Z68 and RAID 10

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
22,090
Wondering if anyone knows if Z68 will support RAID 10 with only 2 drives, Linux MD style.

Can't find anything on the web or on mb sites.
 
Last edited:
I assume you mean by RAIDing partitions rather than drives?

umm. why? You'd get none of the benefits and all the disadvantages..
 
Not sure, but the support will be the same as anything else using the same Intel Matrix RAID OROM version. The latest released is 11.0 and that supports ICH8-10... possibly also ICH7 - I forget. It would be the same as any platform using that version of the OROM.
 
Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm wanting to use the "far" offset mirroring with striping approach.

Drive A 1TB:
A1 500gb
A2 500gb

Drive B 1TB:
B1: 500gb
B2: 500gb

A1 striped to B1, mirrored to B2.
A2 striped to B2, mirrored to B1.

Intel MatrixRAID good for this?
 
So I suppose just a plain ole RAID 1 would be a much better option then, huh?
 
Back
Top