PX2370. Also if you look at the Best Gaming Result on DV, it is clear the XL is better than the PX, also the XL has better color accuracy.

Not saying either is source is 100% correct. Flat panels HD measured the XL2370 with a contrast ratio under 700:1 with a mediocre black level of .024cmd/2 and major clouding issues at medium luminance (160cmd/2) to go with it.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1265026060

I take Cnet's ratings with a grain of salt, as there have been many occurrence where multiple review sites who provide much more thorough reviews come up with similar measurements that are completely different than Cnets.

I have the X-Rite Eye One Display 2, tempted to just go and try out both the PX/XL's myself. Don't want to be buying/returning monitors consistently though, people may catch on

Cnet does not have a review of the PX2370. They do review the P2370 (missing 'X'), which is a different monitor/tv. If you know otherwise, please provide the link.

On DV the XL2370 does beat the PX2370 in some areas, however in most of those areas DV says the scores of the PX2370 are either very good/excellent/perfect. The XL2370 does do better in those areas but that is only saying they are both perfect and one is more perfect. Remember, stats are nice, but when you can't tell the different between two numbers, then there really isn't a difference to you.

Overall, IMO you can't go wrong picking up either an PX2370 or XL2370. Not saying there aren't better monitors out there, but unless 120hz or having a non-TN panel is a big deal to you, you will probably be happy with these two.

If you have one and think you should return it for the other, I don't see any reason based on DV to do that at this time.

i work next to BB so ill go there tomorrow to see if they have px2370 and xl2370...maybe see if they can put them side by side lol so i can see the difference, honestly i dont think i will see to much difference because performance wise they seem same, only difference is the black lvl and as far as i can see everone has their own thoughts about which one is better, for color px2370 is amazing for photo editing and digital art and other stuff so im not really worried about that... again waiting for OLED then the whole game willl change :)

Though I am happy with my PX2370 so far, I would go with the HP zr24w for photo editing and office work (which I have worked with). TN panels just don't compare to IPS for color reproduction.

I went with the PX2370 for the price, LED and for gaming. The HP zr24w does well in gaming, but it isn't as good IMO and wasn't worth the $100-$150 price difference for this purpose.

This isn't to say the PX2370 is shabby when it comes to colors, but 6-bit and TN poor view angles aren't photo-editing bliss.

Cnet does not have a review of the PX2370. They do review the P2370 (missing 'X'), which is a different monitor/tv. If you know otherwise, please provide the link.

On DV the XL2370 does beat the PX2370 in some areas, however in most of those areas DV says the scores of the PX2370 are either very good/excellent/perfect. The XL2370 does do better in those areas but that is only saying they are both perfect and one is more perfect. Remember, stats are nice, but when you can't tell the different between two numbers, then there really isn't a difference to you.

Overall, IMO you can't go wrong picking up either an PX2370 or XL2370. Not saying there aren't better monitors out there, but unless 120hz or having a non-TN panel is a big deal to you, you will probably be happy with these two.

If you have one and think you should return it for the other, I don't see any reason based on DV to do that at this time.

Sorry, I should have worded my post better, I meant Cnet measured the XL's contrast ratio and confirmed it to be high just like DV. Not Cnet did both the XL/PX.

The differences between the two are minute as you say, and both yield excellent results for a TN panel. If I were selling them based on things so far I would tell customers to go with the XL2370 over the PX2370 as they are the same price currently.
Now if the XL cost 50$ more I would say go with the PX and don't look back.

I wanted to return my 2233rz due to back light bleed with my Future Shop warranty, but they no longer carry the 2233rz so I would have to excahange it for the PX. I think I may just go through Samsung instead and hope the next one isn't as bad. Not sure if I want to loose the 120hz ability.

Well, I went by my local Best Buy a couple days ago and sure enough they had the PX2370 in stock. Amazing, since no online stores have it listed yet.

Very happy with the monitor so far. I'd much rather have this than the IPS alternatives because I'm not doing high-end photography, the performance is very good, it takes up less space on my small desk, it consumes a lot less energy with the LED panel, it costs less and it just looks good. Only small niggles are the minor backlight bleed on black and the glossy bezel can reflect some glare if there is a bright light source facing the monitor.

If I ever decide to upgrade this one in the future, I can use it as my TV.

what about eyestrain for longer use? i read in some boards that the mac/dell, and some other led screens are very bad, after 10 mins, or in a few hours... they cause heavy eyestrain, and even motion sickness, headaches... is there anyone who already had problems with XL2370/PX2370? or are they good(or maybe even better than a ccfl?) for long time working/gaming on the monitor?

Just bought this from b.buy "on sale" this weekend.
Played borderlands for 5 hrs. with zero eye strain ( and I have bad eyesight).

I got one of these for my wife, and I compared it directly to my XL2370 (After calibration). They...look basically the same. In fact, I think I prefer the XL as it has brighter, and slightly more vivid colors. That's the only difference I can see.

Nice some one with a calibration unit! Same results as digital verus too!

How is the back light bleed during a widescreen movie or all black screen with the lights off? Who is the victor, the XL or PX?

Nice some one with a calibration unit! Same results as digital verus too!

How is the back light bleed during a widescreen movie or all black screen with the lights off? Who is the victor, the XL or PX?

The backlight bleed is the same as my XL; minimal amount.

Overall, I'd say the XL is the winner. Better looks, touch screen buttons, with superior contrast ratio and color reproduction, and is slightly more responsive.

Last edited:
Do you have an actualy measurement for the contrast you could post? Currently DV and Cnet have the XL @ around 1000:1 (0.10cmd/2@100nits) which is excellent, but Xbitlabs and Flant panels HD measure the XL around 700:1 with a disapointing black value of 0.24cmd/2@130 nits

A 5th source would be great, evenif you are only using basic programs like Eye one Match.

Thanks!

Do you have an actualy measurement for the contrast you could post? Currently DV and Cnet have the XL @ around 1000:1 (0.10cmd/2@100nits) which is excellent, but Xbitlabs and Flant panels HD measure the XL around 700:1 with a disapointing black value of 0.24cmd/2@130 nits

A 5th source would be great, evenif you are only using basic programs like Eye one Match.

Thanks!

My measurements for the XL was about...950? And the PX was about 890. I did these measurements yesterday, so I don't have the exact results. But I'm sure those are right. Not sure where that 700:1 from Xbit came from. :/

If you don't consider yourself a hardcore gamer and/or photo-manipulator extraordinaire - do you think this monitor works for Photoshop/Illustrator & basic Web development or video work?

It's utterly impossible to decipher posts on forums because of so many differing views - all seemingly very valid :)

...basically, I'm trying to figure out if those posting here are the elite - I don't know the specs I just need something that works well with my programs like Photoshop & designing websites, etc.

This monitor looked amazing compared to the others at Best Buy looking straight ahead at the wall of monitors ... even from 4 or 3 or 4 feet to the left of it...

Thanks

TN panels are unsuitable for photo shop. What you want is the Dell 2209wa which can be had for 100$ less than the XL/PX series which are aimed at gamers only. The HP Zr24W or the 22 inch version would also be suitable.

If you don't consider yourself a hardcore gamer and/or photo-manipulator extraordinaire - do you think this monitor works for Photoshop/Illustrator & basic Web development or video work?

It's utterly impossible to decipher posts on forums because of so many differing views - all seemingly very valid :)

...basically, I'm trying to figure out if those posting here are the elite - I don't know the specs I just need something that works well with my programs like Photoshop & designing websites, etc.

This monitor looked amazing compared to the others at Best Buy looking straight ahead at the wall of monitors ... even from 4 or 3 or 4 feet to the left of it...

Thanks

You'll be fine with the PX2370 for Photoshop and web design. I'm a professional web developer and this monitor is perfectly suitable for me. The thing to remember as a web developer is that everyone else who is viewing your websites is using a different monitor (and probably not a high-end IPS monitor at that) so you are never going to get the colors just right.

If you plan on doing high-end photography or design work that requires color calibration for perfect prints, then get an IPS monitor.

If you plan on doing high-end photography or design work that requires color calibration for perfect prints, then get an IPS monitor.

Couldn't agree more: it all depends on what you want to use the monitor for matius. This one will be fine for working with Photoshop, Illustrator and other online design. For a TN monitor, it does have excellent colours, but if you are doing professional design for print, then you need to think about a lot of other things (who's going to print the work, what process is going to be used, how you're going to calibrate everything, etc.) For basic stuff at home, though, then you won't have any problems.

And as smoddperu pointed out, the full DV test is coming on Monday:
http://www.digitalversus.com/this-w...fives-ipad-launch-px2370-soon-news-13503.html

Last edited:
so nobody had any eyestrain problems with this monitor? (or with the XL2370)
there are many boards and users saying that led is very bad for their eyes, much worse than normal lcd, but i haven't read that anyone writes about Samsung, only other manufacturers...
i'm thinking of buying this monitor, if there are no eyestrain problems with it should be very good...

so nobody had any eyestrain problems with this monitor? (or with the XL2370)
there are many boards and users saying that led is very bad for their eyes, much worse than normal lcd, but i haven't read that anyone writes about Samsung, only other manufacturers...
i'm thinking of buying this monitor, if there are no eyestrain problems with it should be very good...
I have this monitor. I don't have any eyestrain problems with it. Colors really pop on this monitor. The only problem I have with it is I think the stand is too tall. I would like it to sit about an inch or so lower.

I have a dell 2209wa IPS monitor but I wanted the higher resolution and really liked the looks of the px2370. That said I am mostly happy with this monitor but have decided to return it. The vertical viewing angles bother me too much when I have a dark screen image or web page such as this one on the screen. Backlight bleed is very minimal. It does have significant off angle white glow though noticeable with a black image. I think for the same price or cheaper I will get the nec ea231wmi and stick with IPS lcds. I got spoiled with the IPS viewing angles 3 years ago when I got the dell 2007wfp. For most people I'm sure you will be very happy with this monitor. I just don't think it is worth 309 when you can get IPS panels for that nowadays.
Just my thoughts.

@wagsrules

When you say the colors are popping what settings are you using? Are you using one of the pre-set modes or custom? Also, it's not clear in your post but when you say it has significant off angle white glow I'm assuming you are talking about the 2209wa as that's one of the characteristics of IPS panels?

Having owned both the PX2370 and XL2370 which one would you pick and why? Both seem to be so similar that I think it's going to come down to personal preference and maybe $$.

Off angle viewing used to bother me greatly as I felt it affected immersiveness when gaming, as it had the ability to pull you back to reality so to speak but have since changed my tune and am willing to put up with it for the faster response time and more vibrant colors. I recently picked up an L227WTG as gaming is my main concern but even day to day surfing is a joy. I don't know if it's selective memory or if this unit is indeed better than the first one I owned but the viewing angles definitely seem better this time around. In fact if I wasn't looking for a monitor to double as a console display this is the monitor I would stick with until OLED comes out. This current gen of LCD technology is all about making compromises anyways.

Back