Zotac Announced 2 New AMD mITX boards

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20069\\

With USBv3 and SATAv3(SATA 6gbps) :eek:

One is a mITX Athlon II Neo K625 + m880G combo with desktop DIMMs
One is a mITX AM3 socket board + 880G combo with desktop DIMMs w/ a 95W TDP limit.

Both have WiFi-N integrated. Both only come with a PCIex1 slot, though :(

So IMHO, ASUS has a lead over the AM3 board, SO-DIMMs be blasted. The Athlon II mobile board is a nice piece of work, though :)

Last edited:
Might be nice for an HTPC but without a PCIe x16 it isnt going to be taken seriously by someone wanting a SFF gamer. Maybe for a carputer? Course, it could be dirt cheap. (And would need to be)

The k625 board could be great in a q08 as a file server/whs.. Comparing its performance to an atom that would be a pretty potent little combo.

Yea, with its 6 SATA ports the K625 board is just asking to be a home server! with an x16 slot the k625 would be a nice atom alternative for htpc use.

I'm just thinking about this becuase I was discussing it with someone the other day, but why don't they have pci-e x1 GPUs? I mean, even top end GPU's come nowhere close to saturating an x16 slot, so you'd think that a radeon 5450 or equivalent would have no trouble living on an x1 bus. Even if the slot didn't supply enough power you could put an external power connector on it or something, they barely draw any power even at load. I'm thinking along the lines of how back in the day there used to be AGP and PCI versions for people who had old crappy computers and wanted some compatibility. Sure, it'd be a niche market these days, but there are so many mini-ITX boards out there with atom processors and nothing but an x1 slot. surely theres enough of a market for at least one x1 GPU

Yea, with its 6 SATA ports the K625 board is just asking to be a home server! with an x16 slot the k625 would be a nice atom alternative for htpc use.

I'm just thinking about this becuase I was discussing it with someone the other day, but why don't they have pci-e x1 GPUs? I mean, even top end GPU's come nowhere close to saturating an x16 slot, so you'd think that a radeon 5450 or equivalent would have no trouble living on an x1 bus. Even if the slot didn't supply enough power you could put an external power connector on it or something, they barely draw any power even at load. I'm thinking along the lines of how back in the day there used to be AGP and PCI versions for people who had old crappy computers and wanted some compatibility. Sure, it'd be a niche market these days, but there are so many mini-ITX boards out there with atom processors and nothing but an x1 slot. surely theres enough of a market for at least one x1 GPU

They do. HD4350 has a X1 variant, though it's stinking expensive. Though with the extremely low price of a stock HD 4350 (20usd - AMIR), just cut one up (slice off the extra PCIe lanes - PCIe easily scales from the hardware side, and it's proven to work :)), and it will work.

OR, get a low profile card (best is the HD5750 from Powercolor), and use a PCIe riser and it will not only work, it will fit perfectly into a full height expansion slot :)

A Ceton InfiniTV4 can run on a 1x slot (and the 880g is plenty to run 1080p content) -- jus' sayin' :D

They do. HD4350 has a X1 variant, though it's stinking expensive. Though with the extremely low price of a stock HD 4350 (20usd - AMIR), just cut one up (slice off the extra PCIe lanes - PCIe easily scales from the hardware side, and it's proven to work :)), and it will work.

OR, get a low profile card (best is the HD5750 from Powercolor), and use a PCIe riser and it will not only work, it will fit perfectly into a full height expansion slot :)
wow, pretty interesting that you can do it just by cutting the damn thing up!

Machupo said:
A Ceton InfiniTV4 can run on a 1x slot (and the 880g is plenty to run 1080p content) -- jus' sayin' :D

also true.... if you can find a ceton anywhere! ;)

Damn it. I was all excited up to the part about having only a PCIx 1 slots....

Agreed. I have the Zotac 8200 C-E and the only thing that holds it back from being in my main rig is the PCI x1. I looked for video cards to fit but they are expensive, impossible to find and not powerful enough. I think the best I found was a 9600gt made acouple years back for OEMs but you cant find/buy it. Now its my file sever with a 210e.

What kind of limitations would you see on like a 5570 running on 1x vs 8x or 16x.. I mean is a card like that really pushing more data than the 1x pipe can handle?

That is pretty ludicrous, I would assume that a 5870 pushes a ton of data over the pipe, but if you can get around 75% of that card, you could in theory get like 85% of a 5770, and be well within the margins of the lower end 5600 and lower cards :) Assuming the data transfer is relative across the cards.

That is pretty ludicrous, I would assume that a 5870 pushes a ton of data over the pipe, but if you can get around 75% of that card, you could in theory get like 85% of a 5770, and be well within the margins of the lower end 5600 and lower cards :) Assuming the data transfer is relative across the cards.

Well, I guess you could check out NBR's DiY ViDock thread :p

I dont get what the deal about the 1x slot is.. Asus makes a hell of alot better products & then already have a 880g AM3 mitx board. That zotac one to me is about fucking worthless given zotac's track reccord of producing crap product after crap product.. The k625 interests me just because I am hoping it will catch on & a real manufacturer will make one.

Back