XFX cross shipment of RMA's

I don't think they do it. So far as I know eVGA and only eVGA has a RMA cross-shipping program.

We are currently working on a cross shipment program we hope to have in place in the very near future. If you are having problems with your video card, shoot me a PM and I can see about helping to get it resolved.

XFX Support

I requested an RMA for my 7900gt on 7/2/2007... I plopped down $100 for an evga 7600gs to get me over the gap, which works fine in the same system. I finally received a 7950gt with the passive heatsink replaced by a fansink (passive one in the box also) as a replacement on 7/19... over two weeks, and it is bugged too. I tested it on more than one machine and even bought a new Thermaltake 600w power supply thinking that after 3 years my Vantec 520W may be jittery... no luck, same problem. So I requested cross-shipping on the second replacement and they said they might be able to set it up, plus maybe pay for my return shipping on the second card... but then their website database goes down, it says i have no registered products and no active ticket. The phone tech is also unable to use the system. their techs are helpful and friendly but no cross shipping (as of yet) and a time consuming and buggy ticket process is very frustrating. Plus the fact that the "new" card is bugged out... make me think that I will not be going with XFX in the future, despite the lifetime warranty.

just my $0.42 ;-)

While faulty replacements do not happen often they unfortunately can happen. Please let me know the ticket number and I will get this resolved for you.

XFX Support

well, thanks, but i didn't pm you :confused: lol someone else must have. my ticket number is 98175 and there hasn't been any movement since I posted this on friday.

edit: hmm someone hijacks my hijacked thread... must be more desperate people out there. sorry gunner i just read your thread at a very frustrated moment

Yea I am having the same issue. The Replacement card they sent me was obviously used and had even more issues than the original card I sent in.

The replacement card had a large blemish on the head sink casing and the mounting clip looks like it had been removed and replaced on it. You can tell by the wire mesh stuff being all smashed up.

This is going on a month I have been without a working computer.

Ticket#: 91710

This is the shipment tracking for my XFX 8800GTX XXX:

With the shipment slip XFX sent me.

Tracking: 469058310000813

Please ship me my replacement video card. ASAP.

well, thanks, but i didn't pm you :confused: lol someone else must have. my ticket number is 98175 and there hasn't been any movement since I posted this on friday.

edit: hmm someone hijacks my hijacked thread... must be more desperate people out there. sorry gunner i just read your thread at a very frustrated moment

Did not hijack your thread, seeing as I started the thread. :confused:

Lol gunner I was apologizing that I hijacked YOUR thread! I was only calling bad on me and XFX here. Also, some unknown that apparently sent their ticket number to the XFX rep. If that was you then I did call you a hijacker lol sorry it wasn't supposed to be negative.

At any rate they did finally yesterday afternoon initiate a cross-shipped RMA. The second-level tech said he even threw the card into his own box to test it before shipping it out! haha

It seems the trick to getting a response is to post to your ticket whenever the status is not "with technician"... even if they post that they're going to take some action, if you look at their post and don't respond it will immediately go into "idle" mode, in which it can remain. Just keep bugging them. The whole back-and-forth still takes days, they really need to find a way to speed up client communications. Phones do wonders.

Good luck! :D

Well time for some XFX lovin to go on. I just asked if I could replace the heatsink on my 7900gs because it was getting toasty ( 70* ) and they said yep. Go ahead, just keep the original incase you ever need to send it back. Yay! xfx.

Lol gunner I was apologizing that I hijacked YOUR thread! I was only calling bad on me and XFX here. Also, some unknown that apparently sent their ticket number to the XFX rep. If that was you then I did call you a hijacker lol sorry it wasn't supposed to be negative.

At any rate they did finally yesterday afternoon initiate a cross-shipped RMA. The second-level tech said he even threw the card into his own box to test it before shipping it out! haha

It seems the trick to getting a response is to post to your ticket whenever the status is not "with technician"... even if they post that they're going to take some action, if you look at their post and don't respond it will immediately go into "idle" mode, in which it can remain. Just keep bugging them. The whole back-and-forth still takes days, they really need to find a way to speed up client communications. Phones do wonders.

Good luck! :D
Glad you got your cross-shipment, I did also.:)

curious, did they charge your credit card till they recieved your old card? then just refund it when it came it?

They have insisted on multiple occasions that they won't cross ship for me. I am unsure why. It's getting really freaking irritating. I am going on over a month without a functioning home computer.

XFX please help. =\

QUOTE:

AMOUNT OF $ 300 FOR RMA NUMBER Xxxxxx IF THE DEFECTIVE

CARDS ARE NOT SHIP BACK WITHIN 30 DAYS UPON RECEIVING THE CROSS-SHIP REPLACEMENT

CARD. (We can only process Visa and Mastercard)

Please provide us a tracking number once your defective card is shipped back. We will contact you two
weeks after you received the replacements if we do not hear from you. We will charge the amount shown
above to your credit card if a tracking number or Proof of Delivery is not provided within 30 days after you
received your card.

This is what was sent to me concerning Credit Card.

yes the cross-ship form (Excel sheet haha) that I got had the same text. They have shipped but not put a hold on my cc. =)

Yeah I have no problem with the techs they are helpful, just buggy process and system

edit: and buggy cards :p they do seem to be trying to improve their RMA system.

Seems like they have a random number generator as to whether they do cross ships or not.

Initiated my 1st RMA on 5/31/07, and I still do not have a working video card.

The 1st card they sent back, was even worse than the 1st card I sent it.

And it was obviously used as well.

Ugh.

Currently we do not offer cross shipments as a normal part of our RMA policy (but we are working on it). However we do make exceptions in the rare cases that customers receive a faulty video card as a replacement from us. If this happened to you, please pm me your ticket and RMA number so I can help.

XFX cross shipped my 7900GTX when it went bad for a second time. They assured me this want normal protocol, but did it anyways. This was all during the whole issue of bad ram being shipped out on huge numbers of 7900 series cards when they first rolled out. It was non-vendor specific though, so I can't fault XFX. Every vendor had that problem.

Ugh. I am still waiting for them to inspect the faulty card they sent me that I sent back.

So I have to wait for them to get that done so that they can send me the next one.

:mad: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This shouldn't take this long.

UGH, fed up with XFX.

Your video card is here, has been tested faulty and the replacement will be going out today via two day shipping per our conversation. Thanks for your patience and let me know if you need anything else.

Well, I received my second replacement card and after several hours of GRAW at max settings and 3dmark06 (4584 san diego fx-55 and 1 gig of value ram everything stock speed, meh) all run flawlessly I am confident enough to consider this done, as soon as I get then shipping label to send back the first replacement card.

gyranthir, sorry to hear about your frustration, I know exactly how ya feel. I am sure they will do what they can to make it right with you, even though it seems to take forever. As I said before imho XFX has sincere and helpful people they need to improve quality and service process.

After two bad cards in a row I'm still not very confident that this card will last too long. XFX Rep thanks for your help :)

Got my new card. They sent me a new retail kit, including GRAW and a Revision 1.4 card.
Date: 05/07

I believe my original card was 1.0 or 1.1.
Date: 01/07 or 12/06

I will test it tonight when I get off work.

Thanks XFX, just hope this one works.

Thanks,

Gyr

Received my replacement card for my RMA, Fan does not work on this one also.
I disconnected my CDROM, DVD, Floppy Drive and all but one fan to ensure that it was receiving enough amps off of my Power Supplies 12 Volt rail. According to Specs my Antec 480 TRUPOWER has enough amps off of the 12 V rail for this card.
Reinstalled my old card( 6800 GT), it works fine.
Fan is very stiff and shaft seems to be bent, when turning it by hand I can hear a scraping noise, seems to be hitting bottom of the fan assembly.
Sent info to XFX, they are going to send me a fan so that I can replace the defective one.
This is getting to be very frustrating.:(

Back