Xigmatek 120mm HSF + e2180 temps

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
4,312
Hey, I just installed it a few minutes ago on my e2180 @ 3.0ghz (1.3v in CPUZ) and i'm getting about 45c Load after 10 minutes of Orthos. I don't have time to do it longer since i'll be at work and i don't want it frying while i'm gone.

It's about 30c idle, 45c load (10 minutes).

Is that good or not?

Btw, I have a CM 590 and I have the fan on top of the heatsink and then I have 2 case fans an inch or so above from the CPU fan and they're both pulling the air out. I also have a case fan on the back of my case pulling air out. Do I have the proper air setup?
 
It's fine.

Very descriptive, thank you. :)

As for the fans. Like I said before, I have 2 top Exhaust fans and then my CPU fan is directly below them blowing my CPU air up to them, it's literaly an inch away. Is that the best bet I have for cooling?
 
Bah, 45C on load is fine (considering you at least running it longer :p).

Keep overclocking that little beast, let's see the potential!
 
Well I have it at 3.0ghz (1.296v in CPUZ) and it only does orthos for 2 minutes before it fails.
I was planing to get this atleast to 3.3ghz but it doesn't look like it will work out like that.

Is that bad sign?
 
Don't know where you started testing, but it sounds like you need to start from your last stable point. Your memory timings look pretty aggressive as well, you might want to back off of those a bit.
 
Keep upping the voltage until it's finally stable at 3.0Ghz. Remember that the max temps for C2Ds is around 65C IIRC.

Make sure that you read that overclocking Gigabyte motherboards thread by BillParish. You should find it after a quick search.
 
45c on load is great!

Yeah I thought that to but it was pretty close to stock voltage so I thought that was a bad sign.


Right now I have it @ 3.2ghz (1.4v in CPUZ), 20c idle, 55c max after 20 minutes of orthos(I plan to go longer though). My Memory is 4-4-4-12, 384mhz.

Can anyone tell me how to increase north/south bridge voltage on a GA-P35-DS3L?
 
Back
Top