Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, I know... I'm still in denial it's real until it shows up tomorrow.
sell it to me! :)

I have a 5900x coming next week (antonline), got notice it was in packaging today and shipping within 24 hours. wanna trade +cash? :)

Got the same email. I ordered a 5900X at 4am Eastern. Fortunately my backup, a 5600X will be here tomorrow from Amazon (ordered around 10am Eastern on 11/5 while they still had stock).

Last edited:
Amazon preorder (ship dec 1) popped for 5600X this morning.

Gone in less than 1 minute. Nobody in the discord channel I was on was even able to add to cart.

lol

The AMD 6-core Trifecta:

20201111_002345.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Been watching it watch Newegg the last 2 days for a 5950x or 3080. Got a 3080 today, was a bundle but everything says its sold and shipped by Newegg. They would not let my change the shipping rate so it will be a week. :( You only have a few seconds to act, it would be nice if Newegg would let you change the shipping rate/speed after placing the order.
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 DirectX 12 RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G 10GB 320-Bit GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
DINO HDMI to VGA Dongle Model DCA106-HV
OLOy WarHawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model ND4U0836165BCWDX

Haha.. I came here to post the same thing. I'm sure AMD is less than pleased if they noticed this also. :)

Haha.. I came here to post the same thing. I'm sure AMD is less than pleased if they noticed this also. :)
It's turned off now. Not sure if my email (they're too overwhelmed with chat) or all the others that they likely got let them know to turn it off. :D

I like how they list expected availability as “not available” when they know it probably won’t be until March 2021. Don’t want to deter customers.
looks like it was a system glitch. It is back to NORMAL... Sorry nothing to see here folks.

So, interesting tidbit... When I received my 5950x from Amazon yesterday, the invoice showed that it was shipped from Ingram Micro. Didn't even know they were still around, but might be someplace worth checking stock. Maybe, maybe not, just thought I'd mention it.

So, interesting tidbit... When I received my 5950x from Amazon yesterday, the invoice showed that it was shipped from Ingram Micro. Didn't even know they were still around, but might be someplace worth checking stock. Maybe, maybe not, just thought I'd mention it.

They're a distributor, not sure you can buy directly from them.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
chatting with b&h photo now here what they told me . . . . The estimated availability for the AMD Ryzen 9 is 3/8/2021. Im happy My 9900ks is fast as !@#$ , wont be sweating the wait really , just curing a itch later on

I turned on auto overclocking in Ryzen Master. It set my max boost to 5150MHz on the 5950x. What's the best way to test that?

Also, the Gigabyte BIOS update with no CPU installed would not work. Glad I had my old CPU or I'd have been screwed.

why would B&H allow preorders for 5900x with peeps getting emails about getting them in March 2021? Must be an error on their part.
Emails are for 5800x I believe. I pre-ordered both 5800x and 5900x and I got an email for the 5800x saying I would probably get it on Dec. 21 this year. No email for 5900x. I pre-ordered one day before launch (Nov.5).

So is there any news on restocks anywhere? I haven't got a single alert this week for one. Maybe I'm not in the right group for ryzen cpus.

This has me so curious about what is going on for the one of us that has not received an email yet and ordered shortly after the preorder opened..
I'm sure they are getting some every week or two but with all those pre orders it will take some time. I think I saw a few posts that B&H did not get a day of shipment.

So is there any news on restocks anywhere? I haven't got a single alert this week for one. Maybe I'm not in the right group for ryzen cpus.
I saw a 5950x like twice on Newegg but could not get a cart out. I've seen the 5600 a number of times but I already have one. Was just hoping I could find a 5950x before I built up the new PC but I'm doing that on the morrow. The 3080 should be here next week but that gives me time to see a fast new CPU with the old Vega 64 and see if it’s any faster. Also have a pre-order in for a WD BLACK SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB but who knows when that will show,

So upset that I missed launch day when there was a legit chance to score a 5800x from what I understand. It was actually possible to add to cart and check out for a full 5 minutes. That window of opportunity is long gone now, and I can't sit in front of the PC spamming F5 and camping discord all day.

Sigh.

So upset that I missed launch day when there was a legit chance to score a 5800x from what I understand. It was actually possible to add to cart and check out for a full 5 minutes. That window of opportunity is long gone now, and I can't sit in front of the PC spamming F5 and camping discord all day.

Sigh.
Seems a decent # of folks have been able to get a CPU, kind of what was expected. Low end stuff was in stock longer, highest end harder to get. This is similar to the 3000 series launch. In the next few weeks we'll see a bunch of supply, especially on 5600/5800 parts, with 5900/5950 popping in and out of stock 'randomly'. AMD had some 5950x posted in stock yesterday, so don't lose hope they are all coming in and out of stock.

Back