Your music listening software

These threads always end the same way, people say foobar, winamp, itunes, wmp, mc, etc... then someone posts a screen shot of their foobar config, then everyone asks how they did it, then the thread dies...

itunes ftw
 
foobar. I would screenshot it but you'd all get jealous and kill the thread.:p
 
what's a good one for crossfading? i know foobar and itunes do it, but not quite how i want, and winamp probably has a plugin but i've moved away from winamp. I like foobar a lot, except that when changing songs with the crossfade enabled, the song pauses then fades out and into the next one
 
I use Mediamonkey. Though actually, I don't use it too much anymore. I shifted my stereo system to my TV and I'm using my 360 as a media extender.
 
These threads always end the same way, people say foobar, winamp, itunes, wmp, mc, etc... then someone posts a screen shot of their foobar config, then everyone asks how they did it, then the thread dies...

itunes ftw

haha so true.
 
Mainly iTunes. It does everything I need it do to, and it makes going to and fro Macs and PCs a bit easier.
 
What software does everyone use to listen to music?
I prefer to use Winamp

WinAMP with several Plug-ins and Mods.
Power DVD 6 Deluxe 5.1 version
Creative DVD Audio Player
Creative Media Sound Player for Real-time Speedup and Slowdown for mixing mostly.
 
Foobar 2k with ASIO. Using Crossfeed, EQ, upsample to 48k using Secret Rabbit code
 
Another vote for WinAmp! I like the latest Windows Media Player, too.
 
I use Itunes.

I use Itunes to sync my IPOD so that is one reason I use it. I find the interface makes it easy to find my music.

Other than those reasons there is no reason that I use it. The program is a resource hog compared to other products and it takes longer to startup as well.

I can see why Foobar is so popular but getting it configured the way you want it takes a decent time investment. Some people have posted links to fully decked out foobar installs I believe. I attempted to try one but it didn't end up looking like the screenshots that were posted so who knows.
 
Oh, I'm late to this thread but without a doubt the best way to listen to music is with Media MOnkey! It makes it so easy to slowly (or quickly) work on your music collection, edit tags & pictures and everything else....man, I'm serious, look into this software!

If I were just listening without wanting to edit anything (which is never the case since half my library needs tags and plus you can add so many cool things with monkey), I have been using windows media player 11.

Winamp used to be my favorite but frankly it's just not as good as media player 11.
 
Mediamonkey FTW.

So sooo sooooo easy to keep track of tens of thousands of songs. Not to mention all the auto labeling, file monitoring, automatic tagging, ect. Plus it can use any winamp plugins :)
 
Any player with a good random playback? Winamp will always play the same songs after a while with random.
 
I have tried them all...I use Media Monkey mainly now. It synchronizes nicely to my IAudio, however it doesn't do a great job of detecting duplicates, it just leaves stuff in there after you move files around. The easiest thing to do is just to clear the library and then have it rescan your entire media library periodically.

Winamp is a resource hog and takes a long time to start...

I like Windows Media Player 11 actually, the interface is great, but unless you let it automatically download album art, getting album art and tags is a pain. If you let it DL images, it will fill your hard drive up with strangely named jpg files....

Foobar is great, if you like to spend hours configuring. I use it occasionally for ripping and converting...If someone can point me to one of these full decked-out installs that would be great.
 
WMP11 for mp3 player management and the Zune software for my zune
MusikCube replaced my Foobar 2000
Amarok for my collection on Linux
 
rhapsody.

for 10 bucks a month i have an arsenal of music at my fingertips. i make it the default player for my own music so i can mix and match playlists all in the same program with subscription music and my own choons - when i click on my own choons it doesnt open up another proggie.

sometimes i use winamp for the visualizations.
 
foobar

someone post a screenshot of their sick config so i can get jealous and ask how it was done :D
 
thought i should say winamp before somebody posts a foobar screenie...
 
foobar2000 w/ Kernel Streaming.
I would post a screenshot, but I have the default interface right now anyway and can't be bothered to fix it.
 
Back
Top