Yate Loon fans - Where to buy?

safehaven

Limp Gawd
Typically with most computer parts, the question of where to buy is easy. However, in searching for Yate Loon fans, I have never heard of any of the retailers selling them. So, where is the best place to buy them? A reputable company is most important, low price is a close second.

Thx.

The word is that Petra's tech shop is the only place to buy Yate Loon fans. Apparently they deal directly with Yate Loon as opposed to a reseller that other companies use, and the quality seems to suffer for it. I've heard that Petra's is a great place to work with, though I have never personally ordered from there.

The word is that Petra's tech shop is the only place to buy Yate Loon fans. Apparently they deal directly with Yate Loon as opposed to a reseller that other companies use, and the quality seems to suffer for it. I've heard that Petra's is a great place to work with, though I have never personally ordered from there.
I've ordered some PH Nuke from Petra's. Smooth transaction, got it shortly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Petra's seems to always be OOS of at least half their products. I've also read that Jab-Tech also has legit YLs, and they're extremely cheap!

Jab-tech is fantastic. They are in my home state, so I have to pay sales tax, but it's worth it.

John from Jab-Tech has said many times before that he gets his Yates straight from Yate and not an OEM/3rd party.

I've never had any issues with JT Yates so I continue to order them. :confused:
Petras claims to have more curvature in the blades and better noise characteristics; if you want to pay 3x for the same fan for the peace of mind, that's up to you. Personally I think it's all a bunch of Petras-spread FUD but whatever. (I know there are posts around with pics of both fans, yadda yadda yadda)

yeah, I got 4 from Jab-tech recently and wouldnt hesitate to get more. and yes, they are worth buying. I cant bring myself to get any other fan because I dont think that a nexus or noctua is 3-4 times better than the YL.

Anyone have experience undervolting or mounting these horizontally? I'm just wondering if they click or anything.

Anyone have experience undervolting or mounting these horizontally? I'm just wondering if they click or anything.

Yes and yes and no they don't, they run fine at 7v for me. :)
I've bought plenty of lows (D12SL-12) and recently bought 6 highs (D12SH-12) to use with my heatsinks, couldn't be happier with either. If you run the lows at 7v you can barely hear them.

My yates all seemed loud for the amount of air they pushed and one has failed within a year. I did not purchase from petras or jab-tech. My Panaflow L1A's are about 5 years old and run like new :) I heard you want to mount these vertically because they will wear prematurely if mounted horizontally.

I don't rate them at all my farts push more air than yates have my sl12's sat in a drawer just don't push any air.

I don't rate them at all my farts push more air than yates have my sl12's sat in a drawer just don't push any air.

you are nuts... they are great fans... well either that or you have some really awesome methane buildup in your bum

I want to make a comment about Petra's. I ordered some yate loons from them at the beginning of this month as most people seemed to recommend them and these particular fans were a bit cheaper on petra's.

It's been over 3 weeks now and I haven't received or heard a thing from them. I've emailed them twice now and have got nothing back from them. If you look on their reseller reviews other people have experienced the same thing. Going to have to see if I can get the transaction refunded and order from jabtech or somewhere else.

My yates all seemed loud for the amount of air they pushed and one has failed within a year. I did not purchase from petras or jab-tech. My Panaflow L1A's are about 5 years old and run like new :) I heard you want to mount these vertically because they will wear prematurely if mounted horizontally.

very possible you have...non-authentic?...fans. Or soem from the off batches. One price you pay with the cheap fans is that they arent as high on QC. you get some bad ones. But at 1/3 of the cost I can afford to drop some in the trash can and reorder.

Man, my Panaflow medium flow 120mm fan has been with me through 4 different computer systems back to an AMD XP 1900+ in 2002. I am still using it today in my current system.

I believe my Lian Li case fans are made by Yate Loon but they are rebadged Lian Li so I can't tell for sure.

I want to make a comment about Petra's. I ordered some yate loons from them at the beginning of this month as most people seemed to recommend them and these particular fans were a bit cheaper on petra's.

It's been over 3 weeks now and I haven't received or heard a thing from them. I've emailed them twice now and have got nothing back from them. If you look on their reseller reviews other people have experienced the same thing. Going to have to see if I can get the transaction refunded and order from jabtech or somewhere else.
You could, you know, pick up the phone and call them if they aren't responding to emails..

You could, you know, pick up the phone and call them if they aren't responding to emails..

The Contact Us section of their site says this, and none of the order confirmation emails had a phone number or anything:

You can contact us by telephone:

New phone number to be announced shortly.

Interestingly, after I posted in this thread I received an email from them saying there was a mix up regarding whether those fans were in stock and my order was never shipped...they have now shipped my order.

The Contact Us section of their site says this, and none of the order confirmation emails had a phone number or anything:

Interestingly, after I posted in this thread I received an email from them saying there was a mix up regarding whether those fans were in stock and my order was never shipped...they have now shipped my order.
Ah, well that is unfortunate. I only meant to say I generally have better luck with getting my issues resolved on phone versus email, especially after that length of time :D Glad they got it out.

Not to hijack, but what speed Yate's would you all go with? Jab-Tech has them in slow, medium and high speed. I'm looking for decent cooling, but no annoying whine.

John from Jab-Tech has said many times before that he gets his Yates straight from Yate and not an OEM/3rd party.

I've never had any issues with JT Yates so I continue to order them. :confused:
Petras claims to have more curvature in the blades and better noise characteristics; if you want to pay 3x for the same fan for the peace of mind, that's up to you. Personally I think it's all a bunch of Petras-spread FUD but whatever. (I know there are posts around with pics of both fans, yadda yadda yadda)

Then you really ought to read some specific testing of YL's sold by Petra's and other resellers, like Vapor's testing over at XS. Was very revealing.......

Section talking specifically about the YL fans..... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2668923&postcount=6

Entire test/thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=171661

Then you really ought to read some specific testing of YL's sold by Petra's and other resellers, like Vapor's testing over at XS. Was very revealing.......

Section talking specifically about the YL fans..... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2668923&postcount=6

Entire test/thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=171661

Still, that's a dated thread. J-T might have seen the error of their ways and instead went straight to the source for Yates.

Not to hijack, but what speed Yate's would you all go with? Jab-Tech has them in slow, medium and high speed. I'm looking for decent cooling, but no annoying whine.

I picked up the slow ones and they blow decent air for me. I even undervolt them.

I have used both Jab-Tech and Frozen-CPU for Yates.

Honestly, Frozen is just too expensive for anything.

Jab-Tech has been just fine as has been the product.

I prefer, however to order Sythe Slip-Streams (medium speed) from SidewinderComputers.
You can't beat the price and the shipping is the cheapest around. Service is excellent.
Give 'em a look see.

Still, that's a dated thread. J-T might have seen the error of their ways and instead went straight to the source for Yates.

Not only that, but the OP didn't mention buying them for a rad either. ;)
Good looking out, but a thread from 2007 isn't really pertinent anymore. (IMHO)

just get the High speeds and use a speed controller

just get the High speeds and use a speed controller

depends on how low you want the noise output. A 40% reduction of 2000 rpms isnt as silent as a 40% reduction on 1200 rpms. I have a speed controller on my slow speed YLs.

I use slipstreams anywhere I have no restriction (my front intake and HDD fans), but I use my yate medium speed's in push pull on my H50. They work well and seem to have very acceptable static pressure :)

Slipstreams move a lot of air very quietly when they are mounted in free space (no filter or grille) but when they have pretty poor static airflow values.

I ordered 20 Yate Loons from jab-tec wth no issues.

Last edited:
Back