Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe some hope from my new chat just now with B&H???

"
  • your order will be filled in early to mid December
    Ken K

• Can you tell me where you got that info from? Because I ask a "higher" rep and he was not aware of ANY shipments that early
    12:12 PM

• that would make me happy if you are correct 😀

• we just got more info from amd recently"
BTW..I ordered 10minutes after they opened the pre-order

"
    Ken K

• Can you tell me where you got that info from? Because I ask a "higher" rep and he was not aware of ANY shipments that early

I had one in like 30min later for a 5950x and got the by Dec 21st email.

"
    Ken K

Hopefully someone gets one. Looks like I'll be waiting until March. What time did you submit this order?

The confirmation mail from my B&H pre-order for a 5900X was at 10:55PM Pacific on 11/4 (so 1:55AM Eastern time on 11/5). I got the "January to March" email update on 11/10. We should probably separate out B&H pre-orders by CPU to avoid confusion. I'd guess that anyone who hasn't gotten an email about delayed fulfillment is likely going to get theirs sooner than the rest of us who have gotten those emails.

The confirmation mail from my B&H pre-order for a 5900X was at 10:55PM Pacific on 11/4 (so 1:55AM Eastern time on 11/5). I got the "January to March" email update on 11/10. We should probably separate out B&H pre-orders by CPU to avoid confusion. I'd guess that anyone who hasn't gotten an email about delayed fulfillment is likely going to get theirs sooner than the rest of us who have gotten those emails.
Good point. Mine was for 5950x and pre-order email came in on Nov 4, 10:10 PM MST (so 12:10AM Eastern). Never got an ETA email..up to this moment.

Looks like no one will be able to get any zen 3 until zen 4 is launched.

Looks like no one will be able to get any zen 3 until zen 4 is launched.
Not really. MLID already has high level sources that confirmed there will be close to a million zen 3 chips shipped by end of Q4. it will ramp up hard by end of November. And between 100-200k RDNA 2 chips in Q4 and way more in Q1.

Not really. MLID already has high level sources that confirmed there will be close to a million zen 3 chips shipped by end of Q4. it will ramp up hard by end of November. And between 100-200k RDNA 2 chips in Q4 and way more in Q1.
That's good news!! I really expected some to pop up on NewEgg today, but so far I haven't seen any.

With all the regular hype around Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I think it'd really suck if things were looking as bad then as they are now!

Last edited:
I have not seen a 5900x available other than launch day, which were eaten by bots. I had one in my cart...but could not survive a clean check out. I was hoping to have a new cpu and gpu before Cyberpunk, that seems doubtful. Hopefully we I can grab a 6800xt on launch.

That's good news!! I really expected some to pop up on NewEgg today, but so far I haven't seen any.

With all the regular hype around Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I think it'd really suck if things were looking as bad then as they are now!

I think you will probably see bigger stock hit towards end of month. I am sure AMD wants to sell as many as they can. I am sure you will be able to grab one this holiday season. I am trying to do the same. I was leaning towards going all out on 5950x but I am not sure if I really need it. 3900x has served me well so might be good upgrade. I am not doing anything that will demand more then 12 cores. At this point its whatever I find first I guess lol. Either or will work for me.

I think you will probably see bigger stock hit towards end of month. I am sure AMD wants to sell as many as they can. I am sure you will be able to grab one this holiday season. I am trying to do the same. I was leaning towards going all out on 5950x but I am not sure if I really need it. 3900x has served me well so might be good upgrade. I am not doing anything that will demand more then 12 cores. At this point its whatever I find first I guess lol. Either or will work for me.
I'm using a 2700x right now.

I was originally aiming for a 5950x ... but if a 5900x shows up first I'll jump on it. If both become available at once .... I'll probably go for a 5950x and be good in processing power for 5+ years. :)

I'm using a 2700x right now.

I was originally aiming for a 5950x ... but if a 5900x shows up first I'll jump on it. If both become available at once .... I'll probably go for a 5950x and be good in processing power for 5+ years. :)

same here. Only time i pick up the 5900x is if it shows up first. If I get 5950x first or they are both available. I will just find extra 250 for it lol.

Thanks, just ordered mine, though its a markup from retail. Ended up being $642 after tax

yeah, 50 dollar markup.. hopefully they are actually in stock, else I will just cancel mine.
I hope so too, they did say on the page they are in stock and will usually ship same business day. I'm also surprised the buy button is still up, usually by now they would be sold out by all the bots.

I hope so too, they did say on the page they are in stock and will usually ship same business day. I'm also surprised the buy button is still up, usually by now they would be sold out by all the bots.
Yeah, it has gone from in stock to out of stock a few times I have noticed.. newegg and microcenter all got stock today.. so maybe they got a decent amount.. but by now you would think they have sold TONS.. so I do not have my hopes up it will ship soon.

yeah that gives me a bad feeling that it may not be in stock at all..we shall see.

Yeah, it has gone from in stock to out of stock a few times I have noticed.. newegg and microcenter all got stock today.. so maybe they got a decent amount.. but by now you would think they have sold TONS.. so I do not have my hopes up it will ship soon.
How do you know NewEgg got stock? I've been refreshing the page every 60 seconds all day on the 5900x and 5950x with no change in stock.

How do you know NewEgg got stock? I've been refreshing the page every 60 seconds all day on the 5900x and 5950x with no change in stock.
They were in and out of stock (like instantly) a little bit ago for 5800s and 5600s. Not sure about 5900s.

here is my invoice I just got email from them order was accepted. Payed through paypal so they took my money already. Hopefully I won't get another email telling me its back ordered.

Attachments

• cpu order1.jpg
    cpu order1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
here is my invoice I just got email from them order was accepted. Payed through paypal so they took my money already. Hopefully I won't get another email telling me its back ordered.
Is yours showing this status?

Order Status:Reg Order Process - Credit Card Verification Done. Your order is in process at our warehouse.
Payment Method:Pay Pal

Order Status:Reg Order Process - Credit Card Verification Done. Your order is in process at our warehouse.
yes exactly what im seeing when checking order status.

I had this too then it changed to saying its pending review

If someone in Bay Area around Sunnyvale wants a 5600x with no markup - pm me, have one extra.

did you pay with paypal or regular credit card?
I know you werent asking me but I ended up with 2 orders one with Paypal and one the 2nd one a few minutes after) with CC and both are still on the same process at our warehouse message

same thing here, if its still showing pending review tomorrow morning, I will give them a call and see what they say.

Thanks! Last time I ordered from tigerdirect I seriously regretted it and swore I'd never buy from them again.

Note the support URL listed under the warranty tab.
It's coming back to me what they did last time I ordered through them. They oversold something ... and it wasn't something like the best desktop processor that money can buy (if you can find it).

The bot got an order in last night while I was sleeping for a 5800X. Shipping on January 4th, Amazon. :(

I cancelled my order for a 5600X that was set to ship on Dec 4th. Another month of waiting for 2 more cores. Oh well. At least I have an order in at this point. Unless something else comes up and a drop hits while I'm not working to take advantage of it, then waiting is my only option now.

The bot got an order in last night while I was sleeping for a 5800X. Shipping on January 4th, Amazon. :(

I cancelled my order for a 5600X that was set to ship on Dec 4th. Another month of waiting for 2 more cores. Oh well. At least I have an order in at this point. Unless something else comes up and a drop hits while I'm not working to take advantage of it, then waiting is my only option now.
Can you share details on this bot? :)

doox00 Thank you for the link I decided to throw my hat in the cage with the tiger. It's been years since I last ordered with them, before they changed their business model, will be interesting to see if they process my order. When I first ordered with them I had found their advertisement in the back of PC Computing, back in the days of 486 CPUs being new. My account only shows an invoice from 2014 so I guess all the older items, I purchased over the phone with one of their catalogs.​

Back