XFX Geforce 8800 *GTS* 512MB $244 after rebate?

hate to make all of you angry, but looks like theres a pricing error and the card is now $364.99, so it is likely that most, if not all of you will have your orders cancelled. :mad:

Aha, but I paid via paypal. I wonder how they will change the price on me.

lol my case is funny. It might work or might not. I saw this like a hour ago and had browser open for this price but I didn't have enough money in my online purchase account so I called my wife to see if I can use our account. No answer and by the time I was able to reach her, the deal was dead. I went back to 1st browser and processed it there and it went through as $265!!!! and received confirmation email as $265 too. I won't be surprised if they cancel it and it's still couple of months away to finish my new PC so I wouldn't care but if this goes through, it will be funny. :D

Aha, but I paid via paypal. I wonder how they will change the price on me.

I did too. If they change the price and change me more I'm gonna flip. I can understand canceling the order, but if they charge me more then that is bait and switch and I'll pissed.

I did too. If they change the price and change me more I'm gonna flip. I can understand canceling the order, but if they charge me more then that is bait and switch and I'll pissed.

I don't think they can legally do that. So I'm pretty sure that can't happen.

Isn't that illegal?

i didnt see the post before, anyone wanna fill me in with the price of the card before the rebate? :confused:

My order has changed again, now it says:

Discontinued on 12/12---XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB DDR3 PCIE 2.0 Dual DVI (retail)

Oh well, i was worth a try.

Its not bait and switch if they can cancel your payment, and reprice the item.

No voicemail since I left a wrong number. So since they couldn't tell me it was canceled I will be getting one soon.

yeah right. all they have to do is put a notice on your order status page and put it on indefinite hold or outright cancel it.

Hey guys, i know the son of the owner of Mwave, i always make fun of him cause i order off newegg. anyways they wont cancel them

mwave has always cancelled price errors in my experiance. they have never honored them for myself

I didn't get a phone call or email but my order status says it is canceled. Oh well, was only going to resell it anyway since my PCI-e slot is too close to my PCI slot (Audigy 2) so I plan to use an 8800GT.

Do online retailers live by different laws? I know that local stores have to honor a price error.
I am not completely certain, but I believe they are covered by law due to the following:
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Mwave.com is not responsible for typographical errors. All typographical errors are subject to correction.

Best Buy has the same thing on their website and they legally have to honor the price mistake. I don't think that actually has any meaning in court.

I think that clause keeps them from having to honor pricing mistakes made only in the product description on the website, but legally binds them to any advertised prices (newsletters, sunday ads, etc.).

It may also be the case that bestbuy will honor the price because it won't cost them nearly as much and they don't want to loose costumers.

I think that clause keeps them from having to honor pricing mistakes made only in the product description on the website, but legally binds them to any advertised prices (newsletters, sunday ads, etc.).

It may also be the case that bestbuy will honor the price because it won't cost them nearly as much and they don't want to loose costumers.

Well, I'll never use Mwave again.

If they would have honored that price, I would have bought from them again. I will shop somewhere else.

print ad's are safe from errors also.. frankly stores can change prices and call it a error pretty much anytime. any that honor mistakes do so out of manager decision or company policy. aka if the price shows up different at register then its listed on shelf at some stores its store policy that you get it free dicounted etc.

people think they have way to many owed rights to them then they really do.

hell a store could have peopel sitting in line and change the price at the register if they want. gas stations do it all the time changing price during day etc.

just cant change it because of some type of discrimination that would have to be proven by the customer.

basically all these hot deals that are obvious mistakes people just get all butt hurt but in reality they are just being the average ignorant to reality citizens. Same goes for peopel thinking tey can tell cops what they can and cant do really annoys them..

sorry rant off

If they would have honored that price, I would have bought from them again. I will shop somewhere else.

You're a flippin moron for assuming they would honor the price to begin with. Yes all of us tried, just in case - but there isn't a single intelligent person among those who ordered that didn't consider this as the most likely conclusion.

It was worth a shot, it failed. Get over it.

Give me a break. I posted this comment below on the first page of the anandtech deal as these deals end up with the same rants when it's a pricing error..

Truth is if they had another product for >$100 less you would be the first in the checkout line again. Just part of the game with hot deals. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

I have no vendor loyalty and I think most of us are the same way visiting hot deal threads. Give us a good price and ok service and we will jump. Give us a great price, crappy service, and we will still buy again.
I must admit that I do have some. If a price is the "SAME" between locations I will buy from the place that gave me better service. This is the only situation where service comes into play for me.

"Get ready for the cancellation emails.....
No realtime inventory as you can add 999 and still check out. Obviously a price mistake but will not stop people from stating:
"I will never shop there again"
"Class action lawsuit?"
"I already sold my other card and now without a system...."
Either case good luck to those. "

I agree about the loyalty, but I will buy from companies that treat me right if the price difference is say $20 different. The reason is I know I'm getting from the company that is going to treat me right. Now on this deal I honestly had no idea about it being in the hot deals. I lucked into it. I bought it yesterday morning. They took the money out of my account, and everything. Now it is canceled, and they told me it is going to take over a week to get my money back. Now that is total BS. When I talked to them they told me it was not because of a pricing issue, but of not having enough in stock due to it being a discountunied product. Even though the website reason for canceling on me is do to pricing error. This is where I have to say that I'm not going to buy from them anymore. I respect it was a pricing error. I respect that they canceled because of that. I do not respect being lied to on the phone. I do not respect the idea it takes them a week to get me my money back. The lady even talked about maybe getting me store credit to be faster. I told her no. I want my cash back so I can buy this card else where. I also know that maybe two days tops money should be back in my account. So my loyalty to them is gone.

The braintrust over at mwave charged me twice on my cc after they canceled the order. :mad:

Once on the 12th and once on the 13th. I wonder if some tard forgot a "-" in front of the second charge.

The braintrust over at mwave charged me twice on my cc after they canceled the order. :mad:

Once on the 12th and once on the 13th. I wonder if some tard forgot a "-" in front of the second charge.

If it's charged twice, I'd call them and bitch about you better be getting 2 8800GTS 512mb in the mail overnight, otherwise you're filing with your CC Company, and the BBB...

Then, sell me one for that price and I'll pay the shipping!! =)

And the MOB wants blood....LOL So you mean to tell me that you're mad because you didn't get a product eventhough you had a very good reason to believe the price was incorrect, give me a break.

If it's charged twice, I'd call them and bitch about you better be getting 2 8800GTS 512mb in the mail overnight, otherwise you're filing with your CC Company, and the BBB...

Then, sell me one for that price and I'll pay the shipping!! =)

I'll sell you both since I already have a 8800GT coming. :cool:

my friend also was charged on his credit card and they actually withdrew the money. Lucky i paid with paypal cause they refunded that right away

And the MOB wants blood....LOL So you mean to tell me that you're mad because you didn't get a product eventhough you had a very good reason to believe the price was incorrect, give me a break.

So I can post something for sale. Have a buyer. He sends me the money. Then someone else offers me more. I email the first guy 'sorry price error.' Pay more or no item. I like it. :D

It's like Best Buy employees tacking me in the parking lot as I get into my car with a paid for card that's been marked down too much. The stuff a company can get away with on the internet. wow

When the money is transferred I consider that deal done.

I can see why mwave cancelled the orders, as I'm sure that their advertised price was $50 or more below their cost for the item. Honoring the hunders of orders I'm sure they got would have cost them potentially in excess of $10,000. Larger establishments like Best Buy, Amazon.com, and Dell can easily absorb such a hit and are more likely to honor a price mistake to avoid negative PR, but mwave may be much less financially robust.

Honestly, the law should protect retailers in this situation, as typos or pricing errors could easily destroy a small business overnight if they were legally obligated to honor the mistake. I do think, however, that mwave should have provided customers who were canceled a coupon code for $10 off or something, simply for PR reasons, especially for those customers who were actually charged for the item (this is the holiday season, and many people are likely operating at or near their credit limit).

Back