Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll take a pretty massive drop to catch up on demand, b&h for instance has back orders out through march for crying out loud lol

The 3000 series launch may be worse yet, since we were told it would be november when we started to see better shipments. I still see people flat out unable to get one and it's middle of november now.

I'll 'settle' for a 5800x though, if I can get one. I'd prefer a 5900x but am not going to be disappointed if I end up with an 8 core model.

I'm holding out for a 5950x here. I saw them briefly available on Amazon a day or two ago for "pre-order" available on Dec 6th. However, like others have experienced, no matter how I tried it wouldn't go into my cart.

I have yet to see one on NewEgg.

So upset that I missed launch day when there was a legit chance to score a 5800x from what I understand. It was actually possible to add to cart and check out for a full 5 minutes. That window of opportunity is long gone now, and I can't sit in front of the PC spamming F5 and camping discord all day.

Sigh.
Not for me it was not. Did AMD, Newegg and Best Buy. Only had a few seconds to get anything other than a 5600x. I you only went for a 5800x from the start maybe but I was unable to get a cart out on anything but a 5600x. Amazon was around but you had to have the direct pages. I was never able to search for a 5000 at all.

Not for me it was not. Did AMD, Newegg and Best Buy. Only had a few seconds to get anything other than a 5600x. I you only went for a 5800x from the start maybe but I was unable to get a cart out on anything but a 5600x. Amazon was around but you had to have the direct pages. I was never able to search for a 5000 at all.
That's what happened to me on Amazon. I was trying for a 5900X and of course it didn't find anything when I searched. But as dumb luck would have it, at the bottom of the page it has the "related searches" items. There was one for the 5950X, and whomever had searched it must have had the direct link cause it took me to the page for the 5950X. That's when I said f-it, I'm going to try adding the 5950X to my cart. It worked and 2 clicks later I had it purchased. Went back to try and find the 5900X afterwards, but by the time I did, it was unavailable.

That's what happened to me on Amazon. I was trying for a 5900X and of course it didn't find anything when I searched. But as dumb luck would have it, at the bottom of the page it has the "related searches" items. There was one for the 5950X, and whomever had searched it must have had the direct link cause it took me to the page for the 5950X. That's when I said f-it, I'm going to try adding the 5950X to my cart. It worked and 2 clicks later I had it purchased. Went back to try and find the 5900X afterwards, but by the time I did, it was unavailable.
Fortunate you are. It took me a number of days to find a direct link to the 5950x. Of course, by then it was too late.

I also found, a few days after the fact, that NewEgg told someone when they'd open up for sales, and that they had a very limited supply. Would have been nice to know that info beforehand!

Fortunate you are. It took me a number of days to find a direct link to the 5950x. Of course, by then it was too late.

I also found, a few days after the fact, that NewEgg told someone when they'd open up for sales, and that they had a very limited supply. Would have been nice to know that info beforehand!
What pissed me off about newegg is how they gave instructions on their Twitter account then did something totally different :/
I had one AMD that did not complete after I checked out and one on Amazon that did not add to the cart. Those have been my 2 best chances but failed

What pissed me off about newegg is how they gave instructions on their Twitter account then did something totally different :/
I had one AMD that did not complete after I checked out and one on Amazon that did not add to the cart. Those have been my 2 best chances but failed
For the next 2 days after the launch, Newegg kept sending me reminders that I'd left the 5900X that I had tried to purchase in my cart, except it wasn't there... and never was. Assholes.

1605291221457.png

Whoops. I guess every 32 seconds was too often.

Seems there's been a shitload of small drops of 5600x on Amazon. Managed to snag one today with estimated delivery Dec 7th. Still lookout out for a 5900x though.

1605302791088.png

Just popped but couldn't even get one in the cart. Look at the date...

Same here...slow trigger finger...sigh.
Using the Amazon app seems to be faster since if you get errors during add to cart, it just pops up a window you can immediately tap away. Rinse repeat until you maybe get it in your cart to checkout.

Using the Amazon app seems to be faster since if you get errors during add to cart, it just pops up a window you can immediately tap away. Rinse repeat until you maybe get it in your cart to checkout.
Thanks, I'll try that if it ever comes up again soon. I may just go with the 3900x and then switch out in May. I'm coming from a 1800x, so anything is an upgrade.

Dang, just missed out on the small restock on Newegg...had the 5900x in my cart too!

Dang, just missed out on the small restock on Newegg...had the 5900x in my cart too!
Wow, that didn't last very long. I have my browser plugin set to refresh every 90 seconds and alert if it's switched from out of stock. And it never triggered. :(

Wow, that didn't last very long. I have my browser plugin set to refresh every 90 seconds and alert if it's switched from out of stock. And it never triggered. :(
Whoa. I just saw the 5600x restocking and checked on the 5900x but Newegg's janky double login procedure owned me. Cart jacked by bots or hopefully non scalper user, hehe.

I was of course, working, when all this happend. When I did get to the computer, 5800x on NE showed as in stock but it refused to allow add to cart and kept erroring every time in the web browser.

Amazon hasn't had anything the bot caught at all today, and it's constantly checking for 5800/5900/5950x.

Looking pretty doubtful I'll be able to get what I'm after until well into next year at this point. Definitely toning down my expectations for 6800 launch day too, as in almost certainly not getting one.

^^^
Keep at it.I check a handful of times a day.Lucked out at the egg with no bot and cc purchase.Amazon stocked 5600x off and on all day today and occasionally 5950x& 5900x.

That’s a ton of mb for a 5600x. Are you planning on going 5900x/5950x?

mill take your 5600x!
I'd probably have gone with a simpler board but I really like the idea of no fan and the best quality VRM. Also the 5600X is just as fast as all the other ones in 99.9% of the stuff I'm going to do. If you do a lot of transcoding or a lot of zipping and unzipping files or maybe some actual for money (work) 3D rendering then more cores are great and as I've said before I did want and still do want one (5950x) even though there's really no reason for it. Once in a great while when I want to transcode a video or zipper unzip files it'll be 30-40% faster but is that worth twice or three times the price?

I'd probably have gone with a simpler board but I really like the idea of no fan and the best quality VRM. Also the 5600X is just as fast as all the other ones in 99.9% of the stuff I'm going to do. If you do a lot of transcoding or a lot of zipping and unzipping files or maybe some actual for money (work) 3D rendering then more cores are great and as I've said before I did want and still do want one (5950x) even though there's really no reason for it. Once in a great while when I want to transcode a video or zipper unzip files it'll be 30-40% faster but is that worth twice or three times the price?
Re VRM, I'm looking at the MSI MEG X570 UNIFY board. Seems to have decent VRM from what I've read. I'm looking for input on your thoughts on the board? I can probably afford a little bit bit more, but that Aorus Extreme is out of my range. :)

Thanks!

Re VRM, I'm looking at the MSI MEG X570 UNIFY board. Seems to have decent VRM from what I've read. I'm looking for input on your thoughts on the board? I can probably afford a little bit bit more, but that Aorus Extreme is out of my range. :)

Thanks!
Yeah you just have to look for any of the reviews you can find on the different boards, there's just too many of them. The extreme wasn't that expensive but I found one of the last few drops on Amazon The first one was a couple of weeks out and when mine was shipped there was another one I don't know if there's been more but I know the board is supposed to be out of production now. Any of the other places I saw it listed where yeah nuts, like above $1,000.

I've been trying to find a 5900x since launch. I think we can all agree all new tech will be bot owned early on online.

Ragging on nvidia and amd that they are paper launches this year is dumb. The demand is just way too high

I've been trying to find a 5900x since launch. I think we can all agree all new tech will be bot owned early on online.

Ragging on nvidia and amd that they are paper launches this year is dumb. The demand is just way too high

I don't see how any manufacturer of popular electronics could make it this deep into 2020 and not set up some sort of sane pre-order system.

Apple doesn't do everything great, but just compare the rollout of their new iPhone to any other popular electronics released this year and it makes Sony, Microsoft, nVidia, and AMD look like a clown show.

It's 2020. It's not hard to set up a system to get your stuff in the hands of unique consumers and not people running bots, even given the constraints of 2020 global manufacturing and shipping.

You just make a list and go in order????? What am I missing. Are the relationships these companies have with their traditional retail partners really more important than the relationships they have with consumers?

Lined up at MC today because I saw they had a 5950x and 5800x. They only had like 1-2 of each. I did grab a 5600x since and other things since I might as well if I had to line up. Probably going to build my father a new rig with the 5600x.

After re-watching the HU review for the 5600X, it makes a strong case for a gaming and general use. There were only a couple games that benefited from higher core count and even then if you're running 4k it will probably nullify most if not all of that advantage on those higher core count parts.

It seems as well, that it handily beats down the 3950X even in the games that did show a benefit from the higher core count. To me that seems very impressive.

The amazon bot is still running trying to get a 5800/5900/5950 but at this point I may need to rethink whether I want to essentially throw money away for one of those parts.

After re-watching the HU review for the 5600X, it makes a strong case for a gaming and general use. There were only a couple games that benefited from higher core count and even then if you're running 4k it will probably nullify most if not all of that advantage on those higher core count parts.

It seems as well, that it handily beats down the 3950X even in the games that did show a benefit from the higher core count. To me that seems very impressive.

The amazon bot is still running trying to get a 5800/5900/5950 but at this point I may need to rethink whether I want to essentially throw money away for one of those parts.
Gaming performance is pretty close, but I think what you end up buying depends on how long you want to keep it. 5000 series is last of AM4 I think, I doubt the new 6000 series is going to go into X570 boards. I usually keep my processors for 4 and GPU for 2-3. So I definitely want a 5900x or 5950x.

Add to this some store employees scam..... yesterday (I'm in Canada) I had a chance to grab two 5800x from local store (and online), instead I shared this with others on reddit who were able to buy them. I rather wait an extra month or so and get what I want.

Gaming performance is pretty close, but I think what you end up buying depends on how long you want to keep it. 5000 series is last of AM4 I think, I doubt the new 6000 series is going to go into X570 boards. I usually keep my processors for 4 and GPU for 2-3. So I definitely want a 5900x or 5950x.
I'm thinking the same. Since I'm planning to keep PC for +5 years with mid-cycle GPU upgrade I'm willing to wait for 5900x. I still believe 5600x and 5800x (a little overpriced) are great buys! :) If my wait/hunting for 5900x turns into 2021, I will buy 5600x (If that will be avaiable).

I'm thinking the same. Since I'm planning to keep PC for +5 years with mid-cycle GPU upgrade I'm willing to wait for 5900x. I still believe 5600x and 5800x (a little overpriced) are great buys! :) If my wait/hunting for 5900x turns into 2021, I will buy 5600x (If that will be avaiable).
Seems like the 5600x and 5800x are getting stocked every few days. 5900x seems non existent even more so than the 5950x. I've been monitoring MC here in houston and the 5900x almost never shows up but the 5950x does. 5600x is really quite easy to get, everytime I've been to MC to pick up things its in stock.
EDIT: For me I am going to give it another week to find a 5900x if not Ill just chug along on the 3600 until BH fills my 5900x or 5950x pre order (whichever comes first).

I have not seen any in stock other than launch day here at the Sharonville OH Microcenter. This is on their web store though. I’m wondering if they are getting some stock and it doesn’t hit the page?

Back