Xonar Stx Drivers for Windows 8 Finally.... (x64)

avddreamr

Gawd
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Xonar+Essence+STX&p=21&ft=4&os=29

Yes they actually work, I was using a hacked beta earlier, and switching between headphones and speakers required a reboot... so besides the garish red color....
they work quite well.

Thought I would share, they were posted yesterday.

Now, if GFWL would just start to work on Batman Arkam City, and if Start8 was as responsive as the standard start menu... I would be pretty happy with windows8.

well... apparently there is also a win 8 x64 driver for my Xonar DG

now all i need is any desire to run windows 8 :)

Well, considering a legal copy (other then the preview) hasn't been released to consumers yet, I'd say Asus is on the ball.

actually RTM has been avail to me (legally) for awhile... TECHNET B*TCHES!! :D

Yay, I'm now less uneasy about getting an STX about six months ago. I still think it's a pretty good value (whether at $150 or $180) for a great card and a decent amp. I hope they're not really leaving the Phoebus as their sole high end card tho...

if you upgrade the opamps on the STX the card is a great value. it has a really nice headphone amp and dac

if you upgrade the opamps on the STX the card is a great value. it has a really nice headphone amp and dac

Even without upgrade is great.

BTW i got issues with this drivers, some random slight crackling noise appear during music playback with Asio/Aimp3.

The win8 or win 7 drivers

i find the win8 ones run better and sound better
i had less issues with the win8 over the win7 drivers

Anyone tried to using ASIO (24 bit) with lowered latency setting? i got issues if i set anything lower then 30ms :confused:

Back