Zip Zoom Fly - Wow (A8N32 Price increase)

"Non-refundable. Exchange for defective units only"

No way man - they are knowingly out to screw people

TheGoat Eater said:
"Non-refundable. Exchange for defective units only"

No way man - they are knowingly out to screw people

You could always ebay it...someone will buy while stock is hard to come by.

I can understand hi demand low supply but damn this is like beating me over the head with my wallet :>0

KM

you can buy an ABIT KN8 SLI with heat pipe for under 110.00 at the egg. the ASUS board would be a nice choice if not for the fan-boy insanity that has pushed prices beyond reason.

Killermac said:
I can understand hi demand low supply but damn this is like beating me over the head with my wallet :>0

KM

IMO the only thing paying a TON for is some sweet Monitor... it's the interface!!!

Its expensive because it supports 16x SLI while others go down to 8x when SLI is enabled, otherwise 16x for single cards.

iRoNeTiK said:
Its expensive because it supports 16x SLI while others go down to 8x when SLI is enabled, otherwise 16x for single cards.
The last I saw the performance gained was hardly worth the huge jump in price over a good SLI 8x mobo.

Anywas I thought the wording here was funny.
Non-refundable. Exchange for defective units only.
LOL

I'm not surprised to see this increase, with ZZF doing this, its another indication the shortage is very real. Our suppliers have been backing up dates of delivery for 3 weeks now. Is it worth it? Its relative to how important the latest highend gear is to a person.

So why is demand for this board so high? Just the 2x 16x pci express lanes or is there more?

HighwayAssassins said:
what makes this board worth $300?

Model
Brand ASUS
Model A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type Socket 939
CPU Type Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64/Athlon X2
FSB 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s)
Chipsets
North Bridge NVIDIA nForce SPP 100
South Bridge NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
Memory
Number of DDR Slots 4x 184pin DDR
DDR Standard DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Maximum Memory Supported 4GB
Dual Channel Supported Yes
Expansion Slots
PCI Express x16 2 x PCI-E x16 with SLI™ support at full x16, x16 mode
PCI Slots 3
Other Slots 1 x PCI-E x4 slot
Storage Devices
PATA 2 x ATA 100 up to 4 Devices
PATA RAID NV RAID 0/1/0+1 JBOD
SATA II 6
SATA RAID NV RAID 0/1/0+1 JBOD
Additional SATA RAID RAID 0/1
Additional RAID Controller Sil 3132
Onboard Video
Onboard Video No
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC850
Audio Channels 8 Channels
Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset Marvell 88E8053
Second LAN Chipset Marvell 88E1111
Max LAN Speed Dual 10/100/1000Mbps
Rear Panel Ports
PS/2 2
LPT 1
VGA 1
USB 4x USB 2.0
S/PDIF Out 1x Optical and 1x Coaxial
Audio Ports 5 jacks
Onboard USB
Onboard USB Connectors 6x USB 2.0 (3x headers)
Onboard 1394
Onboard 1394 Connectors 2x 1394a
Physical Spec
Form Factor ATX
Dimensions 12.0" x 9.6"
Features
Features Support two identical SLI-ready graphics cards (both x16 mode)
ASUS 8-Phase Power Design
ASUS Fanless Design
ASUS AI Overclocking (intelligent CPU frequency tuner)
ASUS AI NET2
ASUS C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall)
ASUS MyLogo2
ASUS Q-Fan2

Darakian said:
So why is demand for this board so high? Just the 2x 16x pci express lanes or is there more?

First of all its gotten excellent reviews with high overall scores. The main difference I see on this board is the internal power management that Asus has come up with. The dual 16x at this point is just icing but adds a measure of future proofing. They've also done major revisions of heat management, and are finally starting to cater to overclocking. See: Bios options and the mosfet fan when using waterblocks. And not the least......good 'ol " short supply creates high demand". Simple economics

Wow glad I got it beforehand, I ordered from ZZF a few imes but this is definitely price gouging, kinda sux.

Unfortunately ZZF has learned bad lessons from Newegg. They have the BFG 7800 GTX 512MB for $999. :mad: I bought my A8N32-SLI at Fry's on BF and paid $270 including Tax, and I thought THAT was high. Shows what I know. :(

Toonage said:
First of all its gotten excellent reviews with high overall scores. The main difference I see on this board is the internal power management that Asus has come up with. The dual 16x at this point is just icing but adds a measure of future proofing. They've also done major revisions of heat management, and are finally starting to cater to overclocking. See: Bios options and the mosfet fan when using waterblocks. And not the least......good 'ol " short supply creates high demand". Simple economics

Ok, thanks for the info :)

I got one off eBay for $299 last month for my new rig.

I wouldn't normally pay that kind of money for a motherbaord, and to be honest, I really hate the way the slots are done. It's very tough to use the one PCI slot available if you have dual slot video cards.

However, this thing simply works, and well, and stability is my number one concern. It's got a really nice feature in the AI overclocking, which actually does seem to boot performance without any user intervention, VERY slick.

I'm running my memory at 1T rates, and boy did that kill the Sandra memory benchmark!

This is a great motherboard, probably not worth the price premium, but featues wise, nothing is betting right now. Could have better intergrated audio and better placement of the PCI slots, but those are it's only faults. Everything else seems to be the best.

Merry Christmas!

2GB Corsair 3500LL Pro Memmory
2x BFG 7800 GTX 512 OC in SLI
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 300GB HDD in RAID-0
2x hp dvd740 DVD Writer optical drive | 1x Mitsumi FA404M 7-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and floppy drive
Antec P180 case
Enermax EG851AX-VH 660W Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 1600x1200 LCD Monitor

There are some places on eBay actually selling less that ZipZoomFly!

I actually came across mine because some bozo put up a bid of $530, but then reneged so the seller put it back up for sell as a Buy Now item for $299, which a month ago wasn't such as bad deal, as no one else had it.

Merry Chritmas!

2GB Corsair 3500LL Pro Memmory
2x BFG 7800 GTX 512 OC in SLI
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 300GB HDD in RAID-0
2x hp dvd740 DVD Writer optical drive | 1x Mitsumi FA404M 7-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and floppy drive
Antec P180 case
Enermax EG851AX-VH 660W Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 1600x1200 LCD Monitor

madmaxz said:
man i feel lucky i got mine for $230 at monarch 3weeks ago.

i got mine for 235. this is a great board but not worth $300 i think.

Back