XFX Geforce 8800 *GTS* 512MB $244 after rebate?

The point is that you knew it might be pricing error and you took a chance and it's nothing new for the etailers to canx orders when pricing error is involved, it has happened before, it happened now and it'll happen again. If a few orders went all the way through then congrats to those that got a good deal, otherwise don't wine cuz you knew the probability of a canx order.

I can see why mwave cancelled the orders, as I'm sure that their advertised price was $50 or more below their cost for the item. Honoring the hunders of orders I'm sure they got would have cost them potentially in excess of $10,000. Larger establishments like Best Buy, Amazon.com, and Dell can easily absorb such a hit and are more likely to honor a price mistake to avoid negative PR, but mwave may be much less financially robust.

Honestly, the law should protect retailers in this situation, as typos or pricing errors could easily destroy a small business overnight if they were legally obligated to honor the mistake. I do think, however, that mwave should have provided customers who were canceled a coupon code for $10 off or something, simply for PR reasons, especially for those customers who were actually charged for the item (this is the holiday season, and many people are likely operating at or near their credit limit).

Yep, bigger retailers/etailers can absord the pricing mistakes. I recalled one instance when people got the 2007FWP for like $150 each when they were selling for like $350+, some guy on here even got like 20 of them to resale.

Nicepun I understand what you are saying , but I lost my money out of my account. They took it. It wil be put back sometime next week. The thing that is a kicker is the deal is done. They took the money. Then they are more than happy to take there sweet time to return the money. This kills me being able to get in on any other deals with them, or anyone. That is complete crap. I honestly did not think it was a pricing error when I first saw it. Later on when i hit the forums I saw all the posts about it. That is when it hit me. I was not tring to rip some company off. I not a thief I payed. It is there mistake they should have my money back, quickly.

I honestly did not think it was a pricing error when I first saw it. Later on when i hit the forums I saw all the posts about it. That is when it hit me. I was not tring to rip some company off.

Looking at the nice rig in your signature, you know a thing or two about PC hardware. You seriously thought that a new 8800GTS for less than the going price of a 8800GT is not a mistake? Cmon.

Nicepun I understand what you are saying , but I lost my money out of my account. They took it. It wil be put back sometime next week. The thing that is a kicker is the deal is done. They took the money. Then they are more than happy to take there sweet time to return the money. This kills me being able to get in on any other deals with them, or anyone. That is complete crap. I honestly did not think it was a pricing error when I first saw it. Later on when i hit the forums I saw all the posts about it. That is when it hit me. I was not tring to rip some company off. I not a thief I payed. It is there mistake they should have my money back, quickly.

For them to take the money and not return it immediately or even ship it it's very unacceptable and I agree with you on this one.

i thought it was illegal for a vendor to take the money and then refuse to ship the product...

Actually, be pissed off at your credit card company for not giving instant credit back to your account.

Or their bank that does their credit card processing.

See, the issue is you are an ignorant person who has no clue how a credit card works.

You thought wrong.

Hmm; so it would be perfectly legal for a company to advertise a product they have no intention of shipping, hold the money until the customer complains to return it, and in the meantime make money investing said money. Right. If what you say is true, such a scam would be perfectly legal. I cannot believe that.

Hmm; so it would be perfectly legal for a company to advertise a product they have no intention of shipping, hold the money until the customer complains to return it, and in the meantime make money investing said money. Right. If what you say is true, such a scam would be perfectly legal. I cannot believe that.

Except that is not what happened.

Your problem right now is you are blowing somethinbg way out of the water.

A company made a pricing error. It happens...all the time. When the company realized the pricing error, most likely because hundreds of orders were flowing in, they adjusted their website and canceled orders. in the mean time, between the bank they use for credit card processing, to your bank that own the credit card, the credit back will take some time to process.

Everytime there is a pricing error like this, there comes a thread just like this one, with ignorant people crying like little sissy girls with no clue as to how anything works.

Except that is not what happened.

With mwave, no. I'm thinking more of the Dell MSI 8800 GT fiasco with my analogy, though they do seem to be getting the XFX 8800 GT's out to their credit. And the crucial difference as to why people aren't complaining as much about them? They aren't charging the credit card until they ship. If Dell was doing what it was doing, but charging the credit card right away, there would be tons of complaints, and they would be justified.

Everytime there is a pricing error like this, there comes a thread just like this one, with ignorant people crying like little sissy girls with no clue as to how anything works.

Maybe so, but just because they're wrong doesn't mean that the truth is the exact opposite either. ;) Unless consumer protection laws have been completely destroyed, there is still a limit as to how much a company can jerk its customers around, no matter what their TOS says. :p

Actually, be pissed off at your credit card company for not giving instant credit back to your account.

Or their bank that does their credit card processing.

See, the issue is you are an ignorant person who has no clue how a credit card works.

exactly, even if a company does refund immediately there is a 3-5 day period before the funds will post in your account, just like newegg just like any other online retailer. its just kind of pathetic when people don't get there way they go out of there way to destroy the reputation of a perfectly honest reputable retailer. I have used mwave numerous times times in the past and they have been terrific in all aspects, just as good as newegg imo.

i see all the little bitches that didn't get there way posted negative feedback on reselleratings totally blowing the situation out of proportion. bait and switch :rolleyes:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Mwave

i think anyone that has used mwave in the past should leave them some positive reviews if you haven't already, the website doesn't deserve this just because the little pussy prima donna's didnt get there way.

i think anyone that has used mwave in the past should leave them some positive reviews if you haven't already, the website doesn't deserve this just because the little pussy prima donna's didnt get there way.

I've ordered from mwave many times with no problems. But I've never left feedback. I've ordered something recently, so I will leave a positive feedback this time. Only because all these pathetic morons are who gets spiteful when they fail to game the system.

Unless consumer protection laws have been completely destroyed, there is still a limit as to how much a company can jerk its customers around, no matter what their TOS says. :p

Again, you are ignorant to what you speak of. Educate yourself.

I think that clause keeps them from having to honor pricing mistakes made only in the product description on the website, but legally binds them to any advertised prices (newsletters, sunday ads, etc.).

It may also be the case that bestbuy will honor the price because it won't cost them nearly as much and they don't want to loose costumers.

Best Buy, Frys and Circuit City regularly have notices up on their stores that say that the price/item in some ad was incorrect and that they will not honor it.

In this particular case, the only people who have a legit claim are those who had their credit card charged and those who paid via PayPal. I don't think anyone else does.

Regardless, it'd be dumb for Mwave to honor the price and lose thousands of dollars.

I have a hard time believing anyone is going to say, hmmm...well newegg is cheaper, but they sold me my video card at a loss, so I'll pay more to mwave.

OTOH, if I lived in a city that had a legit alternative to best buy, i wouldn't buy from them, because I bought a game once and tried to geta price match to Frys (ah the good old days) and they refused claiming their giant sign that said they'll refund 110% of the price delta didn't include computer software!!!

It did, and for the next 3 years I never purchased anything from them, with the possible exception of a loss leader on a BF sale.

That said, I just bought the BFG 8800GT from them yesterday...229.xx out the door was too good to pass up.....though havne't decided if I'll keep it or not.

Again, you are ignorant to what you speak of. Educate yourself.

What I said was factually correct. I may not be a lawyer, but I know that a term that says that you owe them your first-born child for ordering for them will not stand up in court. They may not simply put in anything they want and have it stand. I admit that I do not know where the limits are, but I know there are limits. And furthermore, what I was replying to you wasn't in reference to the MWave situation (where I agree, there was no wrongdoing, as they refunded promptly when they discovered their error), but to you claiming, whether intentionally or not, that it is perfectly legal for a company to take money and claim they will ship a product, and neither perform nor promptly refund.

himmy said:
dasaint said:
i thought it was illegal for a vendor to take the money and then refuse to ship the product...

You thought wrong.

If that really is legal, please give the Supreme Court decision where that was decided.

First off every jackass that wants to bad mouth me becuase I spoke my mind go F yourself. I was not really bad mouthing them all that much. I know that it takes a few days to get the money back. The thing that gets me is that they let it go for a whole day after the fact before they decided to respond, and give me my money back. I did not say they had to give me my product I bought, and they took money for it. I am intitled to tell what has happended to me. Just like everyone is aloud to say MWave is the greatest company ever. Still in the end I have gotten my refunds from Newegg in less than a day. If it is now my Credit Cards companies fault for canceling the deal then. I am so very sorry to MWave. I am sorry I called them to ask what was up, and they could not keep there story straight. That is all my fault. I guess I should not been a comsumer, and tell everyone. So this little whiny bitch can tell you all to go F yourselfs. Also I live in Indianapolis. If one of you little bithces wants to have it out to my face PM me. Even though this post will more or less get me banned. If you feel Froggy then leap. I get tired of everyone wanting to rip on everyone for being open on a forums. Good day to you all. Also yes there is laws against these types of things. It depends if your state supports it. I did not go down that road since most Online companies do not have to go by these rules. Which like I said I never demanded MWave have to give me anything, but my money back.

What I said was factually correct. I may not be a lawyer, but I know that a term that says that you owe them your first-born child for ordering for them will not stand up in court. They may not simply put in anything they want and have it stand. I admit that I do not know where the limits are, but I know there are limits. And furthermore, what I was replying to you wasn't in reference to the MWave situation (where I agree, there was no wrongdoing, as they refunded promptly when they discovered their error), but to you claiming, whether intentionally or not, that it is perfectly legal for a company to take money and claim they will ship a product, and neither perform nor promptly refund.

If that really is legal, please give the Supreme Court decision where that was decided.

This is so stupid. You reply to me, and decide 'well, let's change it to the company takes the money, says they will ship the product, then doesn't ship it and holds onto your money.' WTF are you taking about? You completely change what was being said, and what happened... Of course now, since in your mind you have now changed what happened, everyone else thinks that way so any post here has to be taking in this amazingly stupid context you yourself thought up.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with your head?

This is about what happened with this deal.

This is so stupid. <rest of rant removed>.

If you want to play lawyer (or worse, be a lawyer), you must be precise with your language. You paint with a broad brush, you cannot blame somebody for looking at all aspects of the issue.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with your head?

If you have to stoop to insults to make your point, why should I, or indeed anybody, take your arguments seriously?

This is about what happened with this deal.

This has gone off-topic for a while, whether you've noticed or not. :rolleyes:

I personally thought it was on sale just like the MSI 8800gt from Dell deal. Most of the vendors like tigerdirect and zipzoomfly has it around $320 AR. So $245 is not considered that kind of price error in the first place.

If you want to play lawyer (or worse, be a lawyer), you must be precise with your language. You paint with a broad brush, you cannot blame somebody for looking at all aspects of the issue.

Paint with a wide brush? Narrowing it down to this topic, and when this exact same thing happens, is a broad brush?

Language?

You are retarded. Changing to a different instance, then applying that same difference instance to what i said, is retarded. You are arguing something I never claimed, over and over. That is completely, totally, 100% retarded.

This thread has gone off base big time. I honestly do hate to bring it to the front, but I have to ask. Has anyone gottne there money back yet. I talked with Mwaves customer service which does leave a little to be desired for helpfulness. They have told me for the last 3 times I called that they gave me my money back. The first time they told me they already gave it back to me. Then they offered store credit for it. Which told me something was not right. So I talked to my bank and got some info for people to know. Since I was told that I'm ignorant to how that process works. I thought I would find out all the info from my bank. A company can hold money for up to 30 days if you do not contact them, and have them refund your money. The refund should take only 3 days at the most if it was directly taken out of a account from a company, and not with another bank involved. MWave went direct so when the request to give back money should take no longer than 3 days. MWave has never made this request with my bank. Now that it has been 8 business days after saying when they made the request. So my bank advised me to start a dispute against them. So I called MWave today to have them come clean. It took a little bit, but they told me they messed up a bunch of refunds, and they cannot get them. It may take a while longer in order for them to figure out what they did. I asked them if they can give another request. They said no since it might give me 2 refunds. This does make since, but wow this is total crap. In the end my Christmas is screwed for a while. I just want to know if anyone else is going through the same ordeal?

LOL I wish. I honestly would be happy with just getting my money. I cannot complain to much for a I have really nice hardware in the first place. The thing was the my GeForce GTS 640 was going to my nephew for a Christmas/Birthday gift. Now I have to wait till sometime next month maybe to get this done. With me having my money in limbo it does not let me take advantage of any deals like the ones on ZZF or Clubit. I will not deal with MWave ever again. After dealing with there customer service. If they would have came clean with me in the first place. I would have been cool with them. Yes they did not honor the deal. That is fine. Looking at anohter 3 weeks before I get my money is not cool at all. Not telling me the truth, and putting me on hold for half an hour is rude. No I did not ever raise my voice, or use profanity. Even though it did cross my mind. On top of that my nephew 6800GT just died. So this is just ugly for me.

I also called because I didn't get a refund & was told that it was refunded when it was canceled. I told the CSR that it has been 7 days and my statement tells me otherwise. She then gave me the number for accounting. I called accounting and was told that "all refunds didn't go through". She actually sounded surprised and said she will refund the money again.

I would advise all that haven't gotten their refund yet call this number (below) and see if the refund went through. You will need your order number.

mwave accounting number - 909-839-7689

I talked to the lady at that number 3 times. She was very nice, but really beat around the bush to answer me straight. Now on the bright side I filed a claim wiht my bank. They called MWave. Within 3 hours I had my money back. So Christmas is only going to run a little late. Happy. Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy.

Back