Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I received my 5800X today...UPS delivered it a day early...I'm still deciding between buying an NVMe vs using my current Samsung 860 EVO...and also need to buy 5 new case fans before I start my build
NVMe drives are incredibly fast. And it's a great week to snatch one up. :)

Samsung 970 EVO Plus is what I'm using for my main drive.

Crystal Disk readout on this drive:

1606164802231.png

Compare that with your SSD. :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
NVMe drives are incredibly fast. And it's a great week to snatch one up. :)

they're fast but the difference in loading times in games are not really all that much different compared to a good SATA SSD like my Samsung 860 EVO...maybe 2-3 seconds...if you're doing video editing or constantly moving around a bunch of large files that's different

if the Samsung 980 Pro or WD SN850 PCIe 4.0 drives go on sale this week I might pick one up

Last edited:
Just checked the website, and it says sold out again. Guess they didn't last too long, even in store.
Their website hasn't been updating on high ticket items. At least my MC doesn't. Everything been listed sold out for weeks now.

They had around 5x 3080 and 1x RX6800 today!
Dang I would have picked up a 3080. Went to the wrong MC this morning it looks like. I'll be going again tomorrow morning and Wednesday too.. now I don't know which one to go to! You'd think with two Micro Centers in Chicago the extra choice would be good, but now you don't know which is the wrong choice!

But I think they should offer something to long time customers too. :) I've been a customer for at least 10 years now.
Yes, like let us just place an flippin' order and get in line. Don't treat us like animals.

I will buy it from you :D I have been in struggle since the day before launch trying to get one. Sucks to not have any good local stores here for sure
Even if you had local stores they'd be sold out. As is the case with the two Micro Centers in the Chicago area.. they get shipments but unless you arrive at 2AM to be one of the first in line on a lucky week day when their shipment arrives, they'll be sold out

Instead of F5ing from the comfort of your home, you're sitting outside for hours and hours only to find out no shipment is arriving that day and you spent all night camping for nothing, or just a couple arrived and the people in front of you are all there for both GPU and CPU lol

I used and his respective discord, for notifications. Managed to snag one off Best Buy online this way

Even if you had local stores they'd be sold out. As is the case with the two Micro Centers in the Chicago area.. they get shipments but unless you arrive at 2AM to be one of the first in line on a lucky week day when their shipment arrives, they'll be sold out

Instead of F5ing from the comfort of your home, you're sitting outside for hours and hours only to find out no shipment is arriving that day and you spent all night camping for nothing, or just a couple arrived and the people in front of you are all there for both GPU and CPU lol

I used and his respective discord, for notifications. Managed to snag one off Best Buy online this way

Yeah I would have had the chance of doing the line...I didn't here :/ But yeah no guarantees either way :D

It says arriving dec 14-15
Interesting, they must be getting the 5950's in sooner than the 5900's. I got lucky and ordered a 5900x from amazon Sunday (22nd) and my arriving date is showing Jan. 19th.

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
It's encouraging to see some inventory trickling in and expected ship dates getting bumped up, I was starting to think I should start trying to get one on pre-order even though I don't expect an update for my motherboard until late Jan.

Thanks, but I'm not a new customer and using a new email address to act like I am is wrong. Even if it would save me $100.

But I think they should offer something to long time customers too. :) I've been a customer for at least 10 years now.
They keep sending me a 10% off code because I haven't bought anything for a while. Are you signed up to get their emails?

It's encouraging to see some inventory trickling in and expected ship dates getting bumped up, I was starting to think I should start trying to get one on pre-order even though I don't expect an update for my motherboard until late Jan.

They keep sending me a 10% off code because I haven't bought anything for a while. Are you signed up to get their emails?
I have been ordering from newegg since like 2001-2002 or something like that.. I have never received a 10 percent off code.

I have been ordering from newegg since like 2001-2002 or something like that.. I have never received a 10 percent off code.
I was mistaken the latest is $10 off not 10% which isn't that great for something like this, I think the earlier ones were 10% but they're long gone so I'm not sure.

Mainly I just found it amusing that they were lamenting no discount for long term customers when they've been hounding me with a "we miss you" discount for months. They've been sending me an email with a new code every month or so since early summer and reminders of it at the top of all the other emails so I figured they were sending them to all old customers that hadn't ordered anything in a few months.
Clipboard01.jpg

Just installed my new 5800 tonight and boy this thing cooks literally. Be prepared for thermal shock. 280mm AIO is barely enough to keep it under 90C during cinebench R20 all core run at 4.65Ghz 1.237v. RDR2 runs buttery smooth now too😁.

Yes I get their emails. At least one a day. Most I never open.

I'll be putting a 5950x under a 280mm AIO so I'm hoping thermal shock isn't a problem lol. Results seem all over the place at this point from what I've read. May need to bump up my fan speeds. I guess temps on games and general use are not anywhere near what you see with cinebench passes.

I'll be putting a 5950x under a 280mm AIO so I'm hoping thermal shock isn't a problem lol. Results seem all over the place at this point from what I've read. May need to bump up my fan speeds. I guess temps on games and general use are not anywhere near what you see with cinebench passes.
I'm using a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 currently along with three very large case fans (I don't remember the size). I'm hoping it suffices for a 5950X under full load for rendering (which is the only way I'd max it out for close to extended time).

I'll be coming from an 8700k and a 2080ti in a small form factor case. I'm used to the thermal shock :)
I went from an 8700 and 1080 to the current rig and it's been pretty amazing. I like the3+ year jumps as I can feel a significant performance jump. Prior to the 8700 I was actually running the oldie but goodie 2600K, that CPU lasted me a very long time come to think of it.

The 5800X I ordered from Amazon on 11-21 had the ship date moved from Jan 7-17 to Dec 22-Jan 2 to Dec 2-12 to Dec 1. Looks like AMD is doing better than anticipated in getting stock shipped.

Back