XPG/Adata not wiping usage data after testing m.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
So got a "supposedly new" XPG 4tb rgb vomit nvme m.2 drive delivered yesterday. Plopped it in and checked bios. Drive was listed sweet which is more then I can say for the 2TB EX950 Newshit sent me.

Boot into Windows and go straight to disk management where I was prompted to initialize a disk. Again more then I can say about the 950.

Initialized, formated, opened CDI and WTF! (See attached photo)

So the question is. Has anyone else noticed the info not cleared out with an Adata/XPG drive? Is this just normal from them or did Amazon sell me a new drive but instead sent somebody's sloppy seconds? The box was pristine and it had the circle stickers on each flap intact. Although they are the type you can peel off and not damage packaging.

Attachments

• xpg 4tb.jpg
    xpg 4tb.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0
That's a lot of data use, especially for the amont of time used. That definitely looks suspect.

Don't have any real answers though.

That's a lot of data use, especially for the amont of time used. That definitely looks suspect.

Don't have any real answers though.
Sure is what I'm thinking. I wrote into them inquiring if they run tests on each drive and just don't clear the history from it before shipping out but it's crickets in here. I think I'll send it back for an exchange today.

i doubt its a real problem, read and write data is close to each other looks like a disk test was ran on it (normally reads are significantly higher then write as most write little read a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back