Xigmatek S1283 Fitting Problems

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
It seems the S1283 doesnt fit on the Abit IP35 Pro... or has anyone been able to somehow? Even if I put it sideways (I dont think i wanna do that anyways since the airflow is front to back) its too tall and the 200mm fan gets in the way.... and the only way it'll fit the Lanparty P35 board is sideways as well. Hard to believe this is one of the most recommended heat sinks when it doesnt even fit some of the most popular mobos... am i missing something?

It's not like everything is one size fit all. My P45 JR can't fit more than half the HSF I got including the stock intel. If anything, you should blame your case as well.

I have one on a IP35 Pro right now. It fines just fine, the hsf will literally sit on top of the northbridge cooler, but it works.

Ran into same thing with the DFI P35 DK. I just bent 2 fins down on the heatsink and all was well. Ive done this a few times.

Thanks Hippie for the quip... thats what happens when i submit posts when i jus wake up... i do know the difference between a case problem and mobo prob.

But more importantly, so you guys are saying putting a heat sink and fan blowing sideways, bending fins, touching mobo heat sinks, etc., is all part of the game, thats not a problem? I didnt want to cause additional thermal or electrical problems anywhere and rather be more safe than sorry with these things than jus start doing whatever I feel like doing as if I were building a cheap aluminum foil antenna for a old TV.

Thanks Hippie for the quip... thats what happens when i submit posts when i jus wake up... i do know the difference between a case problem and mobo prob.

But more importantly, so you guys are saying putting a heat sink and fan blowing sideways, bending fins, touching mobo heat sinks, etc., is all part of the game, thats not a problem? I didnt want to cause additional thermal or electrical problems anywhere and rather be more safe than sorry with these things than jus start doing whatever I feel like doing as if I were building a cheap aluminum foil antenna for a old TV.

You asked if people were able to somehow fit it, and they have. If you don't want to do what they had to do, you'll have to find a smaller cooler or a bigger case.

You asked if people were able to somehow fit it, and they have. If you don't want to do what they had to do, you'll have to find a smaller cooler or a bigger case.

either that or take off the 25cm fan on the side, that's what really taking the space anyway. your mobo should fit it fine, i have it on my antec900 with dfi LP ultra D.

Thanks Hippie for the quip... thats what happens when i submit posts when i jus wake up
I do the same thing....sometimes long after I'm up! :D

so you guys are saying putting a heat sink and fan blowing sideways, bending fins, touching mobo heat sinks, etc., is all part of the game, thats not a problem?
Fan orientation can be a major factor but touching/bending a HS fin won't be.

I don't believe I've ever seen a successful mount of one of these uber-HSs in a stock case that incorporates a 200mm side fan.

Ya maybe i should think about jus using it sideways and no fan, since my exhaust fan is about 2-3 inches away directly behind the sink, i would think that should be good enough for this type of heat sink, ya... that way i dont have to worry about a cross draft inside my case.

Back