ZOTAC Mod Box

That there is Skulltrail but still not 100% sure what i'm going to end up running tbh.

Zotac sent me their X58 board but its not Tri Sli compatible so that's not going to work so could end up staying with the Skulltrail unless something else turns up :confused:

I'm a huge fan of Skulltrail so that would do for me.

Damn, well I'm certainly impressed with the amount of work you've put. The effect should be quite stunning.

looks great! the hexagon pattern is awesome, looking forward to how this turns out :)

Oh god, I know what working with vinyl is like... I did 1 small sheet of images and it was a huge PITA... atleast all your pieces are a consistent size/patter... but there's so many of them too... should turn out awesome if done right.

Vinyl cutting is awesome, but weeding is such a PITA...

Just realized it wasn't vinyl, but it uses the same machine (plotter)...

That is pretty awesome. Expensive as well. Cant wait to see it done. Maybe some GTX295 SLI specs :)

I got a new painter involved called Pete at DP Customs and no doubting the boy can paint but unfortunately his better half struggles a little in the old camera department but she's trying her best and no doubt will give me grief for posting that LOL

Anyway, its all starting to come together nice and the dragon is looking fantastic but still a long way to go.

Updates are coming thick and fast now so i should be back on track to have this complete for Multiplay i37 in August.

mod_box_101.jpg

mod_box_102.jpg

mod_box_103.jpg

mod_box_104.jpg

mod_box_105.jpg

mod_box_106.jpg

mod_box_107.jpg

mod_box_108.jpg

mod_box_109.jpg

mod_box_110.jpg

mod_box_111.jpg

mod_box_112.jpg

I wish I could airbrush like that. Looks awesome :)

Holy Shit, that is all kinds of awesome. Very nice airbrush skills for sure.

Cheers for the posative feedback guys......i'm loving this one tbh

Well i got a relative picture fest going on today and won't even begin to attempt to explain what's going on as i have absolutely no clue what so ever and all i can really say is, i'm glad Pete knows what he's doing :D

Anyway, this is how things look as of last night complete with hexagons...

Oh yeah, and where's my poor little dragon gone :eek:

mod_box_120.jpg

mod_box_121.jpg

mod_box_122.jpg

mod_box_123.jpg

mod_box_124.jpg

mod_box_125.jpg

mod_box_126.jpg

mod_box_127.jpg

mod_box_128.jpg

mod_box_129.jpg

mod_box_130.jpg

mod_box_131.jpg

mod_box_132.jpg

mod_box_133.jpg

mod_box_134.jpg

mod_box_135.jpg

mod_box_136.jpg

mod_box_137.jpg

mod_box_138.jpg

mod_box_139.jpg

mod_box_140.jpg

mod_box_141.jpg

WOW, the paint hadn't even dried on the last lot of pictures and they sent me more.

Apparently there's not much more to do before the blue flames are added and the masks start to come off so we should start to come together so i'm pretty excited about that as its hard to tell at present.

Once thats done its clear coat time so things should start to really "pop"

Great job DP CustomPaints.........thanks for the pictures and keep em coming :cool:

mod_box_142.jpg

mod_box_143.jpg

mod_box_144.jpg

mod_box_145.jpg

mod_box_146.jpg

mod_box_147.jpg

mod_box_148.jpg

mod_box_149.jpg

mod_box_150.jpg

mod_box_151.jpg

mod_box_152.jpg

mod_box_153.jpg

mod_box_154.jpg

mod_box_155.jpg

mod_box_156.jpg

Just in case there is any confusion with the Zotac retail box - i was lucky enough to get my 295's before they were released to the general public so didn't have the correct Infinity box to give to the painter so rather than have the dude with the white eyes the Infinity box has a dragon breathing blue flames.

Just thought i'd clear that up and this is more how the case will look :D

mod_box_2.jpg

I must admit, i'm one of those that can't really see the big picture until it all starts coming together and DP CustomPaint have been great keeping me up to date on each stage.

The dragons back and i think Pete now shoots the blue flames and highlights the hexagons.........i think anyway.

It just keeps getting better and better IMO

mod_box_160.jpg

mod_box_161.jpg

mod_box_162.jpg

mod_box_163.jpg

mod_box_164.jpg

mod_box_165.jpg

mod_box_166.jpg

Looking nice :D

Good to see the dragon back, was beginning to miss it :( :p

Updates coming thick and fast now and at this rate it looks like i should be getting the case back this week so i'm going to have to get my skates on and secure some hardware to fill it up :)

I was hoping to go tri-sli 285's but with the new single pcb 295's on the horizon i'm hoping we can maybe get those in time and i also have the new SR-1 (Silent Revision) rads on route from HardwareLabs which should be here early this week so looking forward to getting a system installed.

Anyway.....we have a blue flame throwing dragon...

mod_box_168.jpg

mod_box_169.jpg

mod_box_170.jpg

mod_box_171.jpg

mod_box_172.jpg

mod_box_173.jpg

mod_box_174.jpg

mod_box_175.jpg

mod_box_176.jpg

Cheers chaps :)

Just about done now and ready to go to clear coat and polish when apparently it really comes to life so looking forward to that but i'm pretty happy with it so far and looking forward to getting a system in there with the Nitro in the front :)

mod_box_177.jpg

mod_box_178.jpg

mod_box_179.jpg

mod_box_180.jpg

TNT landed this morning with 4 prototype rads from Hardware Labs.

I managed to speak and thank HWLabs just after who told me i was the first modder to get my hands on these so i consider myself hugely privileged so a massive thanks to the HWLabs team and for getting me them so soon and here's hoping i can do them justice.

Included is 2x Black Ice SR-1 240 prototypes and 2x Black Ice SR-1 360 X-Flow prototypes all in what HWLabs are calling a Black Carbon finish and i got to say i'm really really impressed as these things look the absolute business and the build quality and paint is simply stunning.

You can see immediately that the fin density has been greatly widened which no doubt will have a massive effect on airflow so look forward to some testing by the main men but just quickly hooking up a CM fan i can feel and hear the difference.

Anyway, here's a few of the very first pictures of the new SR-1 series radiators :)

hwlabs_sr1_1.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_2.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_3.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_4.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_5.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_6.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_7.jpg

hwlabs_sr1_8.jpg

Picked the finished Zotac mod box back up late tonight from DP CustomPaint and i was going to wait till daylight tomorrow to get some decent pictures but i couldn't wait tbh as it looks absolutely stunning so did the best i could with what i got.

These guys really did a fantastic job, i got to hand it to them its just a shame i can't do the 16 coats of deep gloss clear coat justice but hopefully it gives a good idea.........and i'll try for better soon.

Time to start adding some hardware i guess :)

mod_box_507.jpg

mod_box_500.jpg

mod_box_501.jpg

mod_box_502.jpg

mod_box_503.jpg

mod_box_504.jpg

mod_box_505.jpg

mod_box_506.jpg

Back