You cant say this word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just realized the word F an B oy is blocked, i just want to know why cause i can never seem to get away with saying it, o and is there a list somewhere i can see what words i cant say?

The F word was banned because everyone in the video card forum kept yelling it back and forth (you know, nVidia vs ATI and all that great stuff) in tons of threads and flamefests.

I'm pretty sure !!!!!!!! is banned too.

edit: okay, so it is. Just an FYI, that word was butt hole.

I think you can say anything really, I haven't come across a word I can't say. I'd imagine the racial slander words are blocked though, I don't use those though.

I find it funny that fan boy is blocked, excellent idea.

EDIT, and you can't put any curse words in thread titles

that makes sense, the whole red vs green argument, is there a list i can find out what words are blocked by the filter, cause it seems i can say fuck, but not !!!!!!

The red versus green debate turned personal in many cases, which is in violation of [thread=760666]Rule[/thread] #1. AtomicMoose, p[H]ant0m, Dr Evil, and myself were brought in as Video Cards moderators to keep such issues from affecting well behaved members.

motherfucking shit ass milf fuck asshat whore asshole

omfg wtf

:rolleyes:

DougLite said:
The red versus green debate turned personal in many cases, which is in violation of [thread=760666]Rule[/thread] #1. AtomicMoose, p[H]ant0m, Dr Evil, and myself were brought in as Video Cards moderators to keep such issues from affecting well behaved members.
thanks for the response, is there a list though

Certain words are in the filter because they were abused like in the Vid Card forum or Processor forum, not so much for their content, but their overuse as an insult. The come and go in the filter as their use subsides. Cussing and implied cussing in thread titles was stopped in late 2000/early 2001 for those who keep track of things like that.

I recently discovered taht even alluding to a swear in a thread title is against the rules to. I had wtf in my thread title and got yelled at by the mods.

The word 'cuss' to me means 'curse' and that word to me has elaborated into general swearing or foul language. I don't see 'damn' as foul language

Overall I think its great that the Mods/Admin track this........ overuse of 'cussin' just degrades whats being said. Now, a well placed adjective in personal conversation can have some effect as we all know, but pity the poor foks (no 'L' left out there, hehe) that have gotten into the habit of using F*** as adjective, adverb, noun, pronoun, preposition, and verb..... dang, they can hardly speak

Fuckin' a man every other fuckin' word is fuck, it gets really fuckin' annoying to hear fucktards say fuck so fucking much.

:p Sorry couldn't resist.

tornadotsunamilife said:
The word 'cuss' to me means 'curse' and that word to me has elaborated into general swearing or foul language. I don't see 'damn' as foul language

Others would disagree with you which is why they do it ;).

Most of the profanity is what you may hear on an elementary school playground and we understand that, but many parents and employers don't...especially in easily read thread titles. Profanity in the signature is not allowed (to a point) mainly because of the redundancy of the signature with each post. We don't limit the harder to read text within the thread, but good taste and common sense will sometimes dictate an edit or two from time to time.

tornadotsunamilife said:

boredguyatcomp said:
'/()|_| (0|_|1!) 41\/\/4'/$ (|_|$$ !|\| 1337... if you dont understand that then your a |\|()()b ;)

Just don't get mad when you get flamed to an ashy pile when cussing with leet in the title.

boredguyatcomp said:
'/()|_| (0|_|1!) 41\/\/4'/$ (|_|$$ !|\| 1337... if you dont understand that then your a |\|()()b ;)

Nah, you can't. Alluding to swearing is also against the rules. I said wtf in a thread title and got bitched at for alluding to a swear. I'm guessing that 1337 would be the same way.

Leet speak is a truly hated form of communication on this forum and has little place outside of the AOL chatrooms. Threads begun in Leet Speak would be closed in a heartbeat ;)

......thread has gone off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back