Zen release date announced!

The competition thing aside, I just like to see cool new stuff. I don't care if Cyrix crawled back out of the woodwork and released some competitive CPU from out of their left ear, Intel releases something they've been keeping on ice, Nvidia decides they don't want to be dependent on CPU companies and puts out a CPU, or DEC rises from the ashes and puts out the Beta processor line. :D I think it's about time AMD had something cool again, even if it doesn't quite take the performance crown. As long as it's competitive it will be interesting. Options are good. New toys are good.

I'm excited for Zen, but I'm definitely waiting for the benchmarks and reviews.

Had a meeting with a large vendor today.
They could not talk in details, due to them being under NDA...but they would not commit to being able to supply Zen powered servers in Q2 & Q3 of 2017.

Launch and availability might be two seperate things.

That is a separate platform than AM4. I am not sure we got a good timeline on those.

Q2 sometime.

CyAF7lXUkAIIbI1.jpg:large

The hype train is gaining momentum. Have a feeling she will run out of steam by the top of the hill and not get over it.....................

Q2 sometime.

CyAF7lXUkAIIbI1.jpg:large

I'd say Q4 2017 before vendors can provide a server...lets just say that AMD's new line...was recieved by us with a "You got price, TDP and performance numbers?"....they said "NDA"....we said, "Well ,then tell us about your Intel products."

I'm excited for Zen, but I'm definitely waiting for the benchmarks and reviews.

It's going to be a shit-show.

Early benches have been disappointing, and if I've learned anything in the last few years, it's that AMD doesn't exceed expectations.

It's going to be a shit-show.

Early benches have been disappointing, and if I've learned anything in the last few years, it's that AMD doesn't exceed expectations.

despite the past. Early benches of what? Do you have benches from finished retail product running at 3.2ghz with 3.5 turbo? No you seem to paying too much attention to the server version that was running at half ass speed and with rumored bug workaround?

despite the past. Early benches of what? Do you have benches from finished retail product running at 3.2ghz with 3.5 turbo? No you seem to paying too much attention to the server version that was running at half ass speed and with rumored bug workaround?

If it launches in January, the final product have been in production for some time already. And finished long before with validation.

So either its going to be a massive paper launch with 6 months+ delay. Or the result isn't going to be as spectacular as some hope. Just as the releases the last 10 years.

If it launches in January, the final product have been in production for some time already. And finished long before with validation.

So either its going to be a massive paper launch with 6 months+ delay. Or the result isn't going to be as spectacular as some hope. Just as the releases the last 10 years.
First you are full of crap, as usual. If this final silicon is out there where are these results aka: benckmarks you allude to? And hoping doesn't make it happen. This is why launches from AMD are deemed failure because of posters like you that make statements as the expectations are at a level higher than the real AMD expectations actually are. In all these threads each and every AMD-pro-consumer believes it will best the FX series stock to stock but still fall short of Intels last generation and that the second iteration is the real upgrade that the first just needs to be a solid performer not the best.

First you are full of crap, as usual. If this final silicon is out there where are these results aka: benckmarks you allude to? And hoping doesn't make it happen. This is why launches from AMD are deemed failure because of posters like you that make statements as the expectations are at a level higher than the real AMD expectations actually are. In all these threads each and every AMD-pro-consumer believes it will best the FX series stock to stock but still fall short of Intels last generation and that the second iteration is the real upgrade that the first just needs to be a solid performer not the best.

Yes, every time someone doesn't jump on the hype train and eat the PR gospel raw they are just haters and clueless people. No matter how much data out there contradicts it. Try play another card than the victim one once.

To be fair, I'm sure AMD is keeping whatever they have close to their chest.

To be fair, I'm sure AMD is keeping whatever they have close to their chest.

The only secret AMD can keep from the competition is price. OEMs and ODMs at this point must have had the chips for quite a while. Not to mention other companies. Else the release and motherboards, certified software etc isn't coming anytime soon. Even AMD talked about unreleased Intel products at SC16 down to SKU level details.

AMD failed to the few loyal customers they have when they put Zen In comparison in a single blender benchmark versus the broadwell-E i7 6900K and shown being faster by ~2%... that's exactly how they lie and put false high expectation on the people. is not about being or not being their fans or what to expect, according their own Hype Train fanboys, not fanboys, haters and public in general should expect it to be entirely competitive versus a Broadwell i7 6900K because that's what exactly what they wanted to do, because that's what they said and that's what they shown in a live presentation, that false expectation wasn't made by any other user, was made directly by AMD.

AMD failed to the few loyal customers they have when they put Zen In comparison in a single blender benchmark versus the broadwell-E i7 6900K and shown being faster by ~2%... that's exactly how they lie and put false high expectation on the people. is not about being or not being their fans or what to expect, according their own Hype Train fanboys, not fanboys, haters and public in general should expect it to be entirely competitive versus a Broadwell i7 6900K because that's what exactly what they wanted to do, because that's what they said and that's what they shown in a live presentation, that false expectation wasn't made by any other user, was made directly by AMD.

One just have to look at Polaris February for the one before it. 2.8x perf/watt and 6-9 months ahead of competition.

When AMD got something good, they give it to everyone to show how great it is in everything everyone wish to test. K8 and Bobcat was good examples.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
That isn't a lie it is true in that circumstance. Jesus every company lies when it is marketing. Look at any car commercial and see the fine print or how they are actually doing their comparisons. As far as the 6700 "believers" that is the few that own them and say they will only switch if Zen is better than what they currently have. This is the point I was making. No AMD poster-fanboi-pro individual is expecting that at all. But the negative propagandists as above will use those statements as expectations when they are just criteria... not the same thing. This is the same thing that happened with Polaris- most of us said between 390 and Fury (nonX) and lo and behold that is where it fell. It was the same negative propaganda a-holes posting criteria as expectations.

Lol! Zen is coming and I will be upgrading! :) To be able to enjoy a specific companies products and know that they will be an improvement over their existing products is a plus in my book. :) I will not argue with the AMDSUXXORS crowd because they do not spend their money on my purchases. As soon as you guys pay for my stuff, then I will consider what you have to say as important.

Otherwise..... *Shrug*

Lol! Zen is coming and I will be upgrading! :) To be able to enjoy a specific companies products and know that they will be an improvement over their existing products is a plus in my book. :) I will not argue with the AMDSUXXORS crowd because they do not spend their money on my purchases. As soon as you guys pay for my stuff, then I will consider what you have to say as important.

Otherwise..... *Shrug*

I could upgrade my CPU each year with the latest Intel one and it would be an improvement over the existing products. They don't (and shouldn't) get praise for only managing about 5% gain each time though.

Your arguments are ridiculous. You're complaining about people criticizing AMD's products and saying they are biased, while at the same time saying you are writing them a blank check by purchasing their next CPU regardless of performance, price, functionality and how it compares to the competition's products.

You also keep telling people you aren't interested in their opinions unless they start buying your stuff for you. But if you aren't interested in opinions why start a thread in a public forum designed to discuss the product you are talking about?

If you don't want your decisions to be commented on, don't post about them. Ironically, considering your username, you are making a decision based on blind faith (when all you have to do is wait for the facts to come out in time) and then complaining about people actually discussing the decision. It's like reading the advice threads people post where they ask for opinions on a component and then do the opposite of what everyone else says while bitching that people didn't validate their purchase for them.

I could upgrade my CPU each year with the latest Intel one and it would be an improvement over the existing products. They don't (and shouldn't) get praise for only managing about 5% gain each time though.

Your arguments are ridiculous. You're complaining about people criticizing AMD's products and saying they are biased, while at the same time saying you are writing them a blank check by purchasing their next CPU regardless of performance, price, functionality and how it compares to the competition's products.

You also keep telling people you aren't interested in their opinions unless they start buying your stuff for you. But if you aren't interested in opinions why start a thread in a public forum designed to discuss the product you are talking about?

If you don't want your decisions to be commented on, don't post about them. Ironically, considering your username, you are making a decision based on blind faith (when all you have to do is wait for the facts to come out in time) and then complaining about people actually discussing the decision. It's like reading the advice threads people post where they ask for opinions on a component and then do the opposite of what everyone else says while bitching that people didn't validate their purchase for them.

Of course my point of view is ridiculous to you but hey, that is cool, I already made my point and you do not agree with it, enjoy. :D

Edit: Blind faith? LOL! :D Jesus is the living and Holy God, He has shown himself to me and I do not live my life with Him on Blind faith but open trust and faith. Oh well, I make my point about the AMD product and that is that.

Of course my point of view is ridiculous to you but hey, that is cool, I already made my point and you do not agree with it, enjoy. :D

Edit: Blind faith? LOL! :D Jesus is the living and Holy God, He has shown himself to me and I do not live my life with Him on Blind faith but open trust and faith. Oh well, I make my point about the AMD product and that is that.

It's ridiculous to anyone applying logic to it, it's not just my personal feeling about it. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

It's ridiculous to anyone applying logic to it, it's not just my personal feeling about it. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Nah, it is just ridiculous to anyone who prefers Intel only. That is cool however, I already explained my point, no need to go further into it.

Nah, it is just ridiculous to anyone who prefers Intel only. That is cool however, I already explained my point, no need to go further into it.
I prefer whoever offers the best price at the performance level I want. it just so happens that AMD didn't have anything competitive at the time of my last upgrade (An old AMD dual core to a 2500k). when I upgrade next year I'll look at the options and make a decision based on what is available. That's a logical decision.

You are welcome to make a choice based on sentimentality, some people like to buy from the underdog no matter what other factors there are, whether that's price, performance, power, etc. That's fine. But at least accept that's what you are doing, rather than just accusing everyone else of bias because that point out the flaws in the decision.

For the record, I probably will go Intel again next year. Because the information we have, combined with the last few years of releases, don't give me much confidence that AMD will offer a competitive product at the high end for gaming. If they do end up with the better price/performance in that tier though I'll be throwing money at them without any regrets about moving away from Intel, they are just companies.

Last edited:
Had another talk with another one of our server vendors.

The only thing they have on their server roadmap....was some low power server stuff.
No Zen what so ever....for 2017.

Time to talk to a third server vendor, the info I get from server-vendors is not the same as I hear from AMD PR...makes me "jiffy"....

Is Roy Taylor in here again? Under another name?

Remember that hype train?? Are we just daft now?
And after reading the front page leaked benchmarks all I can think is:

I haven't purchased ZEN quite yet, but I was wondering when I could have a refund? har, har <---troll comment

Any solid information on prices?

I prefer whoever offers the best price at the performance level I want. it just so happens that AMD didn't have anything competitive at the time of my last upgrade (An old AMD dual core to a 2500k). when I upgrade next year I'll look at the options and make a decision based on what is available. That's a logical decision.

You are welcome to make a choice based on sentimentality, some people like to buy from the underdog no matter what other factors there are, whether that's price, performance, power, etc. That's fine. But at least accept that's what you are doing, rather than just accusing everyone else of bias because that point out the flaws in the decision.

For the record, I probably will go Intel again next year. Because the information we have, combined with the last few years of releases, don't give me much confidence that AMD will offer a competitive product at the high end for gaming. If they do end up with the better price/performance in that tier though I'll be throwing money at them without any regrets about moving away from Intel, they are just companies.
Well you have to look at the context of his comment. He isn't referring to EVERYONES opinion just the anti-AMD-brigade that never have anything positive or even neutral to say in AMD threads. We know that per core/clock Zen will be better than the FX, which he and I both own. Now I don't believe Zen will clock all that high so it might be a wash in gaming performance for FX users >4.6Ghz but obviously for those that need thread counts Zen is an upgrade even for some Intel owners. You also have to consider the hate we AMD owners have to endure from the ignorant masses so you kinda have to understand why some of our posts may come off a bit irrational in some metrics. Even you admit each is allowed their own opinion and purchase reasons.

Well you have to look at the context of his comment. He isn't referring to EVERYONES opinion just the anti-AMD-brigade that never have anything positive or even neutral to say in AMD threads. We know that per core/clock Zen will be better than the FX, which he and I both own. Now I don't believe Zen will clock all that high so it might be a wash in gaming performance for FX users >4.6Ghz but obviously for those that need thread counts Zen is an upgrade even for some Intel owners. You also have to consider the hate we AMD owners have to endure from the ignorant masses so you kinda have to understand why some of our posts may come off a bit irrational in some metrics. Even you admit each is allowed their own opinion and purchase reasons.

Yeah, it took me a long time to learn it but, I realize now that I can have a straight up personal preference without pushing my preference on others. In fact, it does not preclude me from suggesting other companies products or building with them either. Rationality is really knowing what you like, using it and knowing it works well and still not criticizing another persons personal preferences.

Something tells me though, regardless of the clock speed, the IPC increase and standard core setup will most likely make a significant difference. (At least compared to the older FX CMT architecture.) Besides, I game at 4k where the CPU work load is far less.

The only thing they have on their server roadmap....was some low power server stuff.

Time to talk to a third server vendor, the info I get from server-vendors is not the same as I hear from AMD PR...makes me "jiffy"....
Low power.. Well other than the ARM stuff they mentioned a while back what could that be?

No wonder, here is Intels reply as such indirectly to the question about Zen (Datacenter question).

"Yes. So, first, we know that this is a fast-growing, big profitable business. Everybody in the world is going to come at this from different angles. That’s actually good for us because it makes us get up every day hungry and paranoid. But, I would point out that I think in prior years, you would have asked that same question starting with Samsung bringing ARM into the data center, Qualcomm bringing ARM into the data center or IBM with Power. So, we have competition in this segment. We consistently have competition in this segment. You can argue they’re just teeing up a little bit, but it’s not a new phenomenon for us."

AMD was also big talk about Barcelona and Bulldozer for servers. We all know how that went.

Low power.. Well other than the ARM stuff they mentioned a while back what could that be?

It is some AMD ARM servers....they will not get into our datacenters.
We are down to ~40 Legacy AMD servers that I am very aggressive trying to get decommisioned and onto the eternal IT scrap field....out of +5000 servers.
I am not in the mood for any more AMD servers, unless they can beat Intel in TCO and performance....we are not a charity.

The only reason anyone but the most irrational Nvidia/Intel haters care about Zen is in the hopes that Intel CPU's get a tiny bit cheaper.

I love me an AMD comeback story. I'm hoping for the best. I still have some Vishera chips in use. I have a Devil's Canyon build too, as well as a Sandy Bridge still knocking about. I like both manufacturers. I use an FX-8320E in my main rig, yeah it doesn't benchmark as high as an i7, but for what I use it for it works fine. I just hope that, for the love of God, they can make a decent Micro ATX board. There are 2 mATX AM3+ that are almost worth the $60 retail price tag, and they are nothing beyond being merely acceptable.

If they give me enough reason to upgrade my pled server I'd love to go with AMD , but I'm not buying any of the hype.

that had nothing to do with what I said lol. I said real benches of what? let me know when you have a zen based chip running at actual clocks of 3.2ghz and 3.5 turbo, please. I am happy to call it crap if it is crap. When did your response have anything to do with benches, there are none, all benches we have seen leaked seemed to from naples platform that is indeed in second half. I am asking for full blown benches ran to prove its a shit product if it is, so far no one knows. if it is shit it is shit and I will call it that lol.

shit I got everything intel, but tired of fanboys always declaring anything amd dead before it even launches. yea amd pr might be shit but that doesn't make a product priced right a bad product. Polaris wasn't bad at price point it launched, but people hyped it so fuckin much that it ended up looking bad and amd played a part in it too. But so far I have seen not too much hype from amd when it comes to zen, yea blender test may be a fail if zen actually is shit, but if it comes anywhere between 20% of intel its a success in my book if its priced the way rumors are turning out.

Last edited:
that had nothing to do with what I said lol. I said real benches of what? let me know when you have a zen based chip running at actual clocks of 3.2ghz and 3.5 turbo, please. I am happy to call it crap if it is crap. When did your response have anything to do with benches, there are none, all benches we have seen leaked seemed to from naples platform that is indeed in second half. I am asking for full blown benches ran to prove its a shit product if it is, so far no one knows. if it is shit it is shit and I will call it that lol.

shit I got everything intel, but tired of fanboys always declaring anything amd dead before it even launches. yea amd pr might be shit but that doesn't make a product priced right a bad product. Polaris wasn't bad at price point it launched, but people hyped it so fuckin much that it ended up looking bad and amd played a part in it too. But so far I have seen not too much hype from amd when it comes to zen, yea blender test may be a fail if zen actually is shit, but if it comes anywhere between 20% of intel its a success in my book if its priced the way rumors are turning out.

Note: Your junior high school called to let you know that your 6th grade English teacher died... and they are blaming you.

Note: Your junior high school called to let you know that your 6th grade English teacher died... and they are blaming you.

Good thing I have a degree in math I guess. Don't really give a fuck about my punctuations and shit in a forum. I'll type up a damn good research paper for you if you are grading, hope you can you comprehend some high level math. Peace! Don't judge a book by its cover..

Good thing I have a degree in math I guess. Don't really give a fuck about my punctuations and shit in a forum. I'll type up a damn good research paper for you if you are grading, hope you can you comprehend some high level math. Peace! Don't judge a book by its cover..

Now that... is a bit of an improvement. But still failing for a person of your purported intelligence.

But bring on the research paper: I love a good research paper.

Back