XP-120 or SI-120?

WCES Ryan

Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
723
Which cooler would you choose?

The SI-120 is obviously a lot smaller, does it cool just as well or better, or if I want the most effective cooling should I stick with the XP-120?
 
Smaller? Not really. It's much taller than the xp-120. It doesn't have fins down by the cpu like the xp-120, if that's what you mean by smaller.
 
id stick with the xp120 that way it put the fan up high close the case side panel lik the si120 does
 
I purchased the xp120 before the si120 came out. The xp120 worked great with my old motherboard but when I purchased a new motherboard the xp120 would not fit. If I had the si120 I would not of had this problem because its missing the lower fins and is compatible with more motherboards. All the reviews I have read show the xp120 and si120 having about the same temps.

I liked my xp120 but when I got the new motherboard I ended up getting a Big Typhoon (thermaltake) which is actually similar to the si120.
 
if they're both compatible w/ ur mobo, get whichever ones cheaper. if they're not both compatible, well, obviously u should get the compatible one.
 
The board I am getting is Asus A8n-SLI premium, I'm fairly certain it will fit as I've seen people using the XP-120 on this board before. I've heard it blocks the first ram slot though... because of that should I get the SI-120?
 
WCES Ryan said:
The board I am getting is Asus A8n-SLI premium, I'm fairly certain it will fit as I've seen people using the XP-120 on this board before. I've heard it blocks the first ram slot though... because of that should I get the SI-120?

I have the same setup and I could imagine the XP blocking the 1st ram slot. I got the SI-120 and it's tight but everything fits beautifully. I'd say go with the SI you won't be disappointed.
 
hehe this is wierd bc i asked the same question at DFI street. anyways i think u should get the SI-120 bc i think it will give you more ease with the ram modules.
 
I really like the SI-120 that I bought. I would say for the sake of arguement. Go with it, its gonna be compatible with your board w/o question, its gonna cool well, and surprisingly enough, its incredibly light.

My XP-90 on a AMD XP2400, weighs probably 3-4x what the 120 weighs - the fan obviously.
 
Back
Top