Z-5500 owners, are the speaker cables detachable ?

MindBuster

2[H]4U
The sub in my Z-680 have started making that annoying rattling sound so it's time for rma, but the store i bought them in doesnt sell Z-680 anymore, so they'll prolly exchange them for a set of Z-5500's.

Now, does the 5500 have detachable speaker cables like the 680 have ?

So you can easily extend them but not replace them, pretty sure that's exactly what the Maximum PC review said, or the PC Gamer one... I forget.

Aww, that sucks :(

So i guess they are some thin flimsy ones.

Well, atleast they can be extended....

Thnx.

I just bought the Logitech z-5500's on Friday past and well they sound amazing. I have the logitech z-5300's connected to my computer which I find to be good but the base is very boomy and works quite well for games and movies but music dont sound the best without tweeking and even then there could still be improvement. Now on to the z-5500's I bought these for a home theater system which I have my DvD player connected through a digital in connection and the sound is amazing. I put in The Chronicles of Riddick and cranked the sub to half and the volume to half and holy crap this sounded amazing. I first purchased an $800.00 (Canadian $) Home theather in a box that was rated for 600 watts total power I hooked those up and was like holy shit these suck for the price. I brought them back and ordered the 5500's. I then learned a lession being that I will need about $2500 to get a proper home theater setup that would be good quality. I am on a budged so the $500 I paid for the 5500's just absoutley blow the $800 system I previously bought right out of the dam water. The new system is way louder, deeper bass, and sound quality is just alot better, so $500 for a home theater that sounds good ant to bad at all. The only thing I dont like is the cable's are attached the rear ones are 25ft which was good for my living room, since I'm in a appartment building and an old lady lives below my new 188 watt RMS sub. It defently sucks to be her haha. Now I just have to convence my girlfried to take my 5300's for herself and hook the 5500's to my compuer and then buy another set for the living room :)

Back