• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

XFX or Corsair

devotech

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
10
Hello!

I'm on a mission to purchase a new PSU as mine has started to make an interesting hissing noise that persists even after power down and I don't really trust it. IIRC my current PSU is an Aspire 450 Watt I bought four years ago.

Current Setup:

AMD Phenom 955
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
ATI 4670
4GB DDR3 Mushkin
DVD Burner
1x 500 GB Sata Hdd

Only upgrade in the future is a video card, most likely a single GTX 460 or comparable.

I'm half leaning to the following two PSU based on reviews and various website perusing.

XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207002

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005&cm_re=Corsair-_-17-139-005-_-Product

Thoughts?

Thanks :)
 
Last edited:
Hi Zero,

Thank you very much. I did look at that Seasonic. You figure 520w would be sufficient after a videocard upgrade?
 
They're pretty much the same PSU, although the XFX is modular and cheaper. I'd go with that out of the two options, though personally I'd go with something altogether cheaper like one of these:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371030
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094

Actually, the current version of the 650TX is from a different manufacturer. The older version was made by SeaSonic. The newer version, introduced this year, is made by CWT and based on its PSH-II platform.

The modular XFX, though, is still a SeaSonic-made unit, and a variant of the platform that the Antec TruePower New 650W PSU uses.
 
Actually, the current version of the 650TX is from a different manufacturer. The older version was made by SeaSonic. The newer version, introduced this year, is made by CWT and based on its PSH-II platform.

The modular XFX, though, is still a SeaSonic-made unit, and a variant of the platform that the Antec TruePower New 650W PSU uses.
You're right about the Corsair. You're wrong about the XFX. It uses the old Seasonic x900 platform.
 
Actually, the current version of the 650TX is from a different manufacturer. The older version was made by SeaSonic. The newer version, introduced this year, is made by CWT and based on its PSH-II platform.
Say what? Link showing this?
 
Back
Top