Zotac GTX 670 4GB - $240

Yippee38

2[H]4U
Don't know anything about the vendor though.
Link

Ebay seller has the same thing for slightly $260.
Link

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not a bad deal at all, especially for users wanting some Surround Goodness with high res mods like Skyrim etc..

Compusource has the same card for $266, which is the company selling the refurb'd HP 30" LCDs..A few members have bought from them with no problems, so it might be worth the extra $26 for peace of mind?

Either way, these are some great deals..Finally nice to see some "Team Green" cards that can almost compete with the best bang for the buck card on the market, the AMD 7950!

Do you think that games such as GTA4 and GTA 5 (when it comes out for PC) benefit from a GPU that's 4GB instead of 2GB?

Do you think that games such as GTA4 and GTA 5 (when it comes out for PC) benefit from a GPU that's 4GB instead of 2GB?

I would think that just about any current game would benefit from an additional 2GB of DDR5

Only on triple monitor. At 1600p I haven't seen a game break ~1.65 gig. However that's not a bad price for a 2gig, or at least it wouldn't be if the price hadn't changed.

The only game I can think of that benefits, on a single monitor, is Skyrim if it's heavily modded.

I broke down and bought the Zotac 670 4gb from Amazon. It was being sold through Antonline for $267, I had a $450 gift card so I couldn't pass up the deal.

670 is around 10% faster than a 760 plus I get an extra 2gb for around the same price as a 760 2gb. 4gb should keep me safe over the next year for any new games that run better with > 2gb vram. Hopefully I'll be able to get an extra 5%-10% with an overclock to put it closer to a 680.

Nothing from AMD this week showed me that I needed to be worried about missing out of their new lineup unless I want to spend $600, which I don't. I'll probably use this till the 20nm cards start hitting, hopefully next year.

Last edited:
I broke down and bought the Zotac 670 4gb from Amazon. It was being sold through Antonline for $267...

FYI zotac has a list of partners that they recognize. Antonline is not in the list. This is what they show on their website with regard to warranty:

"Products must be purchased as new from an authorized ZOTAC reseller."

Caveat Emptor.

FYI zotac has a list of partners that they recognize. Antonline is not in the list. This is what they show on their website with regard to warranty:

Caveat Emptor.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm in contact now with Zotac support to see if I can get the warranty on the card.

Caveat Emptor.

I bought a pair from a different vendor, and am contacting them to see if there's anything that can be done. Thanks for the heads-up; I hadn't known about this!

EDIT: Already got a response, but they can't honor it :(. Gonna just return them.. their policy is outright deceptive IMO, their product pages absolutely everywhere state it has a 2-year warranty in the product specs yet they hid a tiny line in their policy on their own site nullifying that? Totally absurd.

/rant off

Last edited:
I had ordered one of them from NextWarehouse. I guess I'll be returning it now. I checked with Zotac and they wouldn't honor the warranty.

I'm keeping mine even if they don't honor the warranty. It's the same as buying used except it's a brand new card. There's probably only 5%-10% risk that something will go wrong in the first 2 years.

I'm keeping mine even if they don't honor the warranty. It's the same as buying used except it's a brand new card. There's probably only 5%-10% risk that something will go wrong in the first 2 years.

The risk's small, but if it happens you're out a good amount of money. Many brands transfer warranties with their cards even once sold used, so it's really not even the same thing on that end either.

EDIT: Also, the way they have it set up is just scuzzy in my opinion... every vendor shows it has a 2-year warranty, yet they bury one line that links to a page on their site, that is not information you would have any way of knowing was different without being told. Personally I also don't really want to buy from a company like that, so I'm voting with my dollars. I'll find a cheaper price soon enough I'm sure so long as I'm willing to accept the 2GB especially.

Last edited:
Careful about returns, a lot of small time vendors will charge you a 15% restocking fee + force you to pay return shipping.

Careful about returns, a lot of small time vendors will charge you a 15% restocking fee + force you to pay return shipping.

Nope, I ordered mine from a major vendor that has terms laid out very clearly :), no restock fee. Only thing I may be on the hook for is return shipping, but I'll contact them and see if I can simply refuse the package. Also, already found a nice one-off deal through amazon on a pair of 2GB 670s with slightly-beefed-up blowers, which will run me a full $100 less total and have warranties. Done and done.

Were they used 670's? I'm still in contact with Zotac about the warranty. If they refuse my receipt I still have 30 days to return the card if it's defective. I'll do a burn in and if it doesn't break in 30 days it probably won't break for the next few years.

I talked to NextWarehouse. The card will be covered because it was shipped from Ingram Micro, and IM will be listed as the seller on the invoice. IM is an Zotac approved vendor.

FWIW.

I talked to NextWarehouse. The card will be covered because it was shipped from Ingram Micro, and IM will be listed as the seller on the invoice. IM is an Zotac approved vendor.

FWIW.

Huh, interesting... wonder if I'm in that boat... gonna contact provantage.

EDIT: Confirmed it should be coming in from an Ingram Micro dropship, and they are listed as an authorized distributor. So, I should be covered! Thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought of that at all. I'll find out for sure once they arrive I guess but I'm much more at ease... if it isn't I can just return them but I'm hopeful now ;).

Were they used 670's? I'm still in contact with Zotac about the warranty. If they refuse my receipt I still have 30 days to return the card if it's defective. I'll do a burn in and if it doesn't break in 30 days it probably won't break for the next few years.

They were refurbs, but I have now cancelled them due to the edit above. :) Truth be told they shouldn't die particularly unless they go quickly, but I wanted the warranty to be safe.

Last edited:
Huh, interesting... wonder if I'm in that boat... gonna contact provantage.

EDIT: Confirmed it should be coming in from an Ingram Micro dropship, and they are listed as an authorized distributor. So, I should be covered! Thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought of that at all. I'll find out for sure once they arrive I guess but I'm much more at ease... if it isn't I can just return them but I'm hopeful now ;).

Glad that helped you too.

having more than 2gb in GTA 4 will do nothing. maybe with mods though. no one knows about GTA 5. just get the card because it is a good price and think of the extra 2gb as a bonus.

Figures. I received the card today and it did not come from Ingram Micro. It came from Neutron, Inc., which is not listed as an approved vendor. :( Gonna have to make some phone calls on Monday, and probably end up returning it.

I bought a pair from a different vendor, and am contacting them to see if there's anything that can be done. Thanks for the heads-up; I hadn't known about this!

EDIT: Already got a response, but they can't honor it :(. Gonna just return them.. their policy is outright deceptive IMO, their product pages absolutely everywhere state it has a 2-year warranty in the product specs yet they hid a tiny line in their policy on their own site nullifying that? Totally absurd.

/rant off

No problem. Glad I could help.

Invoice came with cards and said provantage, several hours ago. Thought I was done, but I went to zotac's site for the warranty registration to see what would happen and provantage is on the approved list in the drop down. Nice surprise :D. Guess I am set, been testing them out in sli this evening and having a blast. They clock really well even on the memory... Can't go past 1250 core due to heat but they run 1300 fine for a few. I am using 1.175v and 1.162v for 1241c and 6900m. Quite pleased and they way outrun my prior 780.

3dmark11 X-score is ~34% faster, and in-game fraps'ing BF3 rush is giving me 40-45% faster. Not bad at all! I'll have to see about pushing the memory further but for now I'm enjoying gaming ;).

Invoice came with cards and said provantage, several hours ago. Thought I was done, but I went to zotac's site for the warranty registration to see what would happen and provantage is on the approved list in the drop down. Nice surprise :D. Guess I am set, been testing them out in sli this evening and having a blast. They clock really well even on the memory... Can't go past 1250 core due to heat but they run 1300 fine for a few. I am using 1.175v and 1.162v for 1241c and 6900m. Quite pleased and they way outrun my prior 780.

3dmark11 X-score is ~34% faster, and in-game fraps'ing BF3 rush is giving me 40-45% faster. Not bad at all! I'll have to see about pushing the memory further but for now I'm enjoying gaming ;).

Great to hear. Their approved list is pretty small, when you think of the number of reputable shops that are NOT on there.

Great to hear. Their approved list is pretty small, when you think of the number of reputable shops that are NOT on there.

Yeah, it definitely is small. Frankly so long as it's bought new from a vendor I don't see why they bother with the whole "approved list" thing. I don't think I've run into another video card manufacturer that requires you to have bought new from a tiny list of specific vendors in modern times.

Actually, I checked and EVGA requires that your card be purchased from an "approved vendor". However, unlike Zotac, if you buy from a non-approved vendor, you still get a warranty, just of reduced duration (only 2 years). Zotac just says, "Screw you."

I've got to say that I'm hugely impressed with NextWarehouse's customer service. The guy I talked to last week was very polite and helpful. The lady I talked to today is the same. In fact, she took it upon herself to call Ingram Micro (who actually shipped the card even though the invoice has a different company name on it) and also call Zotac. She also e-mailed me her ticket number with Zotac, and their PO number with Ingram, and Ingram's PO number with Zotac. Zotac is supposed to call me directly to clear up the warranty thing. If not, she said she will call them back and be a bit more "aggressive". This is great customer service FWIW.

Back