Your most played games?

Bankie

2[H]4U
1699236495431.png

Curious what everyone's most played games are. Luckily WoW hours aren't through Steam so I can avoid the embarrassing amount of hours in that. Even so there are quite a few games in my list that cause me to be a bit disappointed in myself.

Umm... Mmorpgs (probably Dark Age of Camelot the most) and counterstrike + Battlefield. None of which were counted on Steam.

It's hard to say, but

Nearly 1,000 hours in Ghost Recon Breakpoint
400 or so hours in Ghost Recon Wildlands
640 hours in Cyberpunk 2077
3,000 hours in Destiny 2
3,000 hours in Mass Effect 3 (Multiplayer and modding makes up a great deal of that but I have completed the game at least 17 times in its entirety.)
I have thousands in UT99, UT2004, Quake 3 Arena and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as well. Though the games themselves didn't track that but I played those games very heavily for several years.

how do you arrange your games by hours played like in your pic?...I know all From Software games I have 1000+ hours for each game (except surprisingly Elden Ring where I was burnt out after my first playthrough of 350 hours...but I will be starting a new game soon in preparation for the DLC in February 2024)

Off the top of my head, in Alphabetical Order (because I don't have actual play-time numbers for most of these):

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (MP)
Civilization 2 - 5
Doom II (MP / DWANGO)
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grim Dawn
Quake
Skyrim
Starcraft: Brood War (MP)
Super Mario 64
Super Mario World
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Tetris
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Warcraft III: Frozen Throne (MP)
Warhammer 40K - Dark Crusade (MP)
Zelda: A Link to the Past

- That's just a list I came up with in under 5 minutes of games I KNOW I've dedicated MANY hours to....

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to add Starcraft... But yeah, a couple of these I replay approx. once a year (Quake & Super Mario World in particular)

Last edited:
Oddly enough, looks like Pillars of Eternity tops out my Steam catalogue at a 175.6 hours.

Ultima Online played everyday for 3 years when I started I was 23 years old.

Last edited:
None of the games I play have usage tracked, but the list will surely look something like this:

Unreal Tournament (1, 2003/4, 3)
Diablo 2
X4
Skyrim

There are lots of other games that I probably have >100 hours in, either because they simply take that long to finish, or because I've played them more than once, but those listed are undoubtedly >1000 hours each.

All time? World of Warcraft. Second would likely be Quake 2 or 3.

Now that I have read some of the replies, I'll add my rough wow hours.

My main character had a play time in the 600 DAY range, and I had numerous end game characters as well, all plus 300 days I would say.

That puts my single main character at around 14.5k hours. You aren't doing so bad. All of yours confined don't equal that.

Last edited:
how do you arrange your games by hours played like in your pic?...I know all From Software games I have 1000+ hours for each game (except surprisingly Elden Ring where I was burnt out after my first playthrough of 350 hours...but I will be starting a new game soon in preparation for the DLC in February 2024)
When you have your library up there is a drop down box with sorting filters.

I think I have something like three years /played on a SINGLE character in World of Warcraft. Once a year I fire it up and by the first hour I'm all done.

Path of Exile is another big one. I usually play at least a month for each league. Usually by week three I'm getting the hairy eyeball from the wife.

I've got a few stragglers in Steam. Lat Epoch, Grim Dawn, and Doom 2016 have about 200 hours each.

I have more than 1600 hours into Street Fighter 5...which I guess is sad considering it's not one of the better games in the series. I probably spent 2x to 3x that with some of the older SF and Tekken games, but I played those on consoles.

I've already put 300+ into SF6, though. Probably 1/3 of that was just the single-player mode.

Hmm... I think it was Everquest. I played that for a year and by played I mean like a crack addict. I don't think I had more than 4 hours of sleep per day for that year, and there was a gap in other games since I rarely played anything else. I definitely played another game on my console while I played EQ during the times I meditated to regain back my mana which took a LONG LONG time at higher levels till they finally got around to not making you stare at your spellbook to do it lol. Though it's thanks to EQ that I refuse to even try any and all online only games especially the MMORPG types.

I've been playing StarCraft: Brood War and StarCraft 2 for 25 years. Definitely over 10k hours between those two games. Smite probably has around 5,000, and I put several thousand in Halo: Combat Evolved playing in person with people over LAN.

I played a lot of original Counter-Strike, CS: Source, For sure at least 1000+ hours each before they were tracked on Steam.

1699283573108.png

I probably played a bunch of older games more than my top tracked Steam games. The Unreal Tournaments and Quakes and a bunch of their mods, the first couple Call of Duty games and other FPS games from the 90s and 2000s.

Not including MMO's from 2000-2010 (when I quit playing them), the numbers would be estimated and very high, probably inaccurate:

Skyrim: 2776 hours (Skyrim LE + SE hours)
Grand Theft Auto V: 1364 hours
Metal Gear Solid V TPP: 1127 hours
Dark Souls 1: 1116 hours (PTDE + Remastered)
Dark Souls 3 1031 hours
Dota 2: 977 hours
The Witcher 3: 940 hours
Tekken 7: 825 hours
Hitman WoA: 660 hours
Elden Ring: 525 hours (just got back into it, so it will probably double before I quit playing... or triple if the expansion comes out soon)
Counter-Strike GO: 546 hours
Monster Hunter World: 527 hours
Kingdom Come Deliverance: 441 hours
Friday the 13th: 338 hours
Rust: 293 hours
Dragon's Dogma: 287 hours
Cyberpunk 2077: 208 hours
The Witcher 2: 204 hours

FO76: 910 hours (played A LOT during the early days of the pandemic)
FO4: 751 hours (I loved playing a full Survival Mode campaign after playing a full normal campaign)
Mechwarrior 5: 229 hours
Starfield: 221 hours
DOOM 2016: 217 hours
Skyrim: 151 hours
Borderlands 3: 139 hours (played this quite a bit with a couple IRL buddies during the pandemic)
Witcher 3: 137 hours

I'd bet I'm over 1,000 hours in Everquest and Guild Wars each but no longer have those installed to check. Haven't played GW in a decade, haven't played EQ in two decades.

I've been playing StarCraft: Brood War and StarCraft 2 for 25 years. Definitely over 10k hours between those two games. Smite probably has around 5,000, and I put several thousand in Halo: Combat Evolved playing in person with people over LAN.

I played a lot of original Counter-Strike, CS: Source, For sure at least 1000+ hours each before they were tracked on Steam.

View attachment 611426

I probably played a bunch of older games more than my top tracked Steam games. The Unreal Tournaments and Quakes and a bunch of their mods, the first couple Call of Duty games and other FPS games from the 90s and 2000s.
Ditto on SC/Broodwar for me. The early days of battle.net :) I also played a ton of CnC Gold. I personally don't think anything came close to those, but of course we had no record keeping back then. Now my top is TF2 at 2K and change, has been for a long time.

Yea I kind of forgot about games I played pre-steam and on blizzard launcher.

I probably have like 3000 hours in Counter-Strike pre-Steam and at minimum 2000 hours of Starcraft 1 and Broodwar, I literally played this everyday for a few years. A few other games I probably have a lot of time in is Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 3 ( I used to speedrun these games, so I definitely have a lot of hours, maybe 500-600 hours in each), also Final Fantasy 7 since I've probably beaten it 10-15 times over the years assuming a playthrough is 30-80 hours, it adds up. I also played Starcraft 2 for a long time 2010-2013) nearly everyday, I know I had around 3000 wins in 1v1 and probably another 400-500 in 2v2, but I quit playing the game probably 3 years after it came out. I was still heavily invested in watching GOMtv/GSL though, but quit watching in like 2015.

Childhood
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger
Contra 4: Alien Wars
Zelda: A Link to the Past
(I started at NES, and have definitely logged in a lot of hours in SMB1, but I don't think I really started gaming until SNES).

HS into Adulthood
CounterStrike 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, CSS (didn't play GO and not really playing 2)
Diablo 1
Diablo 2
Diablo 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Civ 5 (I own Civ VI, but oddly haven't played it as much)
Mass Effect 1-3 (though not nearly as much as DanD...)
Quake 2
Q3A

Out of those titles, the most played by far are likely D2, D3. I've played likely over 6000 hours of D3. And D2, back in its heyday I played it like it was my job. And had fully geared out every class. I was for sure in the top 1% in that game in terms of gear.
As a kid it's hard to know how many hours of those games I played. I used to beat Contra 4 everyday after school. I've 100%ed Zelda: ALTTP more times than I can think or count and the same with Super Mario World. I didn't have a lot of money or a lot of games so I played repeatedly what I had. Even though I owned and played FF7 near launch it didn't have the affect IV/VI had on me and I likely only completed that particular title 1-3 times. Whereas I've probably completed Chrono Trigger 30+ times. Even more if you count runs in which I defeated Lavos at the Carnival via NG+.

Last edited:
These are the high ones in my steam library, but if I venture to guess Quake, Quake II, Quake III would be my all time highest with the most hrs. played (Just not logged through steam).

1699322475841.png

Full Retail and Steam versions of Fallout 3 with DLC: 16,000 plus hours

Fallout 4: 5,800 hours

No other game comes close to those two.

MUSHes and MUDs growing up.

More recently it would be Destiny 2, if we're talking the last few years. Probably 4000 hours between PS4 at launch and PC more recently. The last expansion was terrible so I've dropped way back. Will probably get The Final Shape eventually, just to see "the end" after all this time, but it might not be at release this time.

Diablo 4 most recently, but I'm running out of steam there. The Season of Blood was an improvement, but it wasn't enough to really hook me.

Full Retail and Steam versions of Fallout 3 with DLC: 16,000 plus hours

Good lawd son!

(One of these days I'mma PM ya and have you assist me with setting up a "proper" FO4 modded install - just warning ya in advance heh)

Might even be this weekend, I've def felt the "Bethesda Mod Game" itch here lately :cool:

The 1000 hours+ club (per Steam):
Natural Selection 2
ARK Survival Evolved
CS:GO/2
Rocket League (100% mouse/keyboard Champ III)

The 250-700 hours club (per Steam):
Witcher 3
PUBG
Red Dead Redemption 2
GTA 4
GTA 5
Final Fantasy X
CyberPunk 2077
Hunt: Showdown

The unaccountable, but are north of 500 for sure:
Diablo 2 (including R)
Diablo 3
UT 2004
Quake 3
CS 1.6/Source (very well could be 2k+)

My list is PC only, Nintendo would give this list a run for its money...

It's Gearbox right and it hit a nerve at the right time when I built a PC back in 2011 the MP my favorite maps were the Hive and Hollywood.
You just didn't have guns you had pipe bombs and hidden jetpacks along with the Devastator.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 100836.jpg

I play lots of different games, but my wife and I have HOURS of LAN play with UT2003 and UT3. Capture the flag, and 'Greed' games. We laugh, swear, yell at the bots....just really have a great time. Can't tell you how many hours of laughs and good times we've had with those two.

Jane's FA-18
Falcon 4
wasteland 3
STALKER and STALKER GAMMA
oblivion and Skyrim
Red Alert 2/Yuris Revenge multiplayer
Thief
System Shock 2
Iwar 2
Freespace 2

-2000+ hours in Mount & Blade Warband (primarily cRPG mod)
-2000+ hours in DayZ (maybe more)
-Many hundreds of hours each in Counter Strike Classic, Source, and CS:GO.
-Many hundreds of hours in Dominions 5
-Many hundreds of hours of WoW
-Few hundred hours in Starcraft (one of my -earliest online games)
-Few hundred hours in Everquest
-Few hundred hours in Diablo 2 and expansion
-Few hundred hours in R6: Siege

I'm sure there are many I'm forgetting.

It's wild how many of my gaming experiences are things that have came and went. Much of what I used to enjoy is now either dead, played out, or permanently changed compared to what it used to be.

It's Gearbox right and it hit a nerve at the right time when I built a PC back in 2011 the MP my favorite maps were the Hive and Hollywood.
You just didn't have guns you had pipe bombs and hidden jetpacks along with the Devastator.

View attachment 619228

I was in the top 100 leaderboard but after I quit bots took over and hacked the leaderboard.

Back