Youtube HD + Firefox3 = choppy yet smooth in IE

criccio

Fully Equipped
Now there is nothing that would ever make me use IE all the time, not even this, but this is just annoying.

Its not like my computer can't handle it (main rig in sig), I can decode 1080p x264 videos all day long in MPC-HC, yet it chokes on 720p Youtube HD clips.

IE plays them smooth as butter, so Its gotta be a Firefox issue. I uninstalled all my extensions, ran CCleaner and still nothing. They play very choppy.

I have this video opened up in Firefox3 (newest build) and in IE, switching between the two there is a night and day difference. For me its unwatchable in Firefox.

What is causing this?

I wish I could be of more help but I did try this video out and it plays back perfectly smooth in FireFox for me. I am running Firefox 3.0.6 under Windows Vista 32-bit.

Wow Firefox is a great browser for me and it plays youtube high def movies flawlessly. Sorry to hear your having computer issues. It's definitely not Firefox. I would use Revouninstaller and uninstall FF and revo will help you delete all leftover registry entries etc ... reboot and reinstall Firefox.

Hmm, its not all Youtube HD videos it seems. Just the one I linked to above. All others play fine.

I'm having a lot of issues with Youtube and FF3 too, they always stop while playing like they're buffering but the red bar is typically way ahead of where I currently am.

My Firefox works fine. Maybe some extension is to blame on yours?

FF 3.0.6 on Vista64 here. No problem.

Also tried FF 3.0.6 on Windows7 no problems.

I'm getting the same problem on Vista x64 with the latest Firefox. It works on my other computer, though (latest Firefox on Vista x32). I dunno what's up.

Back