Your current Favourite racing game on PC?

Tych-0

Gawd
I need a racing game on my PC. I tend to like ones that stay somewhere close to realistic, not necessarily a sim.

So what are you liking right now in PC racing games? I need a couple recommendations please!

I was gonna say F1 , but tat is fully sim.

Pickings are slim like flight sims.

Grid Autosport really surprised me, I thought I would hate it. But that in car view isn't half bad. The game is competitive too. I also really like Assetto Corsa too. Its more Sim like than I usually play. The game has wonderful controls and some of the best visuals I've seen in a racing game right down to the inner workings of the wheels & axles on your car. My favorite is the Sprint cars, you really get a sense of speed in those open wheel sprint cars. Next Car Game (Wreckfest) is good too, a good throwback to the Destruction Derby games for the PS1.

1. Assetto Corsa
2. Next Car Game(Wreckfest)
3. Grid Autosport

Last edited:
I've been enyjoing Next Car Game / Wreckfest a lot. I'm real excited to see this become a finished product.

I need to pick up Assetto Corsa. It looks good and I need a proper game for my G27. Probably gunna hold out and see if it goes into the Steam sale this holiday.

The F1 games comfortably straddle that line between accessible and sim in my opinion. Not fully simulation, but close enough to make the game really fun. I have yet to play 2014, but 2013 is really great. I could play it all day if I had the stamina (I use a wheel). My only problem with it is the AI has some annoying quirks, like sometimes slowing down too much/too fast for a corner or having an impossibly fast apex speed.

GRID Autosport is also surprisingly fun, but is more on the arcadey side. It still sometimes feels like the cars slide around too much. I honestly have not played this one enough.

Assetto Corsa and Race Room Racing Experience have been the two I have been playing the most . AC takes more skill to get good lap times. I also found messing with the cars setup will make a difference for good or bad . Race Room is more simcade but still a lot fun .

I typically load up burnout paradise when I wanna just drive around...violently.

I prefer arcade racers, so NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 and Rivals was pretty good for me. Hot Pursuit 2010 is still my favorite I think. For more simulator type racers I only liked NFS Shift 2. Gran Turismo 5 just seemed stupid.

NFS Most Wanted
Burnout Paradise

Both allow me to play them as open world games, which is a major plus for any game if included.

Flatout 2, lanparties, beer.
Do I need to say more?

Flatout 2 is a great game. But Next Car Game surpasses it. If you like Flatout you should check it out, its made by the Bugbear team.

Flatout is another good one, I forgot. The crew is coming and look good. There is another one from ubisoft i can't recall the name but it's not only driving but the driving part is execlent.

Grid.

Originally exposed to it on 360 but after playing it on PC with a proper wheel/pedals....

I have yet to find anything that comes close.

I really like racing the sprint cars in GRID.

It's the one racing game I've run into since the original Gran Turismo, where when you mess up. You KNOW it's no ones fault but your own.

Forza 3 was always fun too. Still is :)

^ console

Thanks everybody, great suggestions! I just bought Grid Autosport, seemed to be the most mentioned, and it sounds about what I was looking for.

Autoduel still rules all car-based PC games. And it's a 29 year old game. I still fire it up at least once a week.

Does Grid Autosport still have unskippable dialog/cut scenes?

I refuse to buy another racing game with cut scenes you can't skip.

I'm having a blast in Burnout Paradise, especially since I've figured out how to change the music files.

OMG I bought Grid autosport last night for $43.99 Canadian and today it's on sale for $21.99. Does steam offer price protection at all?

Autoduel still rules all car-based PC games. And it's a 29 year old game. I still fire it up at least once a week.

Feh. Grand Prix Legends stomps all over Autoduel.

But I played the ziplock bag edition of Car Wars back in the day, so I'm a little biased. :p

Feh. Grand Prix Legends stomps all over Autoduel.

But I played the ziplock bag edition of Car Wars back in the day, so I'm a little biased. :p
Grand Prix Legends is probably the best racing game of all time ;). I was giddy when I saw Road & Track used a cockpit screenshot of the GPLEA Eagle in the 51 Coolest Cars article trying to pass it off as real :D. I'll have to take a picture of the magazine because I can't find it anywhere online...

Back