Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have several Discords up, run the hotstocks app, and run streetmerchant sending notifications to my phone via pushover. I could have purchased a 5600X or 5800X well over a dozen times in the past month. I've seen the 5800X sit in stock (and actually add to cart) for three whole minutes.

https://github.com/jef/streetmerchant

My feeling is AMD isn't building a lot of 5900X/5950X's because they can sell a 6-core CCX for $299 or an 8-core CCX for $449. Compare that to two 6 core CCX's in the 5900X for $549, plus the infinity fabric to connect 'em, or two 8-cores in the 5950X for $799. They're less profitable for AMD.

I think you are being a bit pessimistic. I think come January/February there will be too much inventory for scalpers to buy.
As long as they are successfully flipping it at a profit, they can buy all the inventory indefinitely - they can use the profit to increase their purchasing power to keep the artificial shortages in place. Where it becomes an issue for the scalpers is when people stop paying the inflated prices, and that only seems to be occurring on the 5800x

What's weird is we don't see a huge quantity of 5600x on kijiji here in Canada, there's like 10 top and they're so overpriced that I doubt they'l sell any.
There's just no stock , they seem to ship everywhere but here, there hasn't been a single 5000 serie CPU on Amazon Canada since launch. They're impossible to buy.

If Canada is like the US, the 5600X and 5800X are buyable, if you're hardcore about it, setup the stuff I put in my post, and pick up notifications at 4AM. The 5900X/5950X really, really, aren't.

I've got a distill running all the time checking for 5600x and 5800x. I managed to actually grab a 5800x from Amazon.com , the import fees are kinda crazy but at this point I just want to finish my build, I doubt it'll ship soon so maybe I'll be able to get something local before and cancel it... we'll see.

I have several Discords up, run the hotstocks app, and run streetmerchant sending notifications to my phone via pushover. I could have purchased a 5600X or 5800X well over a dozen times in the past month. I've seen the 5800X sit in stock (and actually add to cart) for three whole minutes.

https://github.com/jef/streetmerchant

My feeling is AMD isn't building a lot of 5900X/5950X's because they can sell a 6-core CCX for $299 or an 8-core CCX for $449. Compare that to two 6 core CCX's in the 5900X for $549, plus the infinity fabric to connect 'em, or two 8-cores in the 5950X for $799. They're less profitable for AMD.
Not sure how to use that, any step by step process ?

The 5800x was in stock on Amazon for several hours today. I think this bodes well compared to 30 second "IN STOCK" times we're used to seeing.

Actually ANT ONLINE has the 5800x still in stock right now for

$479.98

Sooooo after hours and hours of sitting at my PC and watching stock alerts, I GOT ONE!! I mean 3 5950 X's! It was crazy.... I was spamming Newegg and didn't even know the ones I picked were added. I'm so happy and so glad I can delete all these stock alert crap. Anyway, Just FYI- was going to return the 2 back to Newegg, but if any of u guys are interested, look up my post in the "for sale thread" I'm not a scalper and as u can see i've been lurking [H] for a long time and would like to help any of my fellow peeps out. Good luck with your purchases fellas!

Sooooo after hours and hours of sitting at my PC and watching stock alerts, I GOT ONE!! I mean 3 5950 X's! It was crazy.... I was spamming Newegg and didn't even know the ones I picked were added. I'm so happy and so glad I can delete all these stock alert crap. Anyway, Just FYI- was going to return the 2 back to Newegg, but if any of u guys are interested, look up my post in the "for sale thread" I'm not a scalper and as u can see i've been lurking [H] for a long time and would like to help any of my fellow peeps out. Good luck with your purchases fellas!
I think I got the same alerts this afternoon but there were no add to cart buttons on anything when I looked. Are you sure they're going to go through with the sale? I thought there was a limitation on how many you could buy.

Also if what they're saying about the combos now is true purchasing from Newegg is an extra pain in the butt. Paying shipping on stuff from the combo is bad enough but now supposedly they're not letting you return the stuff you don't want out of the combo. I did this on an RTX 3080 I got a few weeks back. Is there an option on your order to return any of the items? Not even sure if that option shows until you've received all the items.

I think I got the same alerts this afternoon but there were no add to cart buttons on anything when I looked. Are you sure they're going to go through with the sale? I thought there was a limitation on how many you could buy.

Also if what they're saying about the combos now is true purchasing from Newegg is an extra pain in the butt. Paying shipping on stuff from the combo is bad enough but now supposedly they're not letting you return the stuff you don't want out of the combo. I did this on an RTX 3080 I got a few weeks back. Is there an option on your order to return any of the items? Not even sure if that option shows until you've received all the items.

I think the limits are if u are buying individually. Yeah, Newegg is pretty lame to add bundles for crap they want to get rid of but it is what it is and supply and demand, etc....

I think the limits are if u are buying individually. Yeah, Newegg is pretty lame to add bundles for crap they want to get rid of but it is what it is and supply and demand, etc....
You made it sound like you ordered three at once. It seems like that's when the rule would apply. Not that I've ever looked into it but it seems crazy that all you have to do is place multiple orders to get around there no more than one or two per customer rules but nothing surprises me anymore.

You made it sound like you ordered three at once. It seems like that's when the rule would apply. Not that I've ever looked into it but it seems crazy that all you have to do is place multiple orders to get around there no more than one or two per customer rules but nothing surprises me anymore.
Newegg has been canceling duplicate orders. But it sounds like Island got 3 orders of 3 different combos so Newegg didn’t catch them as “duplicates” or quantities exceeding 1 despite the item of interest being the 5950X.

Yes it was 3 different sku's. One single 5950X, and the other 2 were combo's. There's actually a really slick way to get this stuff if u search online. No bots or any other stupid crap. Hope u guys have a merry Xmas!

Newegg has been canceling duplicate orders. But it sounds like Island got 3 orders of 3 different combos so Newegg didn’t catch them as “duplicates” or quantities exceeding 1 despite the item of interest being the 5950X.
It was actually just one order. States it's packaging now so order went through without any issues

I'm interested!! Will check the other thread

There is an engineering sample on eBay, Ontario near me. Do you think there might be any issue with it ?

Man, these cpus are in serious demand. Yesterday I saw that Tustin MC had 25+ of the 5600x and 5800x, and today they are all gone.

I placed my B&H pre-order for 5900x on 12/5 @ 12:21am EST. My order shipped today!! YAASSSSSS! So anybody else who placed a pre-order on B&H before i did, should be shipping out today or soon! Check your B&H pre-orders boys!

Attachments

• b&h shipped.JPG
    b&h shipped.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 0
  • BH cpu order.JPG
    BH cpu order.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 0
I placed my B&H pre-order for 5900x on 12/5 @ 12:21am EST. My order shipped today!! YAASSSSSS! So anybody else who placed a pre-order on B&H before i did, should be shipping out today or soon! Check your B&H pre-orders boys!
So is that like 21 minutes after they started taking orders. I forget I think mine was 40 minutes after they started taking orders or 10:40 p.m. PST?

They sent me an email saying that it was no longer going to be by the 21st of December but sometime in the new year for a 5950x.

So is that like 21 minutes after they started taking orders. I forget I think mine was 40 minutes after they started taking orders or 10:40 p.m. PST?

They sent me an email saying that it was no longer going to be by the 21st of December but sometime in the new year for a 5950x.
I used "Gear in Stock" Telegram channel. I got a notification @ 12:05 EST and ordered ASAP. I got a follow up email stating my order will be sihipped by Dec 21. I didnt get anymore emails after that. Heres a helpful video that gives you an idea of how many chips the retailers will be getting in the month of Dec. Skip to 3:02

Attachments

• gear in stock.JPG
    gear in stock.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I placed my B&H pre-order for 5900x on 12/5 @ 12:21am EST. My order shipped today!! YAASSSSSS! So anybody else who placed a pre-order on B&H before i did, should be shipping out today or soon! Check your B&H pre-orders 5900x boys!
5900x @ 12:40am EST and I was told sometime after new year :-( Still says Backordered.

KickAssCop very nice looking build. (y) I'm building two similar builds for my kids (5900x/x570 tomahawk/TUF OC 3080). However I'm still wating for CPUs from B&H :-( . How are temps?

Temps are horrible if you run PBO on auto. I have PBO enabled, IF at 1866, RAM at 3733, Volts at 1.25 and this is what temps look like in BOCW which is the most CPU intensive game I am playing right now. Other games don't break 70 C. With auto volts it was running at 83 C even.
temps-5900x.jpg

Back