ZOTAC Mod Box

Cheers everyone :cool:

I probably should of done this before having the case painted but i love living dangerously and if Pete the painter is watching its probably best he skips this post :D

The mini USB jack that powers the Nitro was just interfering with the front bezel so harsh measures were needed in the shape of a power file just to remove a small channel for it to rest in..........anyway, it worked a treat and no damage done to the paintwork, plus you can't see it once the front bit is on there so job well done. And got the black plexi window for the Nitro but still to mount the 3 buttons.

Also got the top HWLabs 360 X-Flow rad mounted and also so a honeycomb mesh which looks just the ticket so all in all.......happy days :)

You also see the underlying honeycomb in the paint much better when pictured outdoors.

Lots of pictures as usual.....

mod_box_510.jpg

mod_box_511.jpg

mod_box_512.jpg

mod_box_514.jpg

mod_box_515.jpg

mod_box_516.jpg

mod_box_517.jpg

mod_box_518.jpg

mod_box_519.jpg

mod_box_520.jpg

mod_box_521.jpg

mod_box_522.jpg

Took onboard a new sponsor that i've not worked with in the past so big shout out to Primochill for getting me a stack of gear over today including a couple of their new Typhoon III res/pump combos which i got to say look great though i would of preferred a more clean look on the front end for this mod but i'm certainly not complaining and lets give them a chance and see how they look once they got coloured liquid in (orange in the top and black in the lower one)

Quality seems great and the D5's mount perfectly and have no doubt they will bleed just as good as the DDC ones i made a while back so looking forward to getting these filled up.

Anyway, still waiting on fittings to get any further on but here's a few pictures of Typhoon III's both in and out the case...

primochill_1.jpg

primochill_2.jpg

primochill_4.jpg

primochill_7.jpg

primochill_6.jpg

primochill_8.jpg

primochill_9.jpg

primochill_10.jpg

primochill_11.jpg

Truely amazing work up to now.

One thing though -

PLEASE tell me that cable won't be sticking out of the front of the finished case. That would tarnish an otherwise work of pure genius...

Ugh, do you see the cable in the pics above your post?? I don't think so.

Anyways, AWESOME WORK! :)

Ugh, do you see the cable in the pics above your post?? I don't think so.

Anyways, AWESOME WORK! :)

I'm sorry, who the hell are you?

Do you see a power cable, or a monitor cable in the pics above? A mouse or keyboard? So you assume the system will be running without those too? The guy cuts a channel, then feeds the cable out through that channel & takes pictures. Why would he go to the trouble of setting up the 4 or so pics with the cable set up like in that way, if it was never intended to be used like that?

Exactly - I don't know either. So I asked a reasonable question, and hoped for an answer from someone who might actually have an explanation. What exactly was the point to your response?

(Sorry to take this thread somewhat off-topic, but the guy has p*ssed me off somewhat. Nice work again OP.)

I'm sorry, who the hell are you? *SNIP*
Well, for starters:
1.) I'm not an idiot.
2.) I have eyes and a brain.
3.) The cable, thanks to the channel, can easily be routed into the case and connected internally making for a cleaner mod. Clearly.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, for starters:
1.) I'm not an idiot.
2.) I have eyes and a brain.

I'm afraid you have still to convince me on both these points.

3.) The cable, thanks to the channel, can easily be routed into the case and connected internally making for a cleaner mod. Clearly.

If this is so clear, can you explain (and answer my question) as to why the cable in the pic that I quoted, and in several other pics in the same original post, was shown running on the outside of the case, and not 'clearly' routed internally? Wouldn't properly routing the cable and then taking the pics make more sense if this is the case? Could it not be the case that this cable is just not connected in the later pictures? I can see no proof in the earlier post that the channel will allow the cable to be routed internally, just that the channel prevents the plug interfering with the bezel. There are several pictures showing the cable routed externally, but none showing it internally.

By stating things are so clear, yet failing to offer any explanation as to the information in front of you, you are in fact showing yourself to be an idiot. You also seem to be demostrating that, although you quite clearly must have eyes, you seem to be incapable of using them and your brain together to process the information presented to you. Instead you are assuming you know what the end result will be.

While I would be surprised and disappointed if the wire does end up exposed on the final case, the information as presented does not so 'clearly' show either outcome.

Indeed.

Again, apologies to the OP. I hope this does not detract from your awesome build.

Calm down guys...........sorry, it was probably my fault for not explaining with better pictures.

The channel that i cut was basically for the mini USB connector to rest in and the cable double backs on itself behind the front alu piece so it wont be sticking out at all and won't even be visible.

I'll make sure i take better pictures so you can see so no need for any more arguments :)

My apologies.

All I wanted was a little confirmation that your intention was such. Had it been necessary due to space requirements to have the cable connector sticking out I would have sent you a right-angled mini-usb connector to avoid having the wire on display & otherwise spoiling the case.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Cheers for the kind offer - i did find a mini right angled USB but unfortunately it was right-angled the wrong way........never mind all sorted now but thanks again :cool:

Real modders make their own custom USB cables :p

REAL modders desolder the onboard connectors & hardwire everything in place... :cool:

Real modders can tell where another modder is going and doesn't have to ask stupid, pointless questions and then flame another person who can, clearly, sees where the first modder was going with it. ;)

Anyways, the new Primochill stuff looks tight! Have they released that bay res yet?? That thing looks pretty awesome. Impressions on it??

So, still taking digs without ever actually answering any of the questions I asked, or any justification for your random attacks. How very mature of you. It was, after all, you who started the unpleasantness, and despite me asking you to justify your stance you have still failed to come up with anything intelligent to say. What exactly has been the point to any of your recent posts in this thread?

I would say a useful member of a modder community would check any details that would seem to make a fellow modder's build less impressive than it could be, and try to offer help and advice rather than assume everything is perfect. After all, this would not have been the first build to be spoiled by a small oversight (such as a cable connector being too long - who hasn't forgotten at least once to add in cable allowances when deciding where things will fit in tight spaces?), and I wanted to ensure that such an error would not occur and spoil something so beautifully done. Hell, if necessary I would have got the guy to ship the Zotac controller to me & I would have added a tail to plug direct into the motherboard in place of the connector for him.

Either way, you shall get no more responses from me regardless of your reply to this, as I feel we have taken up enough of this thread already. But I would at least hope that you will re-read the last few posts and maybe think a little more about the reasons behind what other people say before jumping in head first with insults.

lets play nice ok? :p

To be fair, Crim's forum title IS "Dick with a heart of gold, 5.7 Years " - cut him some slack ;)

I really wanted to hang fire and go Tri-Sli 285's but had a whole bunch of 7/16" Bitspower fittings and some Tygon hose here and basically couldn't wait any longer to get things started so ended up going with Skulltrail and pulled the 295 Infinity's from a previous mod which is a bit of a shame but at least it should be up and running tonight :)

zotac_1002.jpg

zotac_1001.jpg

zotac_1000.jpg

You guys are probably sick of seeing this crap and i wasn't going to post this but its something a little different this time.......honest :)

I used 1mm aluminium epoxied to 3mm plexi then cut the letters out with my trusty fret saw then sanded down the edges and polished the fronts which gives the whole thing a different dimension.

I just got to figure out how to LED these things up to get a nice glow coming from the edges just like the ZOTAC logo so i'm off to try a few things.

zotac_plexi_1.jpg

zotac_plexi_2.jpg

zotac_plexi_3.jpg

zotac_plexi_4.jpg

zotac_plexi_5.jpg

zotac_plexi_6.jpg

zotac_plexi_7.jpg

You guys are probably sick of seeing this crap and i wasn't going to post this but its something a little different this time.......honest :)

Let me be the first to say we aren't tired of seeing these things. Bring them on!!
Awesome work, BTW!!!

That's an awesome piece of work work with a fret saw Paul,this looks better everytime I see it,you've got a lot of talent and skill :)

:eek: Wow, just wow, those letters look amazing!

You must have chilled water on your veins! I could not get such straight cuts/filing/sanding in a million years (unless i used a CNC Milling machine).

I have been lurking this build for a while. And I have to say you do fantastic work!

How did you guys manage to fit the typhoon III res? I have an atcs 840 and the same res, its impossible to fit them without modification to the drive bays. Each drive bay slot has metal tabs sticking out for the drives to rest on, these tabs stop the res being pushed into place, they would have to be cut off. Also when flush with the front of the case the screw holes of the res doe not line up with any usable screw holes in the case. I cannot see any way of fitting this res without cutting off 2 of the metal support tabs and drilling new screw holes in the drive bays.

How did you guys manage to fit the typhoon III res? I have an atcs 840 and the same res, its impossible to fit them without modification to the drive bays. Each drive bay slot has metal tabs sticking out for the drives to rest on, these tabs stop the res being pushed into place, they would have to be cut off. Also when flush with the front of the case the screw holes of the res doe not line up with any usable screw holes in the case. I cannot see any way of fitting this res without cutting off 2 of the metal support tabs and drilling new screw holes in the drive bays.

Compared to everything else they've done to that case, what you describe sounds easy.

Errrr, yes it does........ but why did you even bother to reply? Whats that got to do with it? There was no mention of how they did it and since I am stuck with mine I really want to know what they did, your reply is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Sorted Ditchy out via PM but yeah basically had to trim the tabs off and drill new holes which tbh was an oversight on the T3 tbh but no biggy really.

@ mashie i negotiated a price as it will benefit both of us but they now have the price structure up on their website - DP Custompaint

Anyway, i eventually added all the final touches and got some pictures before it gets boxed up to start its journey to Multiplay

.....quite a few pictures BTW :D

zotac_infinity_1.JPG

zotac_infinity_2.JPG

zotac_infinity_3.JPG

zotac_infinity_4.JPG

zotac_infinity_5.JPG

zotac_infinity_6.JPG

zotac_infinity_7.JPG

zotac_infinity_8.JPG

zotac_infinity_9.JPG

zotac_infinity_10.JPG

zotac_infinity_11.JPG