Zalman is NUTS

linjy2 said:
maybe they incorporated a tiny motor to make it rotate like a house fan. :D
lolololol, itll look like a mini carousel with a fan of death on the inside if they did that! :D

Asian Dub Foundation said:
i dont care HOW good it cools...

not taking the risk of having it rip right out of the socket and on to my 500 dollar video card

Maybe you could rig up a support/safety cable that would attach to the top of the case or to the PSU using velcro or double sided tape. Or a bolt. :p

lmao guys, that picture is just a model display to illistrate the prodct better

the actual size is maybe alittle taller than a XP120

Brando457 said:
lmao guys, that picture is just a model display to illistrate the prodct better

the actual size is maybe alittle taller than a XP120

Unfortunately the oversized model display of the CNPS9500 that was posted by DIStreamnet pretty much ruined the focus of this thread, which is on the CNPS8000 series coolers. I think most of us know that the picture of the cooler next to the cig pack is a model display. ;)

I have two words for the 8000: Zip Ties

That seems to be the only way I'd get it to be supported; zip tying it to the top of the case, or PSU.

Regardless, that IS a ton of copper hanging off of your chip :rolleyes:

Maybe they will offer some adjustable support beam for it :p

hignaki said:
I have two words for the 8000: Zip Ties

That seems to be the only way I'd get it to be supported; zip tying it to the top of the case, or PSU.

two words: scroll up ;) :D

SUPERGLUE IT :) with straws mohaha

ok i got it i got it the fan is so strong it makes the heatsink hover above the case and stays in place

IM A GENIUS

On the OP cooler...I don't think it is a cut-away, you have to get air to the fan somehow and like mentioned....with all those pipes and copper...heavy.

Tiny said:
On the OP cooler...I don't think it is a cut-away, you have to get air to the fan somehow and like mentioned....with all those pipes and copper...heavy.
The fact that in the last image, you cant see thought the other side is a point for it being completely covered.(since you can see through the first set of fins, but you can only see more copper thru that)

And doing it with fins all around helps cool the HS by two means, intake and exhaust. Which alone would justify having it fully covered

no.

ok, you are right. I went back and looked at it with your comments in mind and I see now.

I just thought that since the aluminum one was encased in fins, that the copper finned one would be too heavy if fully encased in fins.

Hmmm I wonder if the 8000 will fit in a qpack?!?!?!

Mod the fan and bingo!!! Quiet solution!!!

Asian Dub Foundation said:
i dont care HOW good it cools...

not taking the risk of having it rip right out of the socket and on to my 500 dollar video card

Most of the weight is probably going to be at the base of the HSF. Torque is pulling on the motherboard either way with this thing or the TR XP120 in the vertical ATX config. I would not expect this thing to be any more dangerous than the Zalman CU7700 series.

hmmm.. there was so much hype about the 9500 being comparable to water and being a silent solution but when it came out, it wasn't either of those. It was definetly not silent and couldnt keep up wit a si-120, thermaltakes BT or the ninja.

dude it looks like a birdcage

Back