You Sunk My Battleship!

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
What do you get when you cross a Milton Bradley geeky board game and a big budget movie release? The board game Battleship is departing for a big screen port in May. This is a big budget flick and could actually make it, but given the track record of video-game-to-movie attempts, board-game-to-movie conversion seems a really big stretch.

Really?
Really really?

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I hope "I get to try before I buy" I hate to have the trailer with all the good stuff already shown.:D

Well, this trailer sucks, so it might be a good movie then, Mojo?

Can't tell what the hell is going on, or how this is associated with Battleship in any way other than a) name and b) there are battleships...

TBH if you made a Battleship game, it almost seems like it would be more interesting to have it set during, say, WW2 or WW1, and with two small fleets fighting in complete fog trying with their radar and sonar damaged, making it a mindfuck/mind games suspense movie.

TBH if you made a Battleship game, it almost seems like it would be more interesting to have it set during, say, WW2 or WW1, and with two small fleets fighting in complete fog trying with their radar and sonar damaged, making it a mindfuck/mind games suspense movie.

Now that would kick ass.. this movie, not so much.

What do you get when you cross a Milton Bradley geeky board game and a big budget movie release? The board game Battleship is departing for a big screen port in May. This is a big budget flick and could actually make it, but given the track record of video-game-to-movie attempts, board-game-to-movie conversion seems a really big stretch.

Have you seen Clue? that is one of my favorite movies.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088930/

I wonder why this is even "based upon Milton Bradley", surely the name Battleship is so generic there can't be a trademark on using it .

Um...

So they took, Independence day, Halo, Transformers, Crysis 2 and tossed them in a blend and came out with this? And some how came up with Battleship?!

Why can't it be battleships fighting the Chi-coms? Modern naval warfare would be much more interesting than more retarded alien invasion crap.

I am going to see it. They have a $200 million budget! I loved battleship. I also love 3d! Soo YEA.

Well, this trailer sucks, so it might be a good movie then, Mojo?

Can't tell what the hell is going on, or how this is associated with Battleship in any way other than a) name and b) there are battleships...

So like...most naval engagements of the period?

Have you seen Clue? that is one of my favorite movies.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088930/

There is something to be said for the *possibility* of boardgames -> movie ending up better than video game -> movie adaptations.

With video games, there is already a plot, characters, considerable CGI effects to develop a setting, etc. Anyone watching or making a movie on those has to take those into account, and the end result will be judged by them. How many times have we seen 'character x in video game y would NEVER have done that' or things along those lines?

With a boardgame...all you have is theme and general setting, so...? Maybe??

It's worth repeating what others have said: what does this have to do with the board game?

It's worth repeating what others have said: what does this have to do with the board game?

There were ships.. in battle.. and a great script.. boobs.. exploding.. lazorz..

Are you trying to be an intellectual? You think UR better than me?!

There were ships.. in battle.. and a great script.. boobs.. exploding.. lazorz..

Are you trying to be an intellectual? You think UR better than me?!

lol. I'm watching (at least on netflix), I don't care whether or not the reviews will think it's a sinking ship.

Still I'm actually curious how Milton Bradley thinks they can capitalize on this movie as an IP... or maybe they funded it? Or maybe it has nothing to do with MB? Or maybe they are paying rights to say the phrase, "You sunk my battleship!" lol. Ok, enough of me fishing for IP trolling. I must stop thinking.... life is happier that way

There better be someone in this movie who says..

0905c180-f923-4c36-bf4d-f7f1560a0803.jpg

Can hardly wait for the Michael Bay directed..

chutes-and-ladders-from-boardgamesrus-dot-com.jpg

To be perfectly fair, a Chutes and Ladders with Michael Baysplosions could be a mildly entertaining horror movie. A bunch of people attempting to escape something or another only to explode if they fall down a chute or climb up the wrong ladder. It's like Cube only with more explosions.

Looks like a SyFy original movie with an actual budget. No more Sharkocopter vs. Megarangutan for us, boys!

lol this sounds like an interesting movie. :D

They need to add the electronic battleship effects though.

"Prepare for battle!"

If the movie is fun then who cares? Seriously, it has explosions, battleships and aliens. What more do you want??

Uhm... this has no relation to the board game whatsoever and I hope you are joking thinking it's in any way related...

I'm just waiting for the video game, based on the movie, based on the board game to be released.

Looks like a SyFy original movie with an actual budget. No more Sharkocopter vs. Megarangutan for us, boys!

This post should be included on the front page lol.

If the movie is fun then who cares? Seriously, it has explosions, battleships and aliens. What more do you want??

The part of me that like seeing things blown up, aliens, and battleships agrees, I will probably see this in theatre.

Back