XFX: You Say Babies. We Say Boot Camp

HardOCP News

[H] News
XFX has a new ad out that you guys just HAVE to see. I don’t want to influence your opinion of the ad so I am just going to link it and let you guys tell me what you think.

looked like a rip off of what some other people tried to do, and wasn't near as funny as the others :(

Whoa.

Untitled-95.png

Code:
http://www.xfxforce.com/2118AD/?c_camp=2118banner&c_des=[B]HardOCP[/B]
Very clever, guys ;)

Not funny, not even clever. Not that I'm offended. It just seems like maybe someone's little kid came up with it.

The marketers aren't nearly as smart as they'd like us to believe. The problem with this type of satire is that if you don't exaggerate enough for your target audience to clearly identify it as such, you run the risk of it being adopted at face value or, worse, ignored. On second thought, perhaps the marketers credit the majority of gamers with more discernment than I do. In either case, the ad failed. BTW, I consider myself a minority gamer.

I can't wait for this to be misinterpreted on FOX NEWS.

"GAMERS WANT TO KILL YOUR BABIES"

Well.. lame? I can't think of any other way to describe it. The bit with the "no matter how traumatic their first gaming experience may be" was kinda funny, but for the most part looked like some required assignment for a marketing class in college. It feels like there's some bigger, more sensible ad campaign this ties into that will make it seem more relevant, but on its own it has little merit.

I really didnt care about ... videos.

They were just ... downright strange.

well, what i DID notice, was ATI, ATI ... uhm, xfx, that just doesnt seem right ... yet for my head, maybe cause they havnt been with ati for that long yet.

Well, im going to go with XFX, since i want a 5 year warranty :)

Anyone else noticed the xfx and ati starting to pick up ? loads of costumers there nvidia... :p

XFX wants to train you baby to kill bunnies.:eek::eek:

Obama will be calling XFX.:rolleyes:

Old, old novels sometimes described something eerily close to the internet, so I won't rule out 2118 predictions.

Virtual reality Crysis XXXIII, on a handheld, travelling between planets? Or playing from other planets? Heh.

Let's just hope no one in the mainstream media sees these videos, because this ill-conceived fantasy ad could so easily be plugged into their fear engine.

"You say babies. We say bootcamp." Really? Really?!

"We'll show you that pulling a trigger is as easy as pressing a button" ?!

Who they hell are these people? Are they trying to sell video cards to GAMERS or are they trying to create ammunition for the JACK THOMPSONs of the world?!

ATi needs to put some pressure on these retards to stop this campaign. Use your brains marketing geniuses.

Back