You'll never see this for iPhone!

Over the years CNET has taken heavy criticism for being one of the most Apple biased tech blogs on the net. That bias found its way on to Crave where the days news was nothing but Apple related fluff during times when nothing news worthy was coming out of Apple (in between releases and whatnot). It's clear that they've taken that criticism to heart and have been making changes to their reporting style lately.

Hurr. I just don't understand what the big deal is. Out of the box, Android is more open than iOS, but both, with some tweaking, become pretty transparent.

Jailbreak the iPhone, root the droid.
Same difference!

Hurr. I just don't understand what the big deal is. Out of the box, Android is more open than iOS, but both, with some tweaking, become pretty transparent.

Same difference!
Missing the point. If C-NET posted a bunch of How To jailbreak an iPhone videos, Apple would sue.

My bad. I wasn't aware jailbreaking was legal. It wasn't when I owned an iPhone. Nonetheless, I severely fubared on this one.

<< quietly retreats to his little corner of shame >>

Same difference!
It's hard to explain the difference but it's not the same.

lol @ OP

smooth :D

How do you figure? They both give the end user root/admin access to the phone and it's file system. The techniques and exploits are different (obviously) but the end result is, more or less, the same. (unless, of course, I'm missing something)

My bad. I wasn't aware jailbreaking was legal. It wasn't when I owned an iPhone. Nonetheless, I severely fubared on this one.

<< quietly retreats to his little corner of shame >>

Apple doesn't like it, but jailbreaking is deemed legal in the US at least.

Its actually the exact same thing. The processes may be different but in the end the goal of both is getting superuser/root privileges and thats it.

You can try and convolute it and make it seem different but they are the same.

lol @ OP

smooth :D

How do you figure? They both give the end user root/admin access to the phone and it's file system. The techniques and exploits are different (obviously) but the end result is, more or less, the same. (unless, of course, I'm missing something)

He is talking out of his ass as usual.

I'm not talking out of my ass at all....I simply don't feel like feeding the trolls anymore and am stepping away from the conversation.

Well considering you are completely wrong its probably a good thing that you step away...

You obviously dont understand what rooting and jailbreaking is because they are the same thing with different names and ways to go about them.

Its all about gaining root/superuser access over the OS.

Well considering you are completely wrong its probably a good thing that you step away...

You obviously dont understand what rooting and jailbreaking is because they are the same thing with different names and ways to go about them.

Its all about gaining root/superuser access over the OS.
I understand what happens when you root/jailbreak...I'm talking about how you get there, maintain it, and the benefits you see afterward being different. If everyone weren't so quick to shove a stick up their ass and keyboard warrior up they/you might not have jumped to conclusions so quickly.

I understand what happens when you root/jailbreak...I'm talking about how you get there, maintain it, and the benefits you see afterward being different. If everyone weren't so quick to shove a stick up their ass and keyboard warrior up they/you might not have jumped to conclusions so quickly.

Which still means jailbreak and root are the same thing... :rolleyes:

The way you do it and the benefits dont change that they are both the act of gaining root/superuser access on the device.

Back