You have 1200 to spend...what display, right now. Today.

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
The more I read this forum the more I'm confused about what I should be buying. So, go ahead and tell me. I can spend about 1200 dollars....don't have to..but I could.
General usage is like most....Browsing, video content, gaming, ect.
I'm on the fence with a Samsung 4K set or an Ultrawide something with GS or without. So many choices! 40 inch max.
Make my mind up! PLEASE.

It's amazing there isn't anywhere in NYC that I can walk into and buy the 40 inch Samsung.

Buy the philips 40 inc so much better then samsung crap TV SCREEN 40!

Based on what?

Based on nonsense. I researched both and while neither is perfect, the Philips has that HORRIBLE color bleed issue that is outrageous anyone will have the balls for such silly statement.

If Sony made a 810 series in 40" that will be my choice for sure but since they do not, from my research, the best choices were the 7500 or 7100 (if you prefer non curve).
So ignore that dumb comment. ;)

Here is a video of the "Awesome" Philips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnPrGXG_30o

Do you really want a TV with such horrible flaw that can show up depending on what you are doing?
Come on now :rolleyes:

Oh. Forgot about no curve. Well that makes things a lot easier....B and H has the 7100 hundred in stock for pickup and the 9800 graphics card. Might have a winner here.

OFF TOPIC...will the evga 980 fit in the NCase?

Rtings gives an overall better score to the 7500 which leads me to believe the difference isnt just the size.

Last edited:
Predator X34

I've tried quite a few monitors/TV (some 4K) over the past year and consider this is to be the best overall. Also have the 1080P OLED, and while the picture on that looks way better despite the lower res, I prefer having higher refresh rates for gaming. G-Sync is great too.

$1200 to spend on a display?
Easy.

Fly to Japan.
Buy Eizo Foris FS2735.

Fly back.
Profit.

Went to BH to pick up the 7100 and they had the 7500 in Stock so I grabbed it along with the 9800 card. Merry Christmas to me😁

Wait so you picked up the 7500? I thought you wanted no curve. :D
Congrats man. I have my 7100 here killing me waiting for the darn One Connect Mini cable to arrive on Saturday.

No I wanted the curve but it was always out of stock so I was going to "settle" for the 7100

I went the 4K 40 inch Samsung route, and I don't regret it at all. It's a beautiful screen and 4k is unbelievable.

Probably the Acer X34, I have seen 21:9 and it is so nice to have it fill the field of vision

How is the input lag on that TV?

Well, if you decide to go back to a monitor:

Acer X34 Predator. Just got mine. So far I'm pretty much thrilled. $90 over your budget before tax though.

34"
3440x1440
curved
G-Sync
100Hz

So far I'm not finding any of the flaws others have had to be a problem. Those I've noticed at all.

with $1200, i'd get two monitors, one for gaming, one for everything else.

No gaming monitor is perfect, so buying only a single monitor will invariably net you compromises.

EG even the FG2421 has its issues, but my main one is that it's an EoL product. I don't usually buy EoL product.

I personally have Swift and BL3201PT, Swift is for demanding fast paced games, 3201PT for basically everything else (non-fast paced games, movies etc). I was quite near pulling the trigger on BDM4065UC instead of 3201PT due to the fact that it's VA panel (so better blacks), but it had worse performance in almost every regard compared to 3201.

The only candidate I know that can be the perfect singular monitor is OLED based, but that kind isn't coming out for a while.

I'd get the 32" Samsung or BenQ IPS with FreeSync support. Screw fixed refresh monitors, screw anything under 4k, screw TN, and screw anything smaller than 30".

wait.....there is no good 4K sscreens out that are affordable. A lot of 4K OLED TVs have shotty PC support and are still in the 1000s. Any that are not in the 100s are crap comparitively. I have a P2715Q and its nice but far from being fast and being perfect. No OLED supports PCs well and have some serious draw backs especially when your looking to fork out 2K or so.

I would wait on dropping major cash on a high quality 4K screen because there are far too many short comings.

If you really need 4K get a P2715Q while you wait for a good 4K OLED monitor to release or try to get a Good GSync 1440P screen as an intermediary.

Should get a proper 4K 32 in monitor. you can get one with sub 20 ms input lag like benq or acer.

I already spent $1200 on a UN40JU6500 and Crossover 324K and a GTX 960..Unfortunately neither has sub 30 ms input lag. Good think I am not a huge gamer and during general usage I can't tell too much.. but still disappointing...

I already bought the 7500, but thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Back