Yummy stuff... 100.54... Vista... 8800GTS, + bios flash = zomgpwnzorship

Is this a 100% statement that Vista is more overclock sensitive than xp? the last thing I want to have to do is find another stable overclock from my system due to issues. Is it that your overclock really is faulty in vista or that vista is not tune yet and is faulty to the rest of your system?

My OC is just as stable in Vista as XP.

Ahh.. sorry, I meant that regarding the overclock you hadn't proven if it was stable or not... Sorry, not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out that Orthos or Prime type programs are needed to fully load a cpu. :)

:) OK... yeah, I know those are needed to make sure it's fully loaded and computing correctly, but I was just trying to check temperatures. My CPU overclock is not prime stable on the 2nd core (first one runs for hours just fine, second one doesn't) basically regardless of voltage, but for games etc. it runs 100% perfectly. Unless I were doing Folding @ Home (which I do want to get this prime-stable at some point to do again), for my uses, it's stable... but yeah, it's nothing conclusive/solid toward the experience I posted having. Excuse me for having misinterpretation.

:) OK... yeah, I know those are needed to make sure it's fully loaded and computing correctly, but I was just trying to check temperatures. My CPU overclock is not prime stable on the 2nd core (first one runs for hours just fine, second one doesn't) basically regardless of voltage, but for games etc. it runs 100% perfectly. Unless I were doing Folding @ Home (which I do want to get this prime-stable at some point to do again), for my uses, it's stable... but yeah, it's nothing conclusive/solid toward the experience I posted having. Excuse me for having misinterpretation.

No worries, what I said wasn't clear, unfortunately.

Anyone else give it a shot? I can't be the only crazy one here who wanted to take a chance on it :p !

I am - no problems 650/2Ghz on mine here.

Flashed it a few nights ago after seeing some posts here.

Anyone else give it a shot? I can't be the only crazy one here who wanted to take a chance on it :p !

I did it, works great. I went to the safe side of my max overclock, at 600-1250-925......in XP I had been running it at 625/950 via Rivatuner.

Back