zr30w or..

Yea, but if it's anything like the dell it's really well packaged.

I drive a Ford Focus ZX3, small little car and I fit the U3011 in my trunk snugly.
 
Ok this may be TOO BIG. BTW it came with dual link cable hdmi and i think mini display port...
 
Last edited:
I should say though, I miss the stunning colors. Wide Gamut is solved buy dropping the vibrance to like 45%. Otherwise the colors punch me in the face and I kind of like it. RAGE looks jaw droppingly beautiful.
 
It's full DP.

Also does yours have any stuck pixels. Of course mine does.

I didnt notice any, i put on a few solid colored backgrounds, i didnt see any poke out at me ill try again. Also idk the difference between wide or srgb so i guess it doesnt bother me?all i know is i have my old 22" next to it and the colors look 500 times better.

what i do find shitty is that i cant see what % the brightness is at its either up or down, also if i did want to mess with colors and contrast and all that id have to do that from my gfx drivers
Also careful poking the lcd screen in feels like its going to fall inwards.
 
Last edited:
All my Dell panels felt the same way. My understanding is that's how big IPS's are. IDK.

As far as Wide Gamut versus sRGB, Wide Gamut looks much brighter and saturated. I'm getting used to it.
 
Got mine in today...OMG this thing rocks. Making me not regret selling my 3x NEC 321wmis...
 
Are you going to end up sending it back? You should ask them to send you another one before you send that one back.
 
Last edited:
Are you going to end up sending it back? You should ask them to send you another one before you send that one back.

I've dealt with amazon replacements before. Usually they agree to send me another before I send it back.
 
I had the U3011, I returned it. I couldn't live with the input lag.

CREST:

Please share your impression's of input lag - zr30w vs. u3011.

I'm trying to choose between them right now if I can get up the nerve to leave my beloved, fast CRT behind.
Thanks
 
Night and Day difference for me. I could feel the lag on the U3011 anytime I used it. The ZR30w feels like a proper responding monitor for me.

Wide Gamut colors don't bother me. Just run through the Windows 7 calibration to make things look right.
 
Wide Gamut colors don't bother me. Just run through the Windows 7 calibration to make things look right.

All I care about is game's - (mine, if I get one, will be used in a gaming rig). Do I need to run Window's 7 calibration for game's?

Also, in several review's I've read about a problem with green. To much green on yours'?
 
Olson, you're going to want to upgrade your rig for gaming on a 30". The resolution is massive and I don't know how well a dual core proc and two 285's will handle it in modern games. Also, the ZR30w is a better gaming monitor than the U3011. It's about as good as a 60Hz LCD monitor gets for gaming, just don't expect CRT speed. Visuals, however, are second to none. I find it's a fantastic gaming monitor, even for fast paced twitch shooters like Quake Live. Battlefield 3 is GORGEOUS.
 
Last edited:
Olson, you're going to want to upgrade your rig for gaming on a 30". The resolution is massive and I don't know how well a dual core proc and two 285's will handle it in modern games.


Thank's for trying to look out for a fellow [H]er Nuke. Just so you know, my near term plan's are for a new, long over due build to include:

1. Socket 2011 \ X79 board \ i7=3820 Then, top end unlocked IVY-E when released.
2. Kepler when released or SLI'ed 580's if Kepler sucks.
3. ????? monitor ????? to go with all this goodness.

I've never had anything but CRT and confess ignorance about what to upgrade to, or if, in fact, leaving my Diamond Pro would be an upgrade.
 
Last edited:
The jump from a CRT to any LCD you will notice some difference as far as response times but if you get an up to par low input monitor in no time you will adjust to it. Id rather take that adjustment then having that big brick on a desk. the resolution and the size of this monitor is just... i guess intense! im still blown away... BF3 runs pretty well on my rig i do have some slow downs but hey i expected it. I think by next gen GPUS it shouldnt be that big of an issue, but BF3 is a taxing game all around.
 
Hey Guys and Gals,

I was just wondering what kind of frame rates I can expect w/ my current gear on this monitor playing BF3? I'm ready to pull the trigger on it but I'm not looking to drop 4 bills on a GPU also.

Ty
Moses
 
I have to agree. I just sold my 3 NEC EA231WMi IPS LCD's in Eyefinity for a pre-owned Dell 3008WFP and love it SO much more. 2560x1600 cannot be beat.

How do like the HP 30" over a triple screen Eyefinity gaming rig ? I am on Eyefinity now the last 18 months and starting to really miss my old Apple 30" Cinema Display, that thing was huge, and made games look crystal clear sharp.

I have 3 - 27" Dell's, and it is just too wide looking for me, I never look at the two sides that much, and I hate the stretched out distorted view they give in Eyefinity mode.

Thinking a large single screen is better than stretched out smaller displays ?
 
Last edited:
Hey Guys and Gals,

I was just wondering what kind of frame rates I can expect w/ my current gear on this monitor playing BF3? I'm ready to pull the trigger on it but I'm not looking to drop 4 bills on a GPU also.

Ty
Moses

If your willing to turn down your settings in BF3 then you should be ok.

I have no AA or AF on everything on high besides 1 option ( cant remember right now which option that is) also turned off motion blurr i stay between 60 and 70 dip sometimes to the 50s... I am running an 5970 i hope that can give you a similar idea.
 
How do like the HP 30" over a triple screen Eyefinity gaming rig ? I am on Eyefinity now the last 18 months and starting to really miss my old Apple 30" Cinema Display, that thing was huge, and made games look crystal clear sharp.

I have 3 - 27" Dell's, and it is just too wide looking for me, I never look at the two sides that much, and I hate the stretched out distorted view they give in Eyefinity mode.

Thinking a large single screen is better than stretched out smaller displays ?

If you don't like the distorted view from landscape Eyefinity, try portrait Eyefinity before you switch to a 30". It's free and should give you little to no distortion in games.
 
I haven't tried eyefinity LLL mode yet - I went with a 27" 2560x1440. I didn't want a scaler adding any input lag so it was down to a zr30w and a 27" cinema display. I'm sensitive to over aggressive AG coating so I went with the ACD. Anyway the single screen is pretty wide at 2.5' or less away from your eyes, and really fills your personal FoV. A 30" is even larger than the slight vertical resolution differences between it and a 27" 2560x imply, because its pixels are larger. I did research landscape eyefinity gaming for awhile before I made my choice though. I often see people mentioning the side monitors and that they don't look at the side monitors, stretched side monitor display, etc.. where as I understand it - landscape eyefinity is designed to not look at the side monitors directly. They are supposed to remain in your periphery, giving your brain a sense of immersion. Youtube videos of eyefinity in action are taken from farther back so you can see all three monitors because that is the only way they can show it. In person, you should be looking at the center monitor and the sides are peripheral, not being focused on but making you feel more 'in' the game. Another good point of LLL eyefinity (L = landscape) , is that all the HUD, notifications, pointers, chat, and other game elements stay on the primary central screen (if the game has full eyefinity support), unlike some other eyefinity setups that sort of scale the entire monitor as one giant one,, resulting in essential a larger than 30" monitor and pushing HUD and pertinent game data into your periphery unless you set the monitor array back considerably. PPP also pushes the bars much closer to the middle, where LLL has you focusing on one central monitor with no bars in your focal game screen pretty much.
.. I may eventually run my fw900 with a 23" lcd on each side someday to try out LLL, but I think I'd have to mod my desk or build a new one if I was going to run it awhile.
 
Good point elvn, I understand the point of LLL Eyefinity is for immersion, and the side monitors are not meant to be looked at directly. But that is meant for racing games, and first person shooters. To me that stretched distorted look really becomes apparent in MMO's like WoW, and RTS games, where you should be able to look at all three displays, and they should render the game super clear like the center main display, and not be stretched out.

In WoW for example, when looking at a monster on either side display he is totally like 3 times wider looking,and less detailed :rolleyes: But then turn around into the main center screen, and the monster looks normal again. I don't like that part of Eyefinity, wish for certain games you could render all three displays the same aspect ratio and not do the distorted look.
 
Back
Top