Zotac GTX680 4GB reports only 3GB?

TigerLord

[H]ard|Gawd
But I have a second GTX680 that is only 2GB (will be changed next week) running Phys-X.

Could this be the reason?

But I have a second GTX680 that is only 2GB (will be changed next week) running Phys-X.

Could this be the reason?

Maybe you have a 32-bit GPU. :D

Remove all cards, install just the 4GB, reinstall drivers, see if it works. (Not to mention, you should check that you have all the right drivers, and 64-bit ones too).

Removed the 2GB card, reinstalled drivers and rebooted but MSI Afterburner still only reports 3072 MB.

GPUZ shows 3GB too? if so I'd say defective card, good chance you are running on 192bit memory interface as well.

You were right, it's MSI Afterburner that's in the wrong.

sli2.jpg

While running Skyrim...

sli3.jpg

So it MSI Afterburner that is bugged and can't report correctly? Or the card?

ahh, that doesn't show the maximum memory, it just shows the range that the graph is set to, you can change that by modifying the monitoring settings. :)

Ohhhhh.... wow. I can always count on [H] for help AND reminding me gently I am still a nub after all these years :D

Well the good news is that going from 2GB to 4GB was super useful because it's making use of it, but I still get unplayable framerate.

Hopefully SLI will give me some more leeway! Thanks! :)

sli4.jpg

I'd be interested to know what peak memory usage you're seeing in Skyrim with all your mods loaded, especially when you get SLI set up.

Skyrim caches everything you've got, I don't think it uses that much. My 2GB 680's play it fine at 2560x1600 with over 100 mods installed, most of them high res textures for various things. It worked well on a single 680 at 6040x1200 as well.

Interesting that AB didn't automatically reconfigure your graph for the proper amount of memory, but I've seen it do weird things like list the second card in SLI as having 3050934983453453069MB of memory (some dramatically long number that makes no sense at all) and the fan RPM going to 50,000rpm.

Back