Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went from an 8700 and 1080 to the current rig and it's been pretty amazing. I like the3+ year jumps as I can feel a significant performance jump. Prior to the 8700 I was actually running the oldie but goodie 2600K, that CPU lasted me a very long time come to think of it.

Same for me, prior to my 8700 I had a 2500k and the jump was solid. 3 year jumps seem good.

Same for me, prior to my 8700 I had a 2500k and the jump was solid. 3 year jumps seem good.
Whoa, we're like generational brothers!

I actually was fortunate enough to get the 5800x through Best Buy during launch after striking out on the 5900x everywhere else. Since I had my mind set on the 5900x plus the minimal $100 price difference for it gave me a bit of buyer's remorse. It was basically hype over patience. I was lucky enough the second time around to catch a restock on Newegg for the 5900x and purchased it. The 5800x is with a new owner and I'm content with the 5900x. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the 5800x, it's a good chip but priced kind of weird where $100 gives you the 5900x and the 5600x does similar things for gaming at a lower price point.

PS: Also weird stating that I'm feeling lucky to be able to spend money...damn bots and 1st world problems.

Amazon does that. I had like a two month wait when I ordered my red devil. It took less than two weeks.

still waiting on 5900x restock so I can cancel the 5950x order.

Amazon does that. I had like a two month wait when I ordered my red devil. It took less than two weeks.

still waiting on 5900x restock so I can cancel the 5950x order.
I've had the same experience with everything that I can think of from Amazon that said "buy now, available on X date". It always comes in sooner than expected.

Speaking of Amazon, looking like a lot of people are getting new CPUs as their X570 board selection (Direct from Amazon) is slim to none, wow!

My microcenter yesterday had 50 something 5900x and had 23 today. I missed out narrowly both days. Hope they keep shipping them this week.

Just got an update from amazon that my 5900x which was originally scheduled to arrive January 19th will now be delivered December 1st! I ordered it on the 22nd.

Just got an update from amazon that my 5900x which was originally scheduled to arrive January 19th will now be delivered December 1st! I ordered it on the 22nd.
I wonder if there are a lot of people ordering and then cancelling orders?

I still can't get my hands on a 5600X, or even pre-order one. Even worse, the Corsair SFX 750 PSU is also sold out, as is the Samsung 980 pro SSD, and the 3090.. I can't buy literally any of the parts I want. Wonder how long before stock starts to improve? Gonna be some time before I actually get my hands on the new workstation..

Last edited:
my 5900x order from amazon started mid jan, then moved to dec now it was just updated again for nov 27.

I’m going to cancel my 5950 if I can get a 5900
4B6B0FF5-6C74-4BCD-AC5E-559C0E58E023.jpeg

Looks like I’m keeping it

I still can't get my hands on a 5600X, or even pre-order one. Even worse, the Corsair SFX 750 PSU is also sold out, as is the Samsung 980 pro SSD, and the 3090.. I can't buy literally any of the parts I want. Wonder how long before stock starts to improve? Gonna be some time before I actually get my hands on the new workstation..
980pro in stock at Newegg in all capacities. I'm watching that one too but looking for a price drop on Friday

Or sell it to me? lol

I cancelled my Amazon 5800X because I'd prefer the 5900X or 5950X.
It seems like people are still buying them from scalpers off of eBay. :( As if these processors are expensive enough already!

Or sell it to me? lol

I cancelled my Amazon 5800X because I'd prefer the 5900X or 5950X.
I don’t feel comfortable selling an 800 item on the internet. It’s one thing to get burned for a hundo or two, but not eight.

not to say you’d burn me, just in general.

just got off chat with B&H for the order for two 5900x. I received Dec 21ETA email about 2 weeks ago. Today I was told they expect to fill my order the first quarter of 2021. Hopefully January. FECK....

i ordered my 5950x from amazon on the 23rd and it said said dec 14-15. i got tracking for it yesterday, it will be here on friday. thanksgiving is making me wait another day.

i ordered my 5950x from amazon on the 23rd and it said said dec 14-15. i got tracking for it yesterday, it will be here on friday. thanksgiving is making me wait another day.
crazy, I ordered mine on the 21st and still shows dec 4-15.

just got off chat with B&H for the order for two 5900x. I received Dec 21ETA email about 2 weeks ago. Today I was told they expect to fill my order the first quarter of 2021. Hopefully January. FECK....
I havent got any emails from B&H but them pushing your date farther does not give me positive thoughts :/

NE just had a drop on 5900x combos. I almost got one with cheap 8gb stick of memory for $574. The combos are stupid and make no damn sense. They just trying to get rid of inventory that is just sitting.

Too many folks watching now I think. I never even got an add to cart button the page just showed the CPU and description with no out of stock tag but also no add to cart button. And then went to out of stock.

Last edited:
1tb 980 pro is in stock on Amazon right now for $229.

SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 Internal Gaming SSD M.2 (MZ-V8P500B) Amazon product ASIN B08GL575DB

I ended up ordering a 5800x from ant online. They had them in stock yesterday for a while with limit 1 per customer.

I have a 3900x and I don’t use it for work. It’s for fun and gaming. I wanted a 5950x but hey can always order one next year for bragging rights but won’t matter in gaming.

For gaming I figure I would rather spend that 350 towards the GPU and up my GPU to 6900xt whenever I can grab one. I do believe amd will have good stock on that given it’s launching later and also it’s not much of a die difference and making them shit load more profit.

Either way I won’t shy away from grabbing 6800xt if I see that lol.

But 5800x made sense for gaming and fun stuff and I didn’t pay tax either.

On to GPU now.

I've got a 5600x secured, got tempted for 5800x, really want 5900x. Thinking I will build the 5600x and go 5900x next year when stock is more available.

980pro in stock at Newegg in all capacities. I'm watching that one too but looking for a price drop on Friday
I got one the beginning of november for an x570 board 1TB model to be precise - while benchmarks are nice and all, not noticing a tangible difference from my 970 evo plus model I have the os and some games installed on. If game devs ever start to design around pcie4, it would make a difference but it might just be a hacked on version ported from the consoles. If you're using it for media editing, then power to ya. I noticed it did slightly improve my experience in Adobe Premiere Pro when working with larger 4k video flies.

For the price premium, I don't think its worth it right now unless you're heavily video editing regularly. The 970 exo plus is a hell of a drive.

Got all warm and fuzzy when i saw the 5900x/x570 crosshair combo in stock at doucheegg today! The the proc AND the mb i want in stock!?! Already have the psu in my cart! Visions of a nice leisurely winter build floating around in my head i franticly hit the...Aaaaaand it instantly goes to auto notify. Hahahahaha. So so cruel. So fuck it. Im done. Until i can walk into MicroCenter and actually touch the mfers im done playin the game this round. Probably next spring sometime, maybe ill try again.
I guess the old lady wins. Ill be building a new bathroom rather than playing with a new rig... joy.

I've got a 5600x secured, got tempted for 5800x, really want 5900x. Thinking I will build the 5600x and go 5900x next year when stock is more available.

Yea. I found 5800x yesterday instock on ant online. Went with it. Wanted 5950x. But it’s more for felling good and bragging right lol. So I figure that can wait till next year so I don’t have to chase it and stress about it. I can always grab the bad boy next year.

Looks the the Microcenter in Rockville got a load of CPU's. Showing 25+ 5800x in stock right now

5800x really seems to be sweet spot for amd. Looks like they are able to pump them out quick. While building inventory on the glued dies lol.

Back