xp home activation?

lemons

n00b
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
23
Hi.

I have upgraded an old pc for my Mum. I used the serial number from the cod sticker on the back of the case to install xp home (oem).

When the install finished, windows tried to connect to the internet to activate, but there was no connection because drivers were needed. So I canceled the activation and finished the install.

I have used win update and installed all the updates and media player 11 with no problems.

Will xp ask for activation in 30 days? Is there a way to force being promted for activation so i can ring ms and get it sorted before giving the pc to my Mum?

thanks.
 
Hi.

I have upgraded an old pc for my Mum. I used the serial number from the cod sticker on the back of the case to install xp home (oem).

When the install finished, windows tried to connect to the internet to activate, but there was no connection because drivers were needed. So I canceled the activation and finished the install.

I have used win update and installed all the updates and media player 11 with no problems.

Will xp ask for activation in 30 days? Is there a way to force being promted for activation so i can ring ms and get it sorted before giving the pc to my Mum?

thanks.
You should be able to this that "wall" on the bottom right of the screen and bring up the activation screen.
 
It says that windows has already been activated. Do some oem serials not need activating?
Once you went to the update site ,there was a validation tool installed ,that checked for activation/validation If it says you are all set, you are ok. It would not have let you download MP11 without checking first for validation.
 
Back
Top