Zune 64gb $300 (lowest price yet)

Might get this with the 2yr extended through CompUSA. Still about 100 cheaper

Yes and no. "Quality Refurbished" is one difference for starters.

Its also a 80GB 2nd gen Zune and the OP's is the latest gen Zune HD. Still not a bad deal, but those are similar to comparing an ipod classic with an ipod touch.

I'm guessing a new Zune release is coming? The hardrive on my Zune 80 has started making a lot of noise, and I should get a new one. Love that Zune Pass.

are there any jailbrakes for them like ipod touches to have games if so i'm in, i'm done with ipod keeps screwing up at every update just like world of warcraft.

are there any jailbrakes for them like ipod touches to have games if so i'm in, i'm done with ipod keeps screwing up at every update just like world of warcraft.

There are extremely few games for the ZuneHD, and the apps take about 6-10 seconds to launch... from my experience, don't get one. :( Sad to say, too, since my iPod Touch 1st Gen broke an I got a Zune HD to take it's steed, and except for the amazing black levels, the interface is not the most intuitive (I still like it better than the iOS interface), screen is a *wee* bit too small for my hands, and the internet browser sucks... bad. The ZuneHD just feels abandoned by MS, we get a *dfew* apps every once in a while (6 montsh or so for maybe 3-4 new apps) and I downloaded all 30+ apps in one sitting... that's every on-homebrew app for the ZuneHD (there are XNA/OpenZDK [think that's it's name] apps for this, but not many. Check out Zuneboards). I think this was a good project for MS, but it's just that. I'd rather get a new WP7 phone (which is a full zune - every last bit - save for the AV HDMI dock), then get a ZuneHD again. :(

EDIT:... screw it, I'm getting a new KB, This mistyping never happens on my laptops KB :mad:

Wait! Isn't this the same one? 149.99 plus coupon = ENG17269 = 139.99 (coupon/deal good until 1/18/2010)

http://www.compusa.com/applications...M740BY&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-COMEM740-_-email

Wuh? this is an entirely different zune. Not a bad deal for 80gb zune, but its refurb, big and clunky, and if i ever drop it the hdds likely to get screwed up.... plus the screen sucks really hard compared to the touch OLED on the zune HD.. i could go on but lets just say im looking for a different feature set.

very limited games.. audiosurf is like the only decent one. I prefer my mp3 players to play music well first, i had an ipod touch 8gb 1G (nowhere near enough room plus i would be fumbling with volume all the time, or pull it out of my pocket and the stupid thing would reorient itself) , then i moved to a 80gb classic (which broke after about 2 years of use), then a Zune HD. The Zune just WORKS, i have no qualms about it playing music. Possibly the only shitty thing is how fucking long the zune software takes to sync albums (it takes an enormous a mount of time compared to the ipod)

The general feel I get on the Zune HD vs. iPod touch is, if you want a great mp3 player, get a Zune HD + Zune pass, if you want a neat multi-function gadget that will also play music, get the iPod. I love my Zune HD but all I want it for is to listen to music.

The general feel I get on the Zune HD vs. iPod touch is, if you want a great mp3 player, get a Zune HD + Zune pass, if you want a neat multi-function gadget that will also play music, get the iPod. I love my Zune HD but all I want it for is to listen to music.

Yeah, that's all mine does, anymore :( Just as well, my ATH-M50s agree with me, that the ZuneHD's audio output is cleaner than my iPod Touch 1st gen, m11xR2 laptop, and ASUS R2G mobo...

Zune is such an odd duck. They made the perfect product to destroy the ipod...that came out 2 years ago. Still a nice media player, but how did they figure that a media-only player was going to beat out a "you can download 1 million apps on this and still play your media" device? Doesn't even have any decent games on it even though the screen and graphics hardware is pretty good.

On a side note, I imagine Zune employees have the most depressing Christmas...their kids and wives must ask for ipod/pad and they probably want one themselves, haha.

That's the reason why MS put it all into the Windows Phone 7, lol. Zune is now part of the WIndows Phone, which kinda sucks for us existing Zune HD owers, since nothng is compatible between the two.

I have a Droid, a tablet PC, several media pc's, etc..
but that doesn't mean that I don't like having my specialized little media player that doesn't use battery life on anything else..
I don't really understand people wanting a billion apps on all these devices. I find them lackluster in most regards. The practical ones on my Droid are great, but besides that, I certainly don't need my Mp3 player to have bells and whistles. I like the level of intuitive usage my zunes provide. I've owned an original 30 gb, a 2nd gen 80, and an hd 32. I leave the oldest in my car, the 80 in my house, and the 32 at work.
I want my media player to only play media, and let its software engineers focus on that aspect. I personally don't carry them with me and wouldn't want to. I'm a guy. I barely have room in my pockets for my droid.

I must be weirder yet: I have an iPhone, iPad, and three Zunes on my Zune Pass. One for the GF, one for home, one for work.

I don't use my iPhone or iPad to play music. I don't want to be draining the battery on my phone, so I doubt I would consider a WP7 either. I sure as hell wasn't going to spring for the 64GB iPad to fill it full of music. If MS knew how to market this thing, they would be crushing iPod.

I bet we see a Zune HD 2 that has access to the Zune App store this year.

Zune is such an odd duck. They made the perfect product to destroy the ipod...that came out 2 years ago. Still a nice media player, but how did they figure that a media-only player was going to beat out a "you can download 1 million apps on this and still play your media" device? Doesn't even have any decent games on it even though the screen and graphics hardware is pretty good.

On a side note, I imagine Zune employees have the most depressing Christmas...their kids and wives must ask for ipod/pad and they probably want one themselves, haha.

I switched from an iPod to zune. I wanted a music device, not a multifunction app player thing. That + the pass = total win, since I can listen to a ton of different music and keep some of it for a relatively low cost.

I had the Zune 80, and now I'm using the Zune 8GB as my daily portable (which is on my FS thread is anyone is interested) and I absolutely love it. I get radio, amazing sound quality, and great battery life all in a slim, light package.

Back